Author Topic: The Zeront  (Read 21009 times)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Re: The Zeront
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2010, 09:50:31 am »
Here's a picture of your average Zeront citizen:

The hands have two fingers and two thumbs, giving a strange grip. However, as is demonstrated by the hand he has curled up in a fist, this allows the hand a better grip on most objects. They possess digitigrade legs, with two long, clawed toes. These are strong and quite dexterous, despite their slender appearance; Zeront Citizens can hang upside down by those toes if needbe. They have 3 eyes and 3 frills on each side of their head, and also have a horn on each side of their head. They also have a small opening into the nasal cavity on each side of the tip of their head. These creatures possess a tail, which is commonly used for self defense. The muscles in the tail are quite strong, and can slam into someone at respectable velocities. These are common creatures, and crew the mechanical vehicles, as they have no natural weapons, as apposed to a strain like a Lisk.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2010, 07:44:05 pm »
The more I see these guys, the more I realize that they're practically our [the good guys'] version of the Coalition's Core Combine.

It'd be pretty interesting to see them go head to head.  ;)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2010, 03:21:05 pm »
UPDATE: PREDATOR GUNSHIP
Name: Predator
Class: Organic Gunship
Armament: 8 rapid-fire self-targeting neurotoxin-tipped needle turrets, Swarmers.
Propulsion: Gasses for lift, telekinetic field for movement.
Length: Standard is 90 feet
Width: Standard is 50 feet at widest.
Height: Standard is 30 Feet at heighest.
Armour: Thick skin, carapace.
Top Speed: 120 MpH
The Predator-class Gunship is a Zeront strain well suited to taking on groups in a support role. It's fast, hard hitting, and maneuverable; a bad combination for it's enemies. It's very resistant from attacks from the air, the carapace it has covering it's top both helps streamline it's body and protect it. However, the bottom of the creature is protected only by thick skin and some areas of thin carapace. However, the speed of the creature combined with the eight rapid tracking turrets makes getting even a single shot off a lot harder than it sounds.
If that isn't bad enough, it can lift it's upper back carapace pieces up to unleash nasty little buggers called Swarmers: They're essentially organic missiles, that home in on their targets and them go boom, due to the volatile chemicals in their bodies being mixed. The explosion is pretty powerful, and having fifty of them at you drives the point home quite well. The Predator grows these things and can have anywheres up to 1000 of them at a time. Even in death, the Predator is dangerous: many a time has it been killed, only to have the victors blown up by the 100's of scurrying bombs on legs running for their lives. Much of the creature's large brain is dedicated to making the telekinetic field used to move. Without that field, all it would do is hover. It's lift comes from organs much like swim bladders inside it's body filled with a gas similar to helium, but somewhat lighter than helium, giving it even more lift power.
EDIT: I FORGOT THE [censored] PICTURES AGAIN!
Top:

Front:

Bottom:

*NOTE: The needle guns on the bottom wouldn't texture for some reason XD*
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 04:19:47 pm by GroxGlitch »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2010, 07:15:44 pm »
At first I was like:  :o

And then I was like:  8)

There should really be more battles including the Zeront! They're such an interesting race!  :)

Though, yeah, the lack of texture makes it seem kinda off.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2010, 07:18:45 pm »
Hmm....
Uncanny semblence.
I got inspiration from one of those zerg breeds in SCII, I think it was called swarm guardian, and Phalanx from Shadow of the Colossus.
But I see the resemblance.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2010, 07:28:45 pm »
Indeed, and a very awesome resemblance, at that!  8)

Care to show tthe more massive Zeront phenotypes?  :)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2010, 07:52:26 pm »
Given I feel like writing, I'll go into the largest known Zeront strain. How's that sound :P
INDEPTH: THE IGNIS-CLASS HIVESHIP
The venerable Ignis. Saw the Zeront through the Great War against the Photos, and the Civil War that sparked afterwards. The titanic vessel is still in use today, constituting the bulk of the Zeront's military armada. An Ignis starts on a Spawn: a planet dedicated to the birthing of larger Zeront strains. The Ignis starts as a huge egg, about 100 feet in diameter. Over time, this grows into what looks like a towering bulb on the end of a long stalk. The bulb is the front of the ship; the bridge and those forward pieces you can't see, covered by the protective carapace plates. That stalk bulks out and grows as the heart and other organs, as well as the bio versions of vital components such as the reactor, grow. At 10 months, the actual ship is complete, and would be able to fly. However, it still needs to grow those armoured carapace plates. This takes a month and a half. After the plates are grow, the fleshy bit holding the now fully-grown Hiveship dissolves. Just as it gets loose enough to start to tip over, the engine fires, ripping away from the dissolving stalk and flying up into orbit. Once in orbit, the hiveship's brain instinctively kicks on and it becomes somewhat sentient. Every thing else before that point was all instinct and hormones. The crew, which boarded hours before "launch", take their places. The brain of the Hiveship stands in for the central computer network most ships have.
DID YOU KNOW: The overlapping pattern on the front carapace plates of the Hiveship aren't just for show! They can close up to protect the bridge from impact!
Across these spawning worlds, whole fields of Hiveships grow. From Regis to Ignis, all the hiveships grow this way. However, The Regis takes only 2 months, as apposed to the near year an Ignis takes.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2010, 03:11:01 am »
That...

... is so adorable!  : D

I'd hate to be standing on the tethers during the launch sequence, though.  ;)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2011, 03:40:53 pm »
Mutagens[/u]
If the Zeront launch an invasion against a planet, one of their first and most powerful attacks is to launch several hundred thousand pods containing mutagenic compounds in various forms. The most common is airborne, usually by spores; however, other forms can and have been used on occasion. This decimates, usually, between 40-60% of the planet's population, turning them into horrendous, mutated drones that are completely obedient to the partial hive mind used by the Zeront. If any survive the invasion, they are assimilated into the gene pool for use in genetic work. Even the Photos fell to this, during the Great War with the Zeront;
"Within hours, the entire place had been overrun; many of my friends and colleges had fallen either to the battle or to the spores; the lucky ones met the former fate. For the few of us that survived at least partially unscathed, I doubt most, if any of us at all, will survive the mental trauma, watching friends and loved ones either get torn apart or become one of them..."
-Photos scientist, Great War era.
Now that the Zeront are the "good guys", and have an alliance with the Photos, the Photos offer most of their soldiers a last ditch suicide option; a syringe of incredibly potent mutagenic compound. If they see they ain't gonna make it, they can inject themselves. It'll kill their upper brain function, effectively putting them out of their misery, but their body will mutate into this hulking, scythe-armed beast which is certain to tear apart most enemies; a final pleasant thought when going out.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2011, 08:50:12 am »
Heheh... Reminds me of how Orkz populate new worlds.  ;D

It'll kill their upper brain function, effectively putting them out of their misery, but their body will mutate into this hulking, scythe-armed beast which is certain to tear apart most enemies; a final pleasant thought when going out.

Totally.  8)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2011, 07:14:37 am »
I have a picture of said viral sporey thingy....yeah.....um...Anyway, I took about two hours making this in Blender.
It didn't work exactly as it should have, but whatever, it's still better than anything else I could make normally:

You may now proceed to grovel.  :P

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2011, 05:12:37 pm »
Man, that render is sweet!  8)

The atmosphere really accentuates that strange goo-like bio-ish consistency.