Author Topic: The Grand Empire of the Traeponis- REDONE.  (Read 3741 times)

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
The Grand Empire of the Traeponis- REDONE.
« on: April 11, 2009, 12:23:22 pm »
(Remember my Old race, the Traeponis? You know, those religious zealots  that hated all other races and declared war on Plank Of wood's race? Well, their back, and this time, I've changed them a bit, so you might want to read through if your interested ;))

Much Credit to the talented Kitkat for this Image of a Traeponis Miner :D
Biology
The Traeponis are a race of Sapient Mollusks that evolved on the Swampy planet of Kkvartis IV, a planet consisting of swamps and fresh-water seas, with high temperatures and large amounts of fungi.
They stand approximately 5-6 feet tall, and have four long, spindly legs, which enable them to crawl on walls and other surfaces (Assuming Of Course, that there is enough grip) making them excellent at surprise attacks. Their arms are enclosed in a hardened mucus shell, which protect vital nerves which lead to the brain. They have four tentacle-like fingers on each hand, with the fourth being a thumb with the tip being a small, funnel shaped sucker.
Another odd feature is that of their skin, which is sticky and smooth looking; This enables them to stick to surfaces and perhaps even other creatures when the need arises. They wear Gas-Masks, these being a vital part of both status and survival.
It is unknown why this is necessary for their survival, but it may have been caused by failed Terra-forming attempts, which made the environment harder to breath in, or an evolutionary flaw that existed since the race were still living in tribes.
Traeponis skeletons are unique, in that they are formed from a from of light-weight, damage absorbing Cartilage. This means that Traeponis are able to move flexibly during battles, but protective Armour is still required in order for them to even survive a heavy fall.   
Females are at equal height to the males, but have thinner legs and longer fingers. Males are generally stockier, though it is apparent that the females have more authority over the males, which may be one reason as to why they compose about 80% of the Army. 
Both genders lack visible genitalia outside of the mating season. During the mating season, males grow a strange, yellow horn made of keratin at the base of their spines. They also change color, from the dull grayish blue they normally have, to a bright orange. Females become even more aggressive (Of course, female Traeponis are always aggressive), and will actively attempt to seduce the nearest male they can find into mating with them. The legs of the females become longer, thinner, and more spaced apart from the body. The Males horn then pierces the females skin during mating, implanting sperm and other genetic information. Females then
One week after the mating season ends, female then lay hundreds of marble sized eggs, yet only about a quarter survive up till adulthood.
Traeponis have about three main Organs; The Tillpip, which acts as both the liver and stomach by creating bile, filtering the blood system, and digesting food. Next is the Ujjuuoo, an long branching organ which acts as the Small and Large intestines, kidneys and pancreas. It leads the food directly into the next organ, the Retus, which is basically the anus, disposing of waste by releasing it as an odorless gas (Traeponis don't defecate or urinate)
Culture and Society:
The Traeponis are divided socially into three Types: The Regals, which are high ranking members of the government, such as political leaders and priests. They speak in a language which is completely alien and unique to the lower classes, and since they have the highest presence in normal society, the lower classes have a hard time understanding orders. The Second Group is the Working Class, which consist of Miners, Farmers, and Peace-Keepers. Peace-Keepers are actually members of the Final Class, The Military, that have been downgraded into enforcing propaganda of the Regals, and making sure that Citizens do not break laws, one of the most serious is the creation of any types of art, forming romances out of the mating season, and leaving the planet without a license. Breaking these three rules results in torture and execution.
Young Traeponis are referred to as Doklioties which is a term meaning "useless" as they have no purpose until they complete the Cleansing Ritual, an act all Traeponis in the Lower Classes are to take if they are allowed into regular Traeponis society.
(I'll continue this later, It's almost my bedtime, and my back is killing me :()

Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
Re: The Grand Empire of the Traeponis- REDONE.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 01:59:42 pm »
Cool, I like the miner.
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 02:12:14 pm »
Coolio indeed. 8)

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 07:34:40 pm »
Nice. :)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 10:11:36 pm »
Pretty cool.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 02:16:57 pm »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Pah, well I'm fixing that, aren't I? Though I said they weren't really a spore race anymore, I've decided to finally update this thread with more information on these guys. Read on!:

Revised Culture and Law:
The leader of the Regals (And thus, the entire Traeponis Race) is a High Priest or Priestess that regulates complete and total religious and political power, like that of an Emperor, though on a more Religious Scale.

His/Her word literally becomes law, though it must be first agreed upon by a council of lesser  (Though the High Preist/Priestess almost always get their wish). The Current High Priest is Vershuima-Para'doxai IV, who has been ruling for over 300 years to date.

Under his rule, Traeponis society has been radically changed; They are no longer an Oppressive Fascist state, as art is now allowed under his rule, along with trade with other species and romances.

The Traeponis society has also shifted from a Military rule to a Highly Religious one, which is covered later on. The Traeponis also no longer hold any racist views towards other species, largely in part because of their contact with The Iraquinxae, though they still hold some great prejudices with Slave Species.

The Iraquinxae:
In order to understand the Current Traeponis society, one must first understand the Relationship with a completely separate species, the Iraquinxae:

Long ago, during Vershuima's very early reign, a powerful star-faring race discovered the Traeponis. Calling themselves 'The En-lighteners' or the Iraquinxae, they landed on Kkvartis IV, and directly told the Traeponis to either peacefully convert to their religion, or become annihilated and cleansed.

While the Military was ready for way, Vershuima himself feared that the Supreme Biotechnology of this species could overwhelm and destroy their army's, and upon visiting the Iraquinxae's home-planet, signed a peace-treaty between the two Alien-Races, and converted his entire race to their religion, become their soilders and Military.

What else would you like to know? :)
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 02:19:31 pm »
JOY!

For some reason, I really like that you've decided to bring these guys back. Especially because I seem to remember hating them...
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 02:21:40 pm »
I recall that everyone did :P They've changed for the Better now, don't worry. Some are still racist bastards though.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 02:46:15 pm »
So they're kind of like Germany in the first few years after WWII? That's interesting.

I'm also glad they've come back. Where are they in the galaxy, anyway?
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 03:00:07 pm »
Hmm, I haven't actaully thought on where they are yet :-\ Could ya help me out?

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I could post some En-Lightener and Traeponis religious texts.
I warn you, they are weird (or at-least, I hope they'll be)

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 03:05:15 pm »
I imagined them generally in the upper left corner of the galaxy, on the closer side to the core than the outer rim.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 03:17:05 pm »
I imagined them generally in the upper left corner of the galaxy, on the closer side to the core than the outer rim.
Guess that's where they are then!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2009, 05:13:49 pm »
E-E-E-EPIC REVIVAL!

And yes, those would be pretty welcome! :)

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 07:25:05 am »
Okay, though I should start by updating Octopus first :P

Offline Spudman

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • ORBIT
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 03:57:16 am »
You should post some of those religious texts you mentioned: they sound pretty cool!
 :D
"You will all suffer my sins, your oceans of blood will soothe my body and purify of it or this world which I have been born into. Your souls will merge with mine, your pain and fear and despair will drive my crusade!"