Author Topic: Volunteers of America: A War RP  (Read 6849 times)

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
Re: Volunteers of America: A War RP
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 10:45:49 pm »
Curtis smiles, "I'm demolition, too. If you have a whiskey habit, save the bottles."

He chuckles, "Kidding, kidding."
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 11:05:40 pm »
"Sure thing.", Matt replied with a slight chuckle.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 01:50:47 am »
The door, leading to the dock, opened and a tall, stout walking arsenal entered the shack.  The man-shaped ammo dump was in well worn bloodstained fatigues; the faded stains no longer red but just extra splashes of brown camo.  He was just finishing up wiping gun oil off his hands with an old towel, when he noticed the Captain and snapped to attention and saluted.

"Sergeant Turnbull reporting, Sir!  I dutifully inform you that all four 50 cals on the patrol boat are now fully serviceable, Sir."

Ash took the moments waiting for the Captain to acknowledge him to appraise the others in the shack.  Ash had heard of the Captain through reputation, so he figured he was solid.  The rest struck him as misfits, a FNG, and a REMF who seemed to be taking notes.  Ash could tell this was going to be a long one.

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 07:09:29 am »
"At ease, sergeant." replied Jacob.

He gave the men around him one last glance. Then he began to speak.

"Ok, how many of you men have ever actually been into North Altomesa, for combat or otherwise?"
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 12:18:40 pm »
Randall looked up and waited for someone to answer but nobody did. He raised his hand slightly and spoke.

"Nah sir, never been there."

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 02:15:00 pm »
Ash had been taken aback by the question for a second.  It wasn't so much the question itself, but the subtle tone with which the Captain asked it.  It would have been more fitting attached to 'Have you ever returned from the grave?,' rather than the current query. 

The sound of the Lieutenant voice snapped him back to matter at hand.

"I've legged it through the southern parts on reconnaissance patrols and seen action in air calvary operations throughout, but that was all before they stabilized the DMZ, that's supposed to be imitating a border, last year, sir."

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 02:56:57 pm »
Brian looked at some of the other faces, interpreting that what the Captain was alluding to was like walking into Hell, guns blazing. He figured he'd just get out what he had to and slightly raised his hand as he spoke, " I haven't seen any combat, sir. Private Westbane, SDM... greenhorn... " Hopefully he won't be annoyed that he got a greenhorn for his squad's SDM... I don't want to already be on the Captain's bad side.

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 03:43:03 pm »
"Well, besides Mr. Turnbull and Mr. Westbane here, I'm guessing that all your silence means 'hell no', am I correct?"

The room continued in it's silence.

"Ok then" he said, pulling up the ammo box onto the table "Let's start with some simple information."

He rummaged around in the box for about a minute before pulling out a map.

He pointed his finger at top of the blue line and traced it all the way back to Cantar Conejo.

"This is the river Verde Oscuro." he said, looking up at his men "It's the river we'll be taking into North Altomesa. Now, I haven't been given where were going or what we'll be doing from the higher up's, but they did give me a distance to the destination. It's about 500 klicks, as the crow flies."

He stretched out his fingers, trying to pin down about how much 500 klicks would be on the map's scale. After pinning the correct length he put his thumb down on Cantar Conjeo and twirled his hands in an arc. His thumb reached all the way to Santa Felipe and beyond, even into the borders of southern Cameroon.

"Well, that leave's just about all of NA..." he said silently. A feeling of dread began to creep over him.

All of North Altomesa!?! All of it?!?! No ****ing way in hell, they can't be that insane... No ****ing way in hell, they just can't...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 04:54:40 pm by Andrew Ryan »
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 04:28:43 pm »
Curtis stops in the act of taking out his lighter. His cigrette drops to the ground, and his boot automatically crushes it.

"Wait, what?"
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2009, 04:59:04 pm »
"Hrm..." Randall mumbled, standing up and walking over to the Captain "Five hundred clicks?"

He reached into a small pouch on his belt and removed a compass. After peering at the map for a moment. Randall calibrated the small measuring tool and verified the Captain's measurement. A long sigh escaped from his lips and he returned to his seat.

"Okay." Randall said "Five hundred clicks. Anything more?"

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2009, 05:12:27 pm »
"Yeah" said Jacob "CO's said we got no fire support, no reinforcements whatsoever after we leave SA, no info on enemy troop movements, no weather reports, no method of extraction save the way we came in, no nothing."

He leaned back a bit and let his left arm fall limply behind the chair. He seamed to be in deep contemplation for a while, trying to figure out how he was going to pull this off.

"Hell" he said under his breath "They didn't even give me crack team of marines like I wanted too, just a bunch of ****ing newbie's..."

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2009, 05:28:08 pm »
Brian shrugged over at his table, " It's simple, they don't expect us to come back in anything but body bags. Suicide mission. Probably didn't want to waste their best men. " He wiped a smudge off his gun, and checked its scope to make sure it was clear.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2009, 05:35:44 pm »
"Sir, what is the mission's objective?"  Ash said wondering if there was in fact an objective.  The idea of traveling all the way to Cameroon, being shot at by every Chucker along the way, just to have a circle jerk really didn't appeal to him.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2009, 05:37:03 pm »
"Indeed..." Randall said in agreement.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2009, 05:39:42 pm »
"My thoughts exactly." said Ian in response to Brian's comment about it being a suicide mission, turning around in his chair.  "Hell, our entry plan alone will probably get us killed.  That river is one of the main waterways in and out of the country.  Do we seriously think that they'll just let us casualy paddle by in our war canoe?  Besides, with our target 500 klicks away, wouldn't it just be easier and faster to insert us fron Nigeria or Cameroon.  Last I heard they were still cooperating with us, or at least not shooting at us on sight."
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net