Author Topic: Journey into the Stars, Hell-an First Contact  (Read 11920 times)

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Journey into the Stars, Hell-an First Contact
« on: March 20, 2009, 01:12:08 pm »
   Master Engineer Kalm watched as the last sections of plating was welded into place on the ship they were contructing. This is the twelveth ship they made this year, he thought. The last three made it to space but had fuel leaks and they fell to the ground. They only found out when they looked through the wreck that was the last ship. This time, they made triple checks to make sure there were no leaks. They installed a fusion generator onboard the new ship, and a new engine to handle the vast amounts of power it can generate.
   He heard footsteps behind him and turned around to see the pliot and co-pliot for the new ship. He didn't know their names, but he didin't have to be a elder to see a look of adventure inside the pliots eyes. He silently prayed to the sky spirits that they live. "So this is the ship we'll be riding," It was a statement. "I like it, hope you built it right this time," The pliot said as looked over the ship. "Best we could do so far. Made it out of this new armor that can withstand space, and its light weight, I think it was called Duranium. Has a fusion power core, and the best engine we could contruct." Kalm said. "But will it survive the trip up? Thats the real question," The co-pliot said. "We're very sure. If you do make it up, you are to try to fly to the moon and back. We'll be watching from control," he said. "You better head get going, your ship is waiting."
=========================
Done with first part, these guys have been trying for a long time to get up into space.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 02:21:10 pm by Galactic-Warrior »

In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
Re: Journey into the Stars, Hell-an First Contact
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 01:43:53 pm »
((Good post!))

Recent transmissions from uncharted space had aroused the innate curiosity of the Milika.  However, this would only be their second first contact situation with an unidentified race.  Their first one had gone over well, even though the Vykusi, the race they contacted, did not wish further contact.

That incident, however, made it necessary for laws to be passed, and bureaus to be formed, and as such it was several months before the process even began to get underway.  As time went on, it became apparent that the race there was in the process of developing space flight.  If this was so, the need to contact them became urgent, for it would be disastrous if an enemy of the Milika contacted them first.  Due to recent rejection at a USSS conference, relations between them and the Milika Republic became rather cool.  So, the Milika were willing to jump into this blind. 

To protect themselves, a whole command ship was going to be sent, a massive 50 kilometer ship.  It was the Hukuopo, the same ship that arrived went to the GTC's first conference.  It got much larger, and the FTL drive was drastically improved.  Generally it was away from the Ju system, but it made a stop to pick up the necessary diplomats and the, hopefully unneeded, weapons. 

Assigned to the mission was newly assigned ambassador Liounogi.  While he was young, he was also capable.  He was determined to make this a success.  Also on board was joint captain of the Hukuopo and admiral to the entire Milika space fleet, name Poshinii. 

The ship then began to move using its dual engine structure, slowly at first, and eventually reached FTL speed, zipping through space to its destination. 
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 02:20:50 pm »
   Back on Tal'man, the twelveth starship was about to launch, Kalm was started the countdown. "Launching in, 10... 9... 8... 7... 6... (he hoped this would work) 5... 4... (he hoped to everything that this would work) 3... 2... (please work!) 1... LAUNCH!" There was a low rumble and smoke started blowing out of the engines then fire came out and the ship started flying up toward the heavens. It was a loud roar now, almost deafening. Kalm watched it, "Everything is going accord to plan," one of the lower engineers said from his console near him. The ship was out of sight and all he could see was a giant piller of white smoke. I wonder if he will make it, he thought.
   In the ship, named the Sky Breaker. It felt like a major earthquake that was pushing him down, but La'kar didn't care, he loved it. So this is what it feels like, he thought. He looked out one of the nearby portholes. The sight was beautiful. The planet was dropping away from them and he could see hundreds of miles of land. It was glorious. He looked back at the windshield. He was amazed, it was all blackness with small white dots that were stars. To his right, he saw the moon that was their target. "Control, we have reached orbit," said the co-pliot.
   A cheer rose up from all across the control room. We finally reached orbit, thought Kalm. We finally reached orbit, thought Kalm. He couldn't belive it, the Sky Breaker had achived low orbit! This was the first time in all of Hell-an history, a Hell-an made vessel has made it into orbit in one piece! Now, if it could make it to the moon and back, they would be able to build ships of the same type and be able to finally move foward with the space program. 
La'kar flipped several buttons and switches while the co-pliot did the same. "All systems checked out. Showing green, Control. Fusion generator is online and starting to power up," said the co-pliot. "Engines are online and firing! Next stop, the moon!" La'kar watched as the planet started to drop away again and then turned and looked at the moon that was right in front of them.

