Author Topic: A Tale of Civilizations [Community game] (OOC)  (Read 57196 times)

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Ok, now I am rolling for who gets what tribe. Here are the rolls;

Green tribe: Dacmat (rolls 1-3) vs. Slarti (rolls 4-6)

Result: 1

Dacmat will play as the Green tribe!

Red tribe: Slarti (rolls 1-3) vs Martyk (rolls 4-6)

Result: 5

Martyk will play as the Red tribe!

Hydro will play as the Teal tribe!

Slarti will play as the Pink tribe!

I will now roll on some variables for the starting situations, and then I will start up the game thread and turn this into the OOC topic.

@davidramnero

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Yay! I am glad I got the Teal tribe! :D

Also i guess Dacmat and I share the same landmass while Martyk and Slarti  are on the other. Right?

Offline dacmat22

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile

Also i guess Dacmat and I share the same landmass while Martyk and Slarti  are on the other. Right?
seems like it now the quistion is are we freinds or foes. muhahahaha :D

click or the egg gets it

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4

seems like it now the quistion is are we freinds or foes. muhahahaha :D

Friends of course!  ;D We got to defend our landmass because its the best. :P The "cool" color tribes are better than the "warm" color tribes :P Also we got to trade royalty. ;)

Oh btw how big are these landmasses? I mean can they walk to other tribes or is it like thousands of miles away? Cuase it would kind of suck if say you had to walk from the distance of Italy to China just to make contact.

Offline dacmat22

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
well I think that its thousand of miles and that we will need to wait later on it the game before making any actual contact.

click or the egg gets it

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
This is not the whole planet, I would say the whole landmass is comparable to Great Britain, maybe a bit larger. There will be more landmass as you discover more.
@davidramnero

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
This is not the whole planet, I would say the whole landmass is comparable to Great Britain, maybe a bit larger. There will be more landmass as you discover more.
That means we should be able to cross those "oceans" in a canoe!  (Because they are in fact just inlets.)  It also makes us dangerously close together.  Fun, fun.

I was wondering if there would be NPCs to interact with and this almost certainly means yes.

Oh so the village will have more people than is posted here to start?
If we're at the start of the stone age, I'm guessing we'll have the same number of people as a hunter/gather group; which tends to be in the 30-50 people range.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
The starting number will be about 15, if the number would have been greater there would have had to be quite many buildings to begin with, and I want to begin with as little as possible. I will now start to send out the PMs with your info, right after I have started the game thread.
@davidramnero

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
Re: A Tale of Civilizations [Community game] (OOC)
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 09:28:09 am »
All starting PM's are out, feel free to start posting your pictures, naming your city, tribe and royals, posting commands etc. If you wonder why things such as tax is marked with an "-" it is because it is not available yet, with tax for example you would have to have a currency or at least have some type of barter system for taxes to exist. You can still introduce a law where every member of the tribe must give a certain amount of the food they gather or the tools they make to the royals.

Also remember that for the moment the royals are nothing more than normal members of the tribe with the exception that they are in charge, they help with hunting and such for the moment, and they live in the same houses as the others.

Let's get started :D
@davidramnero

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 12:53:45 pm »
Very creative way of posting Martyk, great work :D
@davidramnero

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 01:27:33 pm »
You have an alphabet and something to write on already?!  :o

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 01:32:58 pm »
Well at this point it would be just pretty pictures drawn in the mud with a stick.  Using advanced space age technology I have taken the liberty to interpret his archaic pictographs for the ease of the readers.  :P

Heck, it isn't even necessarily actually written anywhere right now.  I just posted it like I did so I could keep it in the first person because it's a fun character to play as.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2009, 01:35:07 pm »
I'm just messing with you, but oddly, I was planning a very similiar speech.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 02:36:25 pm »
The way you post in the thread we can asume that it is translated so that we can read it easily, it is not like their language at that time would be as depicted as english, so yea, Martyks way of writing is legit ;)

Slarti asked me if the population number includes or excludes royals, and I can say that it excludes royals, since they are counted as individualls.
@davidramnero

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2009, 04:17:01 pm »
What season are we in and do they have clothes? If so what are they made of? Animal skins, reeds?

Also whats the make up of the tribes? Like 50% male and 50% females? What about age? 50% Adults and 50% children? If so out of a population of 18 that would make 9 of each gender or around 4-5 of each group (Adult Males, Adult Females, Male Children and Female Children)?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 04:40:40 pm by Hydromancerx »