Author Topic: The Hell-an.  (Read 28206 times)

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Hell-an.
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 08:01:21 pm »
If the rod was struck by lightning, it would not kill those that did not get struck by it. Sure, it would charge the air with unstable electrons and make everything static-y(as in, make your hair stand up and such), but no, I'm pretty certain that it would definitely not kill those next to it. A lightning strike will only kill the person struck by it unless the said person was wearing some sort of electricity-nullifying gear. However, a "lightning gun" is technically entirely possible. Ever heard of the Tesla Coil? :)
Nikola Tesla FTW! ;D
Yes, I've heard of a Tesla Coil in C&C Red Alert 2!  ;D And for the warriors getting struck by the lightning rod, they had iron swords and bits of metal on their outfits.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 08:03:13 pm by Galactic-Warrior »
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 08:49:58 pm »
If the rod was struck by lightning, it would not kill those that did not get struck by it. Sure, it would charge the air with unstable electrons and make everything static-y(as in, make your hair stand up and such), but no, I'm pretty certain that it would definitely not kill those next to it. A lightning strike will only kill the person struck by it unless the said person was wearing some sort of electricity-nullifying gear. However, a "lightning gun" is technically entirely possible. Ever heard of the Tesla Coil? :)
Nikola Tesla FTW! ;D
Yes, I've heard of a Tesla Coil in C&C Red Alert 2!  ;D And for the warriors getting struck by the lightning rod, they had iron swords and bits of metal on their outfits.
Hmm. I suppose that would work. Although I'm not sure whether it would kill them, or just burn them.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 08:54:17 pm »
Nikola Tesla FTW! ;D
Hmm. I suppose that would work. Although I'm not sure whether it would kill them, or just burn them.
-_- *thinks* They're in the middle of a storm, its rainning hard and they're soaked. Wouldn't that kill them?
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 08:56:33 pm »
Ohhhhh yeahhh...I forgot about the storm for a minute there. ;D Yeah, it would kill them. No doubt.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 01:15:19 pm »
Ohhhhh yeahhh...I forgot about the storm for a minute there. ;D Yeah, it would kill them. No doubt.
Ha ha!  ;D

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 04:29:06 pm »
Galactic-Warrior, I would love to do some pictures for you if you want, now that my biggest school project is finished, I have nothing BUT thime!
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 06:44:30 pm »
Galactic-Warrior, I would love to do some pictures for you if you want, now that my biggest school project is finished, I have nothing BUT thime!
Lol, thanks man.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 07:44:37 pm »

Alien sheet:  Hell-an

(Section 1 -- Biology)
Type                 : Mammal
Appearance           : Slightly Hunch-backed
Gravity preferences  : Standard
Temperature pref.    : Warm
Atmosphere breathed  : Nitrogen/Oxygen
Body cover           : Hard, rough skin
Body color           : Dark Scarlet
Hair                 : No hair
Hair color           : No hair
Eyes                 : Two eyes
Eyes color           : Mainly black
Body characteristics : Clawed hands with two small blades between the middle knuckles
Diet                   : Carnivore
Sexual reproduction  : Two genders, male and female
Reproduction method  : Live birth
Limbs pair n 1 : Two arms
Limbs pair n 2 : Two legs
Mass : Male: Around 750 lb. Female: Around 700 lb.
Size : Male: 7 to 8 ft. Female: Around 6 ft.

(Section 2 -- Culture)
Attributes:
  Militancy       : 16
  Determination   : 14
  Racial tolerance: 10
  Progressivness  : 9
  Loyalty         : 17
  Social cohesion : 15
  Art             : 10
  Individualism   : 7
  Body            : 15
  Mind            : 12
  Speed           : 13
  Lifespan        : Male: 125 years, Female: 120
  Tech level      : Pre-space age

(Section 3 -- Government and Religion)
Government type   : High Clans
Religion          : Belives in spirits that watch over them
Devotion          : High

(Section 4 -- Extra things you should know)
Special abilities: Can jump higher and can learn more quickly than a human
 -Values Below

==================================
(Section 1 Variables)
Type                 : Terrestrial

Appearance            : Humanoid

Body cover            : Thick-skinned

Hair                 : None

Eyes                 : Two, Round Pupil

Body characteristics :  Fangs, Claws

(Section 2 Variables)
  Tech level       : 5

(Section 3 Variables)
Government type    : Tribalism

Religion           : Elementism

(Section 4 Variables)
Special Abllities: Acute Hearing, Acute Smelling, Pilot, Combat, Microscopic Sense, Racial memory, Toughness

OK, done with my race's stats, like it?  :-\

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2009, 09:21:19 pm »
Lookin' good. :)
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 09:56:57 pm »
Lookin' good. :)
Currently working on system and homeworld.  ;D

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2009, 10:13:09 pm »
  OK, heres the stats for planet Tal'man, the Hell-an homeworld or "birthworld" as they call it... -_ -

(Section 1 -- System)
Star: Mag'thar
Star Type: Medium, yellow
Planet #1: Name: Mar'car, small, volcanic world, no biosphere, rich in many metals, no moons
Planet #2: Name: Lar'car, small, cooler than first planet, barren rock, no biosphere, rare crystals under surface, no moons
Planet #3: Name: Tar'kin, about the size of Mars, hot jungle world, rich biosphere, not many carnivores, many herbivores, rich, hunting grounds, very fertle soil, one moon
Planet #4: Name: Tal'man, Hell'an homeworld, slightly larger than Earth, grasslands, semi-rich biosphere, not many large plant life, rich in iron, steel, titanium, gold, and many other metals, few hills and plateaus, future capital world of Hell-An Empire, one moon
Planet #5 Name: Ga'lar, gas giant, no breathable layers of atmosphere, no biosphere, rich in helium and methane, many moons
Planet #6 Name: Mag'lar, large, no biosphere, medium sized mineral diposits, two moons