==========================
There, I changed it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 09:26:39 pm by Galactic-Warrior »
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 09:12:14 pm »
((Let me get this straight: They have just gone to their moon and if they put all power to their engines they go faster than light? Learn some physics, for pete's sake! My god!))
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 09:34:48 pm by UFO King »
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 09:13:54 pm »
No... you do not exceed light's speed with normal engines for one.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 09:22:37 pm »
((*bangs his head on a wall, muttering* Stupid, stupid stupid...  what about a much faster sub-light speed, or is that not in the physics? Forget it, I changed my last post.))
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 09:27:13 pm by Galactic-Warrior »

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 09:23:28 pm »
((Going 34 parsecs at sub-light speed would take a very long time, as well.))

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 10:00:18 am »
The Hukuopo began its entry into the unknown system.  It began the entry be switching off one engine and then the other.  It then made a scan of the system, to determine the location of the signal.  Once it was determined, one of the engines rumbled on, while the other was kept off.  It made a slow approach towards the planet.  They had no wish to startle the inhabitants, so they began to transmit messages of peace towards the planet as it approached.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 10:33:30 am »
   The Sky Breaker was a day into their flight when a light went off. "More messages from home?" asked the co-pliot. La'kar opened the messages inbox folder and looked at the only message in it. He swore that one of his hearts skipped a beat. "What is it?" asked the co-pliot "Please tell me this is a prank..." said La'kar in a deathly tone. The co-pliot switched to auto-pliot and looked at the message. He pressed a number of buttons and opened a radio link to Control. "Control here, what it is?" "Control, mind taking a look at this." He flipped a switch and fowarded the message to him.
   Kalm looked at the message. "Sir, do... do you think its really..." Asked one of the minor engineers. "I don't know..." He said. The radio crackled again, "Control, should we call off the mission?" asked La'kar. "No. We'll look into this. Control out."
   La'kar turned to look at the co-pliot. "Well, you heard him." he said as he turned off the auto-pliot. La'kar wasn't so sure it was a prank.

==================
There, like it? ;D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 10:47:20 am by Galactic-Warrior »

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 11:06:49 am »
The Hukuopo began its entry into the unknown system.  It began the entry be switching off one engine and then the other.  It then made a scan of the system, to determine the location of the signal.  Once it was determined, one of the engines rumbled on, while the other was kept off.  It made a slow approach towards the planet.  They had no wish to startle the inhabitants, so they began to transmit messages of peace towards the planet as it approached.
((Waiting.))

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 11:22:13 am »
The hulking ship that was the Hukuopo continued through the system, and then stopped just outside the orbit of the inhabited planet.  The main message of its transmissions changed from peaceful intentions to that of greeting.  It moved closer, and finally entered orbit around the planet.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 11:36:22 am »
La'kar was filled with dread, a huge alien UFO was in orbit around Tal'man. "My god..." Was all the co-pliot could say. La'kar quickly opened a radio link to control, hoping the aliens weren't picking it up. "Control, there is a HUGE alien ship in orbit!" La'kar said into the radio. "Control here, we see and already told the Lightning Wielders and Blade Clans. Whats your status?" Yelled Kalm over the radio. "We're half-way to the moon and I'm currently thinking about turning back before the aliens find us." Said La'kar. "Fine, do it. But I don't think you'll make it. Control out." The radio started spitting out static. The co-pliot and La'kar just stared. "Well, you heard him! Get this bucket of bolts turned around!" La'kar yelled at him. The co-pliot started turning around the Sky Breaker around back toward Tal'man and the alien ship. La'kar started turning the onboard laser cannons which supposed to be used on any space debris that might threaten the ship. Slowly, the Sky Breaker headed back toward home to, if needed, defend their birthworld.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 12:07:00 pm »
((Does he forget things? Becuase it seems like it :-\))

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 02:04:35 pm »
((Besides, it's not going to be constant back and forth))

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 08:08:23 pm »
((Besides, it's not going to be constant back and forth))
((Sorry, its just so fun! :) Y'know, I'm gonna post whats happening on the planet.))