Author Topic: Phlogiston: A Steampunk Adventure OOC  (Read 60738 times)

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
Re: Phlogiston: A Steampunk Adventure OOC
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2009, 08:24:03 pm »
How? We live in the same house and have only 1 firewall. Jeez.

EDIT: Beat me to it.
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2009, 08:26:05 pm »
Cut it out man. The IP tells all...

Pics or GTHO!!!
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2009, 08:26:17 pm »
Well, I still hold my opinion to be true, especially becasue Spartans reasoning is flawed when Badger stepped in. I hope im not the only one though.

Anyway enough with this spam im out till tomorrow when i have a character.

And you guys should gather a list of people who want to be villains and just roll a die.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 09:03:13 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2009, 09:02:26 pm »
Please do not start a little war in here. If you've got a problem take it to the PM system.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2009, 09:10:52 pm »
I made me a character.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2009, 09:22:52 pm »
Yeah it was fine and believable until the master thief with a small gang suddenly has control over most of the city (which happens to be a megalopolis). I'd nix the control of anything of extreme value such as parts of the city. Don't fear having a character that is somewhat average or mundane.

The bio is here if you can't find it.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2009, 09:25:52 pm »
Changed.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2009, 09:27:34 pm »
Why'd you change it? Just wondering.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2009, 09:30:16 pm »
Yeah it was fine and believable until the master thief with a small gang suddenly has control over most of the city (which happens to be a megalopolis). I'd nix the control of anything of extreme value such as parts of the city. Don't fear having a character that is somewhat average or mundane.

The bio is here if you can't find it.
Thats why.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2009, 09:32:23 pm »
Hm... :)

Alright then! Can't wait to get this show on the road!

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2009, 11:07:21 pm »
Name: Marius Don Adri

Ever since he was a child, he has been fascinated with technology. Working in the factories all day, seeing everything that steam power had to offer, had imprinted this fact into his mind: Technology was power. This was reinforced when he lost his right arm and both his legs in an industrial accident, barely escaping with his life. Technology kept him alive. Technology gave him the mechanical limbs that replaced his lost ones, allowing him to function as he used to. Better, even. The first ones were crude, cheap, but he improved on them. Made them better than brittle bone and fragile flesh. Of course, this made it difficult to function with normal society: who would hire someone who couldn't walk without these pieces of metal and steam attached to his body? So he created his own small business of sorts, creating and fixing the things other people needed, and used the money to experiment and create the technology he so craved for. He rarely met directly with his customers: most found his appearance disconcerting, so he learned not to deal directly with people when he could. His only desires were to not be disturbed while he created new machines, and to seek out the most advanced technology which he could not create himself.

Edit: Any thoughts or comments welcome!

Edit2: And now a name!

Edit3: Only lost his arm, not his legs.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 05:42:40 pm by MetallicDragon »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2009, 06:03:56 am »
Guess I'll step up to the villain plate.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2009, 10:01:44 am »
My bio will be up shortly.  I just wanna clear something with Patman first.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2009, 07:22:35 pm »
Name: Christopher (Chris) Santucci

Bio: Christopher Santucci was always fascinated by clockwork. That and weapons. His parents, fearful that his fascination with weapons would turn him violent instead praised and guided his clockwork interest. This kid had more pocket watches than every boy in his grade, combined. As Christopher's life began, he decided not to go to college and instead opened a small clock store, who would've guessed? However, in this little shop in the middle of the city Christopher invented strange and wacky clocks. Clocks powered by steam alone, clocks that shot burst of steam on the hour, clocks powered by battery that shot the amount of steam out for the number of seconds that was equal to the hour, clocks that went counter clockwise, clocks made of silver, gold, steel, iron, clocks that had 24 hours instead of 12. Zany clocks indeed. However, free from his parents, Christopher had time to tinker in his other hobby. In the back of his little clock shop, if you ask, you can look at Chris's 'other' inventions. While he only made three (two if you count that two are exactly the same), he is quite proud of them, and if you have the dough, he'll think about making one for you. One is a shot gun that is operated like clockwork, the gun holds a dubious amount of shells while the mechanics on the inside allow it to fire at an impressive rate... However reloading after the 10 shots can be quite a pain if under stress. The other two weapons he made are clockwork crossbows, the bolts attached aren't anything special but the rate of fire is whats impressive. Christopher modified his to allow them to attach to his forearms with the trigger resting in his hands allowing him to fire both with ease. But... this is all what he does in his spare time, in his little clock shop in the middle of the city...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 07:25:11 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2009, 08:58:18 pm »
Coo, so I'm seeing the world to be not just steam power but just the general "advanced yet not advanced" technology. I likes it.