Author Topic: Bigger Planets 2  (Read 15714 times)

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Bigger Planets 2
« on: April 28, 2009, 01:13:38 pm »
Original Thread: http://www.sporemods.org/forum/index.php/topic,2480.0.html

Fixes:
Graphical Changes:
 -Improved Day and Night Side of the planets. Night side is now darker and has a blue tint to it with lighter shadows at night and darker during the day.
 -Fixed Tree and Object Lighting on the Night Side of Planets. They No Longer Appear Lit as if on Day Time.

General Changes:
 -Only Stable, playable Starter planets populate in the Galactic Menu (must delete current "New Game" planets to take effect)

CREATURE Stage Changes:
 All changes are in order to Compensate for the Larger Surface Area the Bigger Planets have.
 -Increased number of Nests and creature Pool Size.
 -Increased the View Distance of Objects and Creatures.
 -Increased Number Of Epics. (CREDIT: nineballfool)
 -More Rouges (CREDIT: nineballfool)
 -Fixed Intro Cut scene (creatures no longer appear on the nest)
 -Various Food Fixes (game-play fruit tweaks)

TRIBE Stage Changes:
 All changes are in order to Compensate for the Larger Surface Area the Bigger Planets have.
 -Spaced out tribes (Other Tribes form farther from yours)
 -Your Tribe can only be defeated if your Main Hut is destroyed, not your population
    (If your whole population is dead and have no food, try and sell your buildings to gain more food. If you don't have any buildings then you will
    have to wait until your Tribe Leader reincarnates.)
 -All Tribes get more Members (Only on Hard/Normal Mode)
 -Various game-play tweaks (hunger/fruit/resources/etc)
 - Added more Building spots

CIVILIZATION Stage Changes:
 -Fixed intro Cut Scene (camera no longer clips through ground)
 -All city Types can build All Vehicle types
 -You Can now pick your City walls from the "City Planner" Menu (Colony and No walls Available too)

SPACE Stage Changes:
 -Star Systems now Generate between 1- 13 planets

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mmtzynbl0g1

Credits go to Omni for the original mod, and to Helio2 version 1 and version 2.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 01:18:50 pm by DarkDragon »

DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Vetro

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Behold Life.....
    • View Profile
Re: Bigger Planets 2
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 02:26:11 pm »
Excellent, though it appears it may no longer run too well with Betterspore (gameplay addons), I see that the epics have been changed around. I don't know too much about modding but won't this conflict with the epic pairs that were introduced?
"The Finest ship in my estimation that has ever been built or ever will be"- Captain Bertram Hayes, RMS Olympic

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 03:27:48 pm »
I've never really got into the modding scene with Spore (since I no longer play the game enough to warrant it) but regardless of that, these little tweaks and additions sounds all rather impressive.  :)
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 03:43:45 pm »
Excellent, though it appears it may no longer run too well with Betterspore (gameplay addons), I see that the epics have been changed around. I don't know too much about modding but won't this conflict with the epic pairs that were introduced?

Yes, it is incompatible with BetterSpore gameplay changes, although loading this one after loading betterspore shouldn't affect much.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:26:39 pm by DarkDragon »

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 05:31:53 am »
Totally radical! 8)

Excellent Mod hands down!

Offline Darklance

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 07:42:27 am »
This is seriously one of the best mods ever. With just the few changes you made, its like spore suddenly became more challenging and realistic. I have a few questions though:

1. In creature stage there seemed to be patches of vegetation with creatures living near it, then open fields with not as many creatures / none. This, in my opoinon, is more realistic. Was this intended or was it just my planet?

2. In space, along with there being more planets, have you changed the number of planets that have life? There should be way more barren planets then there are with life, and that's a problem I saw with Spore.

3. The changes to the civilization stage are amazing, but the city walls seem kind of small. Is this because of the planets size? If so, you might want to find a way to make the walls look more like they're protecting the city.

I'm asking these because I haven't really had time to fully test out this mod since my computer can hardly run Spore.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 10:02:04 am »
This is seriously one of the best mods ever. With just the few changes you made, its like spore suddenly became more challenging and realistic. I have a few questions though:

1. In creature stage there seemed to be patches of vegetation with creatures living near it, then open fields with not as many creatures / none. This, in my opoinon, is more realistic. Was this intended or was it just my planet?

2. In space, along with there being more planets, have you changed the number of planets that have life? There should be way more barren planets then there are with life, and that's a problem I saw with Spore.

3. The changes to the civilization stage are amazing, but the city walls seem kind of small. Is this because of the planets size? If so, you might want to find a way to make the walls look more like they're protecting the city.

I'm asking these because I haven't really had time to fully test out this mod since my computer can hardly run Spore.

As I said on the OP, I didn't make this. I'm just posting it here because people liked version 1 a lot.
Now answering to your questions:

1. Yeah, I think that's supposed to happen on any planet.
2. I think the probabilities of finding planets with life is the same, not sure though.
3. I don't know about that, you'll have to go on the sporedum forums and ask the creator.

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline helio-G

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 03:39:52 pm »
Oh sweet i dint know someone posted my mod on these forums! was tons funner than anything the incompetent maxis devs in charge of gameplay ever did.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 03:42:14 pm by helio-G »

Online Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 03:41:13 pm »
was tons funner than anything the incompetent maxis devs did.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwGFalTRHDA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwGFalTRHDA</a>
the real saviour of this forum

Offline helio-G

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 03:43:06 pm »
was tons funner than anything the incompetent maxis devs did.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwGFalTRHDA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwGFalTRHDA</a>

i bet you that guy was on the dev team.

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 07:51:36 pm »
Perhaps you and the BS crew could do a co-op together to better integrate.