Author Topic: Battlefield: Bad Company 2  (Read 13555 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2010, 06:34:49 am »
Thanks!

Yeah the land combat was what got me, too. Wasn't feeling it...

Oh and maybe I'll get to play Bad Company 2 some time this weekend! :D

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2010, 11:51:25 pm »
Just wondering, what is bad company actually like?

p.s Whats your steam i.d would make playing together much easier if i decide to get it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 11:54:33 pm by sporelord »
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2010, 12:05:25 am »
You can find me at PTMN33. Tell me your Steam ID, I'll add you to the Steam Group (if you're not already a part of it).

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2010, 03:21:53 am »
I added you (Anarchy) my steam id is Sith_lord676 DO NOT ASK :P
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2010, 08:16:54 am »
I won't. The past is a crazy place. ;)

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2010, 12:04:19 am »
I've played this a while, gotten all the Recon(Sniper) unlocks. I have to say, it's a pretty fun game, though I have no idea how vehicle combat or close-range combat is, since I'm the annoying bastard who kills you literally from across the map and keeps your entire team from getting in my field of vision. Mortar strikes are real riot to use.

The only thing I hate is that they still haven't fixed people jacking vehicles from your own base, a legacy issue from every battlefield before it, and pretty much every game with vehicles. It's very unbalancing when the punks from the other team get both assault helos and just spam rockets and minigun fire everywhere, or just steal all the tanks(but in the case of the tanks, mortar strike takes care of them, it's just those helos with drivers smart enough to know not to hover long enough to get shot in the head that are the worst)

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2010, 07:41:03 am »
Vehicle combat is great, especially taking some enemies out with a long range tank shot. And close combat when you blow up a quad with short range grenade as it attempts to ride over you.

At the moment though i have some issues with the campaign, cutscenes every other minute and unbearable amounts of shakey camera, i'm hoping it gets better.

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2010, 09:43:23 am »
I've played this a while, gotten all the Recon(Sniper) unlocks. I have to say, it's a pretty fun game, though I have no idea how vehicle combat or close-range combat is, since I'm the annoying bastard who kills you literally from across the map and keeps your entire team from getting in my field of vision. Mortar strikes are real riot to use.

The only thing I hate is that they still haven't fixed people jacking vehicles from your own base, a legacy issue from every battlefield before it, and pretty much every game with vehicles. It's very unbalancing when the punks from the other team get both assault helos and just spam rockets and minigun fire everywhere, or just steal all the tanks(but in the case of the tanks, mortar strike takes care of them, it's just those helos with drivers smart enough to know not to hover long enough to get shot in the head that are the worst)

Stealing the enemies vehicles is, believe it or not, a valid tactic. If your team is not using your choppers it's basically your teams fault anyway, so you "deserve" to get raped by two choppers. Also, shooting down choppers is easy, granted you have someone on the team who knows how to handle his tracer dart gun.
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2010, 09:48:49 am »
Or a self guiding rocket launcher. Anyway you shouldn't be playing conquest anyway, rush is where the real fun is at.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2010, 06:59:38 pm »
And close combat when you blow up a quad with short range grenade

That reminds me; I love pulling off head shots with my M95 at quads who think they can run me over  :D. It's pretty hilarious, I just wish I could hear what they say about it. I remember I once shot a quad driver as he tried to get out of his main base from my own base... Love the bullet physics of such shots. Was pretty cool, but then I reminded myself of how I hate getting spawn-killed too.

Stealing the enemies vehicles is, believe it or not, a valid tactic. If your team is not using your choppers it's basically your teams fault anyway, so you "deserve" to get raped by two choppers. Also, shooting down choppers is easy, granted you have someone on the team who knows how to handle his tracer dart gun.

I don't believe the basic American soldier could read Russian well enough to fly one of their helicopters. I can kind of understand tanks, since tanks are usually not that hard to figure out.

Or a self guiding rocket launcher. Anyway you shouldn't be playing conquest anyway, rush is where the real fun is at.

I've kind of figured out Conquest is pretty much pointless. As far as I can tell, it's not like the old Battlefields where if you held the majority of the flags, the enemy tickets went down. If I'm wrong, someone correct me, but I've never seen tickets go down unless someone gets killed.

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2010, 11:42:31 pm »
Most of the time i have a bad connection problem, of where it just comes up with please wait then the please wait box fades away and nothing happens, about 1 in 15 servers actually work any ideas ?

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2010, 02:21:21 pm »
I've kind of figured out Conquest is pretty much pointless. As far as I can tell, it's not like the old Battlefields where if you held the majority of the flags, the enemy tickets went down. If I'm wrong, someone correct me, but I've never seen tickets go down unless someone gets killed.

Yes, there is ticket bleeding when you hold all flags. Try it on an empty server; get all flags and you can see the tickets draining.
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.