Author Topic: Agent RP  (Read 5735 times)

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
Agent RP
« on: April 17, 2009, 02:42:29 pm »
Well, this is a James Bond-like RP that is much like the Student Life RP, except that characters are secret agents of your race's secret service. Just fill in this form:

Name:
Race:

Oh, and the reason I used the teletype was that it looks fitting for a secret agent, by the way.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
Re: Agent RP
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 02:44:39 pm »
And just how are we going to do the interactions? What are the settings? There needs to be more info really.

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 02:47:30 pm »
And just how are we going to do the interactions? What are the settings? There needs to be more info really.
((The setting takes place in alleyways, underground lairs below a city, etc. And use OOC, please. Also, the interactions?
This is sort of freeform with that, you can do it in any way you want.))

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 02:48:19 pm »
No one will join with so little to go on.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 02:48:48 pm »
Xoa Vok'nes
Assassin
Photos
Weapons:Plasma blade, plasma grenades,hand to hand combat expertise,can work with any weapon he comes across
Profile: A young trooper, Xoa is trained in assasinations.Highly trained,he is kind of like a one man army
Attire:A stealth-black jumpsuit with helmet

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 02:52:51 pm »
Why Not?

Name:  Flames Band
Specialty: Weird little gadgets, that always tend to come in handy at just the right time for no reason
Race: Hairy Sneegles
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 02:56:21 pm »
Actually, come to think of it, I'll also be the villain.

Name: Dr. Octogoldno
Specialty: Overly elaborate deathtraps, particularly those involving sharks with fricking laser beams
Race: Krakatoa
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 02:58:39 pm »
Mekihavil Osidias
Explosives
Zorikanian Black Claw
Weapons: M5 highly explosive charge, military-grade GBR pistol, small NKR-1 robot
Profile: Level 5 Zorikanian government access required. Unclassified Intel: Killer Strain
Attire: Bullet-proof tuxedo

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 03:00:21 pm »
((Grangan, you're in. Also, RPing can start now.))

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 03:34:05 pm »
Name: Vigtiz Re'kar
Specialty: Bam!tm, you're dead.
Race: Sneal

Uses a MK 1 ion rifle and MK 2 for suicide missions.
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 03:56:38 pm »
From within his metallic lair, full of spiky spikes, Dr. Octogoldno had completed his latest plan.  He would build a gigantic robotic hand larger than a star and have it take over the galaxy for him!
He would use the mysterious artifact known as the Ark of the Temple of the Grail of the Crystal Skull!  With that, his hand would be unstoppable!

"Mr. Band, I trust that you are informed of what you are about to undergo?"
"Yeah yeah yeah a debriefing of these stupid gadgets I know."
"STUPID?  STUPID?  I am R, the finest gadgetmaker the Hairy Sneegle-"
"Maybe most arrogant, but not finest."
"Point taken.  Our first device is a device that appears to be a laptop computer, but actually, it fires radio controlled bananas at high speed.  Each banana has a homing device, and will always hit their target and cover them in a gooey mess of banana chunks."
"And this is useful... how?"
"It isn't!  That's the beauty of it!"
"Right."
"The second gadget appears to be a copy of the famous novel "Gone with the Solar Wind", but is actually a tranquilizer gun.  Unfortunately, it only works on albino crocadiles, but that'll be fixed in the second addition."
"Right."
"The third gadget appears to be a snail, but it's actually a ROBOTIC snail!  It doesn't do anything that a snail can't, but it's sure to be useful."
"Right. Anything else?"
"The fourth gadget- oh, there isn't.  Goodbye."

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 04:54:42 pm »
P.S. Pride
Xoa was getting ready for his next assignment. He latched his two plama blades and 6 plasma grenades onto his belt, and took off towards the Breifing Room.General Lakis was there.
"Well Xoa, it's your first assignment. We have a report that-" Lakis squinted at the holopad in his hand," Dr. Octogoldno is building some sort of oversized weapon. Your mission: Cripple or Destroy it, Destroying being preferable." Lakis said. Xoa made his way to the launch pods and entered one. There was a large roar as it was launched. He let a hand on the joystick and flew the pod down to the surface, where he found a sewer entrance. The sewer was where the Doctor had his lair, aparently.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 05:00:20 pm »
Or so Xoa thought...
In reality, Octogoldno had built a large trap consisting of genetically modified giant alligator like creatures.  They were disguised as his lair entrance....
As Xoa entered the area, the grating rapidly closed behind him.  The large creatures began coming from every direction, slowly and hungrily.  They didn't look very nice.  After a few tense moments, one of them shot lasers out of its eyes, barely missing Xoa.  They then all began shooting at Xoa.  Fortunately, some of the lasers hit the grating, giving a small opening to get out through...

((Yeah, it's not considered very nice to take over other people's characters.  In a normal RP you'd get kicked out for saying where the entrance to the villain's lair was when you didn't control the villain.  I let it slide, sort of, though I did change it from the entrance of a lair to the entrance to a trap.))

