Author Topic: The Hell-an.  (Read 28941 times)

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
The Hell-an.
« on: March 17, 2009, 07:45:56 pm »

The Hell-An are a clan-based, warrior race with a strong sense of honor. They live on the world of Tal'man, which in their language means "Birthland of Warriors". They also have a strong sense of right and wrong, meaning they know slavery is... as they call it, "One of the most dishonorable things one can do". Warriors are looked up to in their community as the most honorable postion, but taking roles as teachers and workers are also honorable roles and those that are take pride in what they do. Currently, the clans on Tal'man are the Blade Clan, the Lightning Wielders Clan, the Foundry Clan, and more recently, the Sky Clan with several other clans. The Blade and Lightning Wielders clans are the main warrior clans while the Foundry Clan are the builders and researchers, and the Sky Clan, after aircraft were invented was the pliots and later, after they achive space-flight, commanded the space fleets of their race. The Blade Clan's warriors used only melee weapons, while the Lightning Wielders Clan used ranged lightning, and later energy weapons and had only a combat knife for defenese, they also use armored vehicles.   

Hell-An Starship Classes - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=15832.msg705618#msg705618

Hell-An Home System Info - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=15832.msg684202#msg684202

Hell-An Race Info - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=15832.msg684181#msg684181

Hell-An Emblems - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=15832.msg696105#msg696105

Hell-An Lightning Clan Hand-Held Weapons - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=15832.msg698293#msg698293

Hell-An Titan - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=15832.msg706148#msg706148

Hell-An Locust - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=15832.msg702843#msg702843

Hell-An Stinger & Crawler - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=15832.msg709603#msg709603
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 09:24:34 am by Galactic-Warrior »

In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: The Hell-an.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 07:48:03 pm »
Can someone tell me how to post a pic on this? I don't know how... :(
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 08:07:13 pm »
Allright. Go to either Photobucket or Imageshack (both are free, but you need to sign up for photobucket. I prefer it, though, because you can keep all your pictures in one place.)

Once at the site of your choice, there should be a button to "upload", "download", or "host" and image from your computer. Click it, select your picture, and wait for it to load.

Once that is done, there should be a text field (To your right in Imageshack, below the picture icon in Photobucket.) containing the "image url." It sould be a big, long adress, starting with http://. Highlight this and copy it.

Come here, start new post (or modify/edit an existing one) and paste. Highlight what you've just pasted, then click the "insert image" button (to the left of the one with the earth on it) and you're done!

It's easier than it sounds.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 09:12:17 pm »
It looks like we have a newbie who actually uses proper spelling and grammar! Finally! The only thing that bothers me is the "Boomstick Clan." Are you really serious? Otherwise, it's pretty good. I'm looking forward to more.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 09:33:28 am »
Can the USSS discover them? ;D

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 11:36:22 am »
It looks like we have a newbie who actually uses proper spelling and grammar! Finally! The only thing that bothers me is the "Boomstick Clan." Are you really serious? Otherwise, it's pretty good. I'm looking forward to more.
What other name should I use for them?

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 11:36:54 am »

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 11:47:25 am »
USSS? ???
First of all, do you see that modify button up there in the upper right corner of the post? Use that instead of double posting. People don't really like it when you double post. It's perfectly fine to be a noob, I was a noob once. :) Secondly, go to the Spore: Roleplaying and Story Games section. There's a thread called The United Society of Star Systems. Click on it and read it. And as for the "Boomstick Clan", what gave them that name? Do they use guns often? Or maybe cannons? Perhaps you could come up with a more creative and ideal name, like..."Thundershot Clan" or something.
EDIT: Don't vote on the poll in the USSS topic. It means members of the USSS only, not members of the message board only. Just in case you misunderstood.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 11:49:32 am by omegatripod »

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 12:03:45 pm »
USSS? ???
First of all, do you see that modify button up there in the upper right corner of the post? Use that instead of double posting. People don't really like it when you double post. It's perfectly fine to be a noob, I was a noob once. :) Secondly, go to the Spore: Roleplaying and Story Games section. There's a thread called The United Society of Star Systems. Click on it and read it. And as for the "Boomstick Clan", what gave them that name? Do they use guns often? Or maybe cannons? Perhaps you could come up with a more creative and ideal name, like..."Thundershot Clan" or something.
EDIT: Don't vote on the poll in the USSS topic. It means members of the USSS only, not members of the message board only. Just in case you misunderstood.
OK, and for the... rifle useing clan, I guess Thundershot Clan will do.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 01:22:29 pm »
I feel nostalgic for the days where a person's creature was his creature.
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 01:29:01 pm »
I have a "out of the box" idea, why not instead of making their first gun powder weapon, make a lightning weapon? You know, like a Hell-an shaman had a metal rod with a lightning-resistant leather hand-grip was in the middle of a tribal battle and was surrounded by enemy warriors about to kill him and they were also in the middle of a lightning storm and the rod got struck by lightning and shocked all the enemy warriors around him, killing them. Then they started useing the rods in the middle of storms to battle their enemies and then when they had civilization stage weapons, they had perfected a lightning gun.
I feel nostalgic for the days where a person's creature was his creature.
Skyward, what do you mean?

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 01:31:07 pm »
Recently, if some one sees a small detail about some ones creature that they aren't fond of, they tell them to change it.
the "boomstick clan" thing is one example.
It used to be different...

Either way, i look forward to more, ya know, some pics maybe ;)
EDIT: and welcome to the forums!
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline madis

• Rigel Rescuer
  • The cousin of Tiberium.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 01:37:32 pm »
I have a "out of the box" idea, why not instead of making their first gun powder weapon, make a lightning weapon? You know, like a Hell-an shaman had a metal rod with a lightning-resistant leather hand-grip was in the middle of a tribal battle and was surrounded by enemy warriors about to kill him and they were also in the middle of a lightning storm and the rod got struck by lightning and shocked all the enemy warriors around him, killing them. Then they started useing the rods in the middle of storms to battle their enemies and then when they had civilization stage weapons, they had perfected a lightning gun.
That would make an awesome picture! But, what do the Hell-an look like?

Click on the picture.
Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 02:15:51 pm »
If the rod was struck by lightning, it would not kill those that did not get struck by it. Sure, it would charge the air with unstable electrons and make everything static-y(as in, make your hair stand up and such), but no, I'm pretty certain that it would definitely not kill those next to it. A lightning strike will only kill the person struck by it unless the said person was wearing some sort of electricity-nullifying gear. However, a "lightning gun" is technically entirely possible. Ever heard of the Tesla Coil? :)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 03:21:16 pm »
Nikola Tesla FTW! ;D
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.