Author Topic: New Spore APIs  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Behold! The fanhorn from the planet Snaiad.
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
New Spore APIs
« on: February 25, 2009, 06:32:01 pm »
http://www.spore.com/comm/developer/gallery

The "Aquarium" and "Creature Battle!" was fun. "Sven's Creations", is quite useful, but the average rating I got was a bunch of crap. Since I am not a popular creator like Parkaboy, I bet 95% of those downrates were from stupid troublemakers who like downrating stuff to get people mad, even though the effected creatures I felt I put effort into.

But that aside, these APIs are pretty cool.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 06:50:11 pm by Ichthyostega »

Ichthyostega

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: New Spore APIs
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 06:58:02 pm »
Heh, I might make a Pokemon-ish thing where you pick 12 creatures, 6 for each side and you can fight them using their stats or something.

And yeah, I noticed I have a -1 on most of my previously unrated creatures. Like if someone took their time just to rate every single one down.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 07:03:17 pm by DarkDragon »
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Spore-addict

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 03:14:07 am »
HA HA, unpopular creatures are famous too.

Have the mugato creature that was number 7 in a star trek competition in the early days of spore and it was really not much. People downrated because they hated that my creature was in the competition....and not theirs...lol.

Still like it though.

Mugato was a white gorilla style ape that fought capt. kirk in the old series...total funny.
Master Raytracer Spore-addict = KarmaCowboy

See you out there, feel free to comment my creatures.

Offline MaxisEditorDan

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
    • SPORE Profile Page
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 11:06:00 am »
Hey guys,

If you're interested in making an app for our API contest and have any questions, please check out the official "Spore API" forum, where MaxisDangerousYams, MaxisMichael, and myself check regularly. 

The forum is located here.  We're excited to see what you guys can come up with!

-MaxisEditorDan

Offline MelvinSchmidt

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 12:30:46 pm »
I like this feature so much. And if you need something new to discover, click for info and also there are a lot of the topics which are perfectly covered. Good luck!