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 05:05:13 pm »
Osidias was ready. He checked his weapon and the explosives. He jumped out of the plane. "Hello." he said as he hovered above the ground near the entrance. He hit the ground and removed the straps attached to his chute. He opened the sewer entrance.
He found Xoa.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 05:07:26 pm »
Xoa,rather than excape, rushed headlong at the creatures with his plasma blades drawn, dodging the lasers. He cut the head off two of them, then jumped on the back of one and let his sword drag,runing with the sword slicing into the water. This attack decapitated the rest of the creatures.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 05:11:28 pm »
Unfortunately, in the place of each head, three heads sprang up, each shooting even bigger lasers.  The heads threw Xoa into the air repeatedly, shot, missed, and caught him again, only to repeat over and over and over again.  It was lucky for Xoa that they were horrible shots, but eventually if he didn't escape one would bite him to death at the least.

Small, furry, ratlike creatures swarmed the bottom of the sewer.  They began nibbling at the monster's feet.  They gnawed and gnawed.  It seemed at first a blessing, but then it became evident that they wouldn't stop.  They completely ate several of the things, and Xoa slowly descended towards the gnawing scavengers....

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 05:13:58 pm »
Xoa pulled a plasma grenade from his belt. His armor obsorbed plasma so he was safe. He pressed the ARM button and dropped it.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 05:15:20 pm »
The exploding plasma killed several of the things, about three.  Of one thouand minimum.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 05:21:48 pm »
((ok, now you are just godmodding.We are talking about a high energy plasma explosive paired with small furry rat things and just 3 of them died? I think not.))

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 05:25:03 pm »
((Fine, how many do you think died?  I assure you that all 1000 did not die, that force of an explosion would kill you as well.  I doubt it killed enough to matter.  Also godmodding is NOT giving your character high power.  It's taking control over another person's character.  I could have a character that can take or dodge any shot and has enormous guns but if I didn't say "my character shoots your character, now your character is dead", it's not godmoding.))

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 05:32:21 pm »
((That is not the definition of godmodding,what you have. Go read the freakin "how to RP" Thread or whatever it is.))

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 05:35:27 pm »
In terms of role-playing, it means the controlling of other peoples' characters, creatures, species or other creations. It also refers to the practice of being unrealistic in terms of fighting others - this will be explored more fully later. This is usually unacceptable in RP because it is the controlling of someone else's creation.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 05:38:17 pm »
In terms of role-playing, it means the controlling of other peoples' characters, creatures, species or other creations. It also refers to the practice of being unrealistic in terms of fighting others - this will be explored more fully later. This is usually unacceptable in RP because it is the controlling of someone else's creation.
I make my point.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2009, 05:39:42 pm »
Be reasonable: you are about to role-play a story which may end in some form of combat, or maybe even start with combat. However you can’t assume that this is a "competition" that you can "win"; think of it as a cooperative storyline where you win by making the story as compelling as you can. Don't therefore assume that you will always win any combat. You are not invincible, and you certainly shouldn't be thinking of the roleplay in those terms. In space, or anywhere for that matter, you will find that the other people will have different weapons and different ideas on how effective they are. Hell, both of you are using fictional weapons in a fictional universe, so how about working out together how effective your weapons would be? This is essential to both avoid godmoding and to help the story out by avoiding petty arguments.

One very important thing to remember is that your character is not you, and you are not your character. Tempting though it may be to let your personality control your character, remember that the actions of a character are just being roleplayed. Other people might say or do things as a character, but this should not reflect on them themselves. Similarly, remember if another character insults your character, they are not insulting you.

Power and Strength in the fanfic universe are based on several things. The first and most important is respect. This is derived partially from other people's opinions of your race, and partially from the amount of time you've been around and contributing to the fanfic universe. Another important factor is the amount of effort you put into your detail, pictures, and your posts in the RP threads. The more of this, the better. Post in other people's threads, and not just your own, detailing diplomacy and the like - this will ensure that your race is more diplomatically active. If you can join an alliance, that's another way to be active. It's an established convention that new races have to spend time working their way up through the ranks of RP and get to the top through great contributions.

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2009, 05:57:12 pm »
(( I have to go to bed. Post tomorrow morning.))

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2009, 06:00:50 pm »
((......at 6 pm? :o))

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2009, 06:05:53 pm »
((It's called time zones.))

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2009, 06:07:31 pm »
((Dur dur dur! I know that! >:( He's usually on 'till much later!))

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2009, 06:21:51 pm »
Look, I don't want to get involved, but....

Let's see what happened here.

... large trap consisting of genetically modified giant alligator like creatures.  They were disguised as his lair entrance....
... grating rapidly closed behind him.  The large creatures began coming from every direction, slowly and hungrily. ... shot lasers out of its eyes, ... lasers hit the grating, giving a small opening to get out through...

