Author Topic: Knowing  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
Knowing
« on: April 14, 2009, 01:22:29 am »
I just saw this on the big screen. It was pretty awesome.
We were planning on going to the movies after dinner tonight, mostly on a whim. So I go look up my theater showtimes. The only thing remotely interesting was this movie.
I read the premise. At first I made fun of it for sounding a bit like Next, but no. I was pretty well blown away.
Can't say I've felt that good about a film in a long time.

Anyone else gonna have a look at this one? I highly recommend it, if that means anything to you.  :-*

http://knowing-themovie.com/

"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Knowing
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 08:07:44 am »
From everywhere else I have heard this movie sucks, The only reason I would go to see it would be for a game of spot the Melbourne Landmark.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 03:49:15 am »

This seems to be the consensus. I still have hope for Cage though, he's made some great movies in the not too distant past. Maybe he's saving money for his own epic self-produced self-directed masterpiece.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 06:16:04 am »
Haha, yeah. Cage is alright, but really. The guy is pretty much exactly the same in every movie.
Even if he tries it with an accent. Did you ever see Conair?

Puut the bunna back in the bowx.

But whatever. It's fun.

I had a look at rottentomatoes.com. I honestly totally expected this reaction.
So critics (of all kinds) used to be there to assist consumers in saving their dollars, or to recommend them things worth the money.
It can be pretty helpful sometimes. That is, if you feel you generally share the same thoughts as the critic.
Otherwise, there's no connection, and no relevance.
These days, you may very well find critics who so verbosely and violently spit out their thoughts that are actually somehow more entertaining than the film itself.

I can't say I feel like this is one of those times after reading a bit there... but whatever.  ::)

EDIT: You know what? I love that picture. Where did you get that?
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 11:20:32 am »
I'm sorry, I did some googling but there's no author. I can't even find it on Digg, so I suppose I StumbleUpon'd it. Damn.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 03:17:12 pm »
From everywhere else I have heard this movie sucks, The only reason I would go to see it would be for a game of spot the Melbourne Landmark.
youve got a fine avatar

This seems to be the consensus. I still have hope for Cage though, he's made some great movies in the not too distant past. Maybe he's saving money for his own epic self-produced self-directed masterpiece.
did you paint that picture, because if you did you did a fine job at reproducing cages face

i like cage though, face off was epic
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.