(Section 2 -- Terrain and Atmosphere)
Size: slightly larger than Earth
Gravity: 2 g
Average Temperature: mild, cool
Liquid: small to large lakes of fresh water
Land-Liquid Ratio: %91 land, 8% water
Average Terrain: mainly grass lands, small custers of hills and plateaus
Continents: one major land-mass, like Pangaea
Density: average
Composition: Nitrogen/Oxygen
Length of Day: 30 Terran hours
Length of Year: 435 Terran days

(Section 3 -- Life)
Main Species: Hell-an, native to world
Native Animals: Few species, but many of each, 54% herbivore, 46% carnivore, simple
Imported Animals: None
Native Plants: Think WoW Nagrand-style plants, but less of 'em, simple
Imported Plants: None

(Section 4 -- Development)
Structures: few advance civilization stage buildings, many tribal villages
% Urban: 20%
Spaceports: None, closest to it is a landing zone in the Foundry Clan city, Heaven's Gate
Imports: starship-grade technology
Exports: tasty spice-covered meat, metal
Capital: More like a meeting area, the Stone Circle of Elders

=======
Well, thats the systems stats, like it?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 04:08:44 pm by Galactic-Warrior »

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2009, 11:33:27 pm »
   Yes, the Hell-an have a military stucture too, what did you expect?

The Blade Clan have what seems to be ranks. Heres the ranks of the Blade Clan.

Axeling - a private, comes in as a Axeling squad. Usually about 5 or 6 per squad.
Axeling Shaman - a squad sargent, commands a Axeling squad.
Messager - basicly several squad's tactical informer or platoon leader.
High Messagers - informs messagers of what to tell their squads to do, a battalion commander.
Commanders - commands any and all battalions under his command.
General - commands any and all commanders under his command.
Warlord - second to highest rank in the Blade clan.
Clan Chief - Highest rank, the Blade Clan chief and leader of everything in his clan. Only the wisest may be the leader of all the Blade Clan. The current Chief's name is La'kund.
Champion - Not really a rank, those that are this are what Hell-an call "Gods of War". They live up to their name. No two Champions look alike, some may look like Axelings. So beware... (This appiles also to the Lightning Wielders Clan)

===================
These are the things a Axeling squad usually have.

Scorpion Assault Robot - This is a strange robot, when the Foundry Clan made the first one, it came to life. They say a Spirit of Nature possoses this machine. It might be true, for it acts like a animal companion. For the Axeling squads that have one of these robots, it acts like a morale booster. It does look like a Earth scorpion, only itstead of pincers it has drills for digging burrowing. On it tail, it has a single shot laser. It is heavily armored so if you face this you have two options: #1 find the nearest bunker or building and hope it doesn't find you. #2 Find a rocket launcher.

Strengthed Iron Axe - All Axeling squads have this weapon, its a killer in the right hands and all Axelings have been trained 'till they drop to use this weapon.

Heavy Iron Battle Armor - With so much iron being mined, the Hell-an have been useing this as a battle armor. Harder than it looks.

Heavy Iron Shield - This has been used since the Hell-an invented it. Its been upgraded with heavier armor and a screen on the inside so the Axeling knows where hes going. Harder than the battle armor.

Axeling Shaman Healing Staff - Besides from commanding the squad, the shaman acts as a medic, calling upon his mentle powers to heal the wounded. A shaman that has this staff usually means that he is psychic.

============
Updated, with Axeling squad war gear and yes, they can carry very heavy stuff. The war gear,(not incuding the Scorpion) they can carry without much problem. They may look worthless on the intergalactic battlefield, but these guys can pretty much hold their own very well.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 05:47:19 pm by Galactic-Warrior »

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2009, 11:23:44 am »
Very nice! I like it! :) So what age are they in currently? Modern Age? Nano Age? Biotech Age? (To see what I'm talking about, see the Naucean thread.)

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 11:30:41 am »
The stuff with the Scorpion bot and the shaman healing staff kind of borders on magic IMO. The thing with the scorpion bot could be a myth of legend of some kind though.

Also, these guys sound like a race with druidic leanings which were a pre-electronic tech civilization before they got into contact with some space faring race. Possibly equivalent to the 1700's.

A quick question for you guys in general (and if you don't mind me asking in this thread), does the USSSS or whatever 'Federation' that exists at this time, have a policy of not exposing pre-spaceflight civilizations to first contact? Like what Star Trek has.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2009, 11:35:07 am »
The stuff with the Scorpion bot and the shaman healing staff kind of borders on magic IMO. The thing with the scorpion bot could be a myth of legend of some kind though.

Also, these guys sound like a race with druidic leanings which were a pre-electronic tech civilization before they got into contact with some space faring race. Possibly equivalent to the 1700's.

A quick question for you guys in general (and if you don't mind me asking in this thread), does the USSS or whatever 'Federation' that exists at this time, have a policy of not exposing pre-spaceflight civilizations to first contact? Like what Star Trek has.
The USSS is merely a regional organization. There currently is no "Federation" that encompasses the whole galaxy. Although we might be expanding, if we gain enough member races.
So, to answer your question, no. There are no policies of that kind. If a pre-spaceflight civilization is discovered, though, the situation will be evaluated and experts will determine whether or not the civilization should be exposed to first contact.