Ok, we establish the trap, and Garagan gives a way out. (Lazers out of organic creatures? NVRMND...)

... rushed headlong at the creatures ... plasma blades drawn, dodging the lasers. He cut the head off two of them... This attack decapitated... the creatures.

Glitch chooses to attack (ok, fair enough, that's his character)

... in the place of each head, three heads sprang up,... were horrible shots, but eventually ... bite him to death at the least.

Ok... running with the genetically modified thing, fine.

...creatures swarmed the bottom of the sewer...nibbling at the monster's feet....They completely ate several of the things, and Xoa slowly descended towards the gnawing scavengers....

And added danger (feeling a bit make-it-up-as-you-go here) :-\

Xoa pulled a plasma grenade from his belt. His armor absorbed plasma so he was safe. He pressed the ARM button and dropped it.

Ok, so he sets up an explosion. Ah, but what's this?

No mention of armor, but I'll let it slide as simple mistake, since he allready mentioned the grenades :-\

The exploding plasma killed several of the things, about three.  Of one thouand minimum.

This is another problem. It is highly unlikely that these "swarming" scavengers would have that few casualties. If you had explained that they had manybe run away from the grenade, there might be more realism here, but it is still a very low number. Not all would be killed, but far more than three. The number would depend on the size of the room (scavenger density) and the size of the blast (destructive radius) if one wanted to get technical.

Garagan, I'm sorry, but you're technically godmodding here. To use your own quote

"Don't therefore assume that you will always win any combat. You are not invincible, and you certainly shouldn't be thinking of the roleplay in those terms. In space, or anywhere for that matter, you will find that the other people will have different weapons and different ideas on how effective they are. Hell, both of you are using fictional weapons in a fictional universe, so how about working out together how effective your weapons would be? This is essential to both avoid godmoding and to help the story out by avoiding petty arguments."

Glitch, also, try not to add any more upgrades to your armor without a story-based reason (has a friendly scientist upgrade it later on in the plot, for example). Plasma-absorption and basic armor qualities is most likely enough to get your character by for now  :)

[/nitpick]

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2009, 06:26:41 pm »
I agree with most of that, but by the dimensions of the room I was imagining, it would be impossible to create an explosion that caused significant casualties without also killing Xoa.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2009, 06:34:28 pm »
In the future, please describe it as such. "Large" implies something like a five-star hotel lobby. "Huge" "Massive" "Cavernous" "Enormous" all sound about right.

Glitch, if you please, to settle further dispute, how big of a blast radius are we talking about? Enough to clear an elevator car? An average bus? Destroy said bus? Clear out an entire floor of a building? Destroy said floor? Destroy said building? (That last one is rather large. Planted explosives are what you want to do that kind of damage.)

Further, is it only superheated plasma that the grenade produces, or is there an explosive, physical force too?

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2009, 06:39:05 pm »
The grenade itself has an explosion the size of a person's head. The plasma shoots out upon detonation and could,as you put it, "Destroy said bus" by melting it. All Photos military clothing (jumpsuits,armor,power armor) all absorb plasma safely, designed to avoid friendly fire.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2009, 06:42:26 pm »
Does Photo Clothing cover their whole body?  Because releasing something that could melt a bus in this area would coat you with plasma.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2009, 06:45:56 pm »
er....yes and no. They always wear a helmet in unfriendly space or most of the time on a space ship. But the actual jumpsuit, no.The helmet obsorbs plasma too, it's classified as armor.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2009, 06:49:15 pm »
Allright, now combine this mid-sized plasma cloud with garagan's "Cavernous" room, and one can see how there would be less casualties than expected. Not as few as three, (I was thinking at least twenty) but it's still insignificant in a swarm.

My suggestion; try to be as specific as possible from now on, and have Xoa excape now that he realizes his grenades can't do enough damage to the swarm of scavengers.

Does Photo Clothing cover their whole body?  Because releasing something that could melt a bus in this area would coat you with plasma.

He described it as:

So I would assume so. He also dropped the grenade, not held onto it, so the small explosive force either hit his foot or missed completely depending how far he was off the ground.

EDIT: Beat to it.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2009, 06:51:49 pm »
Kay then.  A rewrite of the controversial post:

The grenade went off, killing a good number of the things, but still not enough.  More still poured in from the seemingly tiny holes in the corners and edges of the rooms...  Fortunately, the dead alligator thing's mouth sprung open, and a clear path led to the opening...

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2009, 06:56:19 pm »
Xoa was hoping that the flash from the grenade momentarily blinded the creatures, as the sewer would be dark most of the time. He climbed up the ladder leading to the hatch he came in through and cut it open with his plasma blades. He climbed out, savoring the fresh air on the surface,compared to the musty sewer air.

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2009, 04:14:01 pm »
Vigtiz, armed with his MK 1 ion rifle, broke through the roof. Unfortunately, he fell in the sewer.
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.