Author Topic: 1000 Blank White Cards  (Read 2930 times)

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
1000 Blank White Cards
« on: April 16, 2009, 07:10:42 pm »
Well, I saw this on the Bay12 forum...
And I thought we could try it. Here's an explanation of the whole thing here...

http://www.geocities.com/nconner23/bwcards.html

Of course, we'll need to change the rules enough to play it on a forum... But before I work on all that, I thought I'd check y'alls reaction to it, and see if any of you have ideas for rule-changes too.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: 1000 Blank White Cards
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 07:24:23 pm »
Looks good but we'll need a way to make cards.
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 07:27:24 pm »
We'd probably just use images. Like Paint or Photoshop'd images.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 07:42:50 pm »
The only real difficulties I see comes in shuffling cards other people make up and fairly keeping individual hands a secret.
We could try amending that rule, or find some kind of random card/variable shuffler online.
Coming up with an alternative yet similar rule might make playing individual games less complicated though.

Perhaps we could submit all our cards to a designated player (game master/banker/man behind the curtain to whom which we are told not to pay any attention/etc...), then have them shuffle and dole out the cards somehow (via PM to keep things secret). Whoever does that though would also have the responsibility of drawing the new cards for each player so overall it would be a somewhat consuming task for one person.

Any other suggestions?
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 09:32:38 pm »
Awesomeness...

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
  • Don't eat the yellow snow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 10:32:06 pm »
Interesting...

I don't know how you'd play it on a forum though.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 12:58:15 am »
The only real difficulties I see comes in shuffling cards other people make up and fairly keeping individual hands a secret.
We could try amending that rule, or find some kind of random card/variable shuffler online.
Coming up with an alternative yet similar rule might make playing individual games less complicated though.

Perhaps we could submit all our cards to a designated player (game master/banker/man behind the curtain to whom which we are told not to pay any attention/etc...), then have them shuffle and dole out the cards somehow (via PM to keep things secret). Whoever does that though would also have the responsibility of drawing the new cards for each player so overall it would be a somewhat consuming task for one person.

Any other suggestions?
Players could still draw their own cards though. They just draw their card, and post it in the game topic.
The game master would have to keep track of all the cards though, which can become a bit complicated.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 10:09:03 am »
We should move this to Storytelling and Roleplaying, less it gets drowned in the tides of the forum games.
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.