9 (27.3%)
GameCube
13 (39.4%)
All the same
2 (6.1%)
don't really know..
4 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: The Best Console(For now)  (Read 8725 times)

Offline PineappleTheHun

• Mystery House Madman
  • Explodablicious!
    • View Profile
Re: The Best Console(For now)
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2005, 05:17:22 pm »
Gamecube Totally.
PS2 has crap hardware, crap games, and you can get 90% of the games on Xbox AND Gamecube.
Xbox has the best hardware, some good games, such as Halo and Mechassault, and I suppose you can mod it, but all in all that costs a bundle.
And the gamecube has the worst hardware, but, by far, the most FUN, ORIGINAL, and EXCLUSIVE GAMES.

Feel free to argue, Generic PS2 game/Halo fanboys.  ;)
Quote from: Borogove
I try to think of what mother nature would have done if she suffered major brain damage.
Quote from: Gaming Steve
You are wrong.
Quote from: Legodragonxp
Starship Troopers 2 had only two things worth seeing, but she died early on

Offline CrimsonSapien

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Syntax error in line 20: UserCS=Wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2005, 02:05:04 am »
Xbox has the best hardware, some good games, such as Halo and Mechassault, and I suppose you can mod it, but all in all that costs a bundle.
And the gamecube has the worst hardware, but, by far, the most FUN, ORIGINAL, and EXCLUSIVE GAMES.

Feel free to argue, Generic PS2 game/Halo fanboys.  ;)

That is an interesting yet uninformed view you have there, you see the Xbox can be modded (softmod) without costing you a single cent. If you were to say that chipping the Xbox is expensive, I *might* agree with you (for not everyone has disposable cash to justify chipping a perfectly good Xbox) As far as your statement goes about the Gamecube, I cannot totally agree with you there either. You see you accuse the other two of having franchise games you can get on all the systems, yet you neglect to mention Nintendo is just as guilty (although they do not spread their "flagship games" across all the systems) Does the names of these revamped, re-released games mean anything to you: Zelda, Metroid, just about anything with Mario. Fun? Maybe. Original? Definitely not. Exclusive? Yup. Childish? Absolutely.
If you spend word for word with me, I shall make your wit bankrupt.

Offline krjal

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2005, 04:23:41 am »
Labelling something 'childish' is a very subjective notion.
+++"Sometimes, when I look into the abyss, the abyss looks back" - [tmo]+++

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2005, 06:27:38 am »
As far as your statement goes about the Gamecube, I cannot totally agree with you there either. You see you accuse the other two of having franchise games you can get on all the systems, yet you neglect to mention Nintendo is just as guilty (although they do not spread their "flagship games" across all the systems) Does the names of these revamped, re-released games mean anything to you: Zelda, Metroid, just about anything with Mario. Fun? Maybe. Original? Definitely not. Exclusive? Yup. Childish? Absolutely.

You know, slapping an "M" rating onto a game doesn't automatically make it "adultish" as I'd like to call it. It just means they stuck in some gore or nudity or maybe a bunch of profanity. That doesn't automatically make the game adultish; in fact, it may still be rather immature. More childish then those games people always accuse of being for wee lil kids. Other factors make a game mature much more then the upbove stated factors.

Likewise, an "E" rating doesn't automatically make a game childish.

And for the life of me, I can't think why anybody would label Metroid as being childish...I can understand the bad rap that Mario and Zelda gets (even if I don't agree with it) but Metroid?

And now here's my canned spiel of how the GameCube has many more good games then Zelda, Mario, and Metroid. Blah blah blah. Us GameCube owners sure have to defend ourselves a lot.

Offline CrimsonSapien

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Syntax error in line 20: UserCS=Wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2005, 09:20:01 am »
No more than PS2, Xbox and a slew of other consoles do.
If you spend word for word with me, I shall make your wit bankrupt.

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2005, 01:50:22 pm »
Well sure. But not necassarily less, either.

Offline franchise

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2005, 03:59:59 pm »
They all have great qualities - Nintendo titles for GameCube, albeit very few. PS2 if you're into quantity. Xbox for online play and good games.

If I had to choose between the 3 I'd take Xbox without a second thought. Plenty of very good games (Halo, Ninja Gaiden, all the Tom Clancy games, Doom 3, Beyond good and evil, Fable, Sudeki, Prince of Persia, KOTOR to name a few), many of which have online play. The online play alone seals it for me, I could go months just playing Halo 2 and a few sports games, so if you're in to competition go with xbox. Also, IMO the controller has the best layout for most game types.

Offline Sully

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2005, 01:45:48 pm »
PS2 for quality and selection of games.

Ill take Gran Turismo and GTA anyday over Yoshi's Fantastical coloring book adventure. But I have been biased against nintendo since the late 80's.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2005, 03:56:34 am »
You know you have a good game when its fun, addictive and you can't wait to get back on and play.  Whether the game is considered childish or not is not relevent.  Everyone has different taste and concepts of what is fun or interesting. That's why there's such a selection of games out there.  Some of the games I play would probably be considered childish to the rest of you but they are very entertaining to me, which is why I play them. I have no interest in war games but lots of you do.. Just have fun cause its all good.

Offline jedi55555

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2005, 06:57:43 am »
I voted XBox.  That is about all I have played for over a year now even though I have had a PS2 since it first came out (My wife and I stood out in line overnight to get that thing, the PS2 that is - yea we were crazy).  I have even recently gotten rid of my PS2.  I now have the Xbox, Gamecube, and PSP.  Don't know why I like the stuff on the XBOX better, I just do.