Author Topic: Volunteers of America: A War RP  (Read 6836 times)

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
Re: Volunteers of America: A War RP
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2009, 05:51:04 pm »
Jacob looked at Ian.

"Naw, we couldn't go through there. Last report from Washington said quote unquote 'Even the jungles of Nigeria and Cameroon, which  surround and border NA, are swarming with enemy agents and paramilitary forces.' And I'm sure all of you know about the damn DMZ minefields and SAM arrays that stretch from Nigeria to Puerto Muerto. No, the only sensible way, at least by CO's reckoning, is to go up the river, it's got the only opening in the DMZ where we can cross..."

He grabbed the map and put it back in his ammo case.

"Oh" said Jacob "And as to the goal of the mission, they didn't give me one. But frankly, I'm thinking that it's about getting Martin Brasbane out of NA, dead or alive."

He looked around at the men.

"Now I'm sure all of you know who Martin Brasbane is don't you?"
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2009, 06:15:11 pm »
Curtis fishes out a pack of cigrettes and draws one of the nicotine cylinders. He light the cigarettes, his hands shaking slightly. If anyone was looking closely, they would've noticed Curtis paling. Five hundred kliks through a jungle filled with Chuckers?

He gently takes the cigarette out of his mouth, exhaling a small haze of smoke as he says, "I assume he's important enough to get us all killed. That's the main point, anything else is moot. I don't know if I'm in."
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2009, 06:39:29 pm »
"Order are orders." Randall said "We all committed to that when we signed on."

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2009, 07:11:11 am »
"Exactly right" said Jacob "We couldn't back out of this even if we wanted to. It's either this mission or a court marshal and maybe even a firing squad."

He stood up, slinging his stuff back over his shoulders.

"C'mon, help me get the boat loaded up. We leave for up river at dawn."
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2009, 01:34:27 pm »
Curtis sighs, then goes and grabs his rifle. He goes and stand next to his captain.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2009, 03:24:40 pm »
Brian followed the Captain, and looked at the other soldiers. I didn't sign up to be killed in the middle of nowhere on a god-forsaken continent that no one cared about until recently just because some Communists thought they could expand their reach...

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2009, 03:27:42 pm »
Randall put the pad of paper into his pack and threw it over his back. He picked up his rifle and followed the others.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2009, 05:49:42 am »
Mattheus did one final check on all his medical supplies before quickly following suit.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2009, 09:38:02 am »
Ash had walked into some bloody furballs before, but at least he usually knew why. 
Even odder, this Captain Rosenwein seemed nothing like the one he'd heard of - great leader of men - this man was more like an out of sorts bar patron one would watch waiting for them to hurt themselves.
As NCO it was Ash's duty to maintain morale and protect enlisted men from their officers and vise-versa.  This strange mood of a doomed funeral procession had to be lifted before things got out of had.  There would be plenty of Chuckers shooting at him later, he didn't need the added concern of any of these men.

Ash stepped in front of the exiting Captain, mostly to make sure to get his attention, but also to get close enough to smell any liquor that might be on his breath.
"Sir, who exactly is Martin Brasbane?"

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2009, 03:41:57 pm »
Jacob looked back at him, astonished that they had never heard of the man before. As piled box after box worth of supplies he began to speak in a low, hushed tone.

"Military target number one, that's what." said Jacob "He was once a reporter for NBC, one of the best ones they had. He did a story once on miltary corruption going on during the Korean War, about how some backwater army officers were kidnapping a bunch of young peasant girls and shipping them back to the US to be used as sex slaves. The guy won the Pulitzer Prize for that one. Did a number of other stories too. I read one once, very well put together and very convincing in what it had to say. Anyway, in 64' he was selected to be NBC's war correspondent in Altomesa, reporting on the war and giving the guys back in the states a heads up to what was going down here. At least that's what NBC's plan was. In the end though, just a couple months in, him and a group of about seven others were kidnapped by Communist Sympathizers in Cantar Conejo. Most thought that the Commie's had simply killed him but several months later some strange new propaganda was being sent in from over the border.

I read some of it and damn, that stuff was like ten shots of straight whiskey. Hell, it nearly turned me Red for a while till I got my mind straightened out by the upper brass. But man, give that stuff to any SA and their liable to pick up any old gun laying around a fill you full of lead. Anyway, some top brass checked it against some writings Martin had done and apparently they were remarkably similar in both their pose and potency. So the brass, putting two and two together figured Martin must have turned or was coerced or something into doing propaganda for the Reds. Several more 'personal' pieces after that confirmed their suspicions and since then they've been trying to find and kill the bastard. It's not on the official army and air force records or anything, but I've heard rumors they've sent over twenty special teams to kill this guy and one of them came back alive. So I'm thinking here were the next guys on the train. Morbid I know, but we got something that those teams haven't got..."

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2009, 06:33:57 pm »
Curtis grimaces, "Great. I don't read much, so I've never heard of him, but he's basically a propoganda machine? And we're heading into certain death to stop him?"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 09:32:41 pm by Little »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2009, 07:42:20 pm »
"That about sums it up, I guess.", Mattheus replied loading up several boxes of rations. "Maybe they sent us to do the job so they won't arouse too much suspicion with this whole deal. After all, if they keep sending all those SFs for just one man, it really won't look that reassuring to the public if those commies manage to make him global."

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2009, 09:17:53 pm »
"Please tell me that the something we got that the other teams got not is something of actuall use, not some weak motiviational placebo like the 'power of freedom'." Ian called out as he followed the squad.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2009, 07:13:00 am »
"The power of freedom?" said Jacob. He chuckled a little bit at the idiocy of the statement.

"Believe me soldier, we got a lot more than just a couple of patriots on this boat. Come on over and see what the good ol' CIA sent us."

He immediately went over and brought out a rather largish steel crate stamped with the red letters "CIA". Undoing the large metal latches that held the lid down, he motioned for everyone to come over of which they mostly obliged.

"Those damn Chunkers may have the jungle and the element of surprise, but we get the means to mow all that down."

He reached into the crate with both hands and pulled out the gun. He staggered a bit under his weight before finding his footing again. It was a whooper, being nearly six feet long and having a rotating barrel.

"This thing my friends is a M61 Vulcan. It came straight off of some military aircraft somewhere and it's got a fire rate around 6,000 rounds per minute."

He looked around at his compatriots, trying to locate some feelings of surprise or emotion on their faces.

"Let's see how well those Reds fight under a ****ing curtain of lead." 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 03:56:51 pm by Andrew Ryan »

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2009, 12:07:09 pm »
Curtis stares at the nuke, wide-eyed.

"Um, sir...That's a nuclear device, right?"