0 (0%)
Buildings
0 (0%)
Robots
3 (15%)
History
15 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Photos  (Read 73769 times)

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
Re: Photos
« Reply #615 on: October 05, 2011, 02:19:55 pm »
Oh. Oh gog. Not... no. Everybody just calm down. I don't want any of you getting banned, OK?

Sure, I may make a complete [censored] of myself around here, but you guys are the only people who wouldn't nuke me for it.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 05, 2011, 02:26:20 pm »
Ok...let's play semi-level maker here.
Yuu. I'm going to say this once and only once.
ARE YOU BLOODY SERIOUS?
I'D QUOTE THAT POST IF IT WOULDN'T MAKE THIS REDICULIOUSLY LONG!
That kind of post is completely inexcusable. Completely. Swearing every other word, vulgarity, excessively-sized font...
I've lost a hell of a lot of respect for you from that post. You can get your point across with out using f-bombs every other word, I speak that out of experience. You're supposedly in college, yet you come up with a rage-filled response that tosses around f-bombs more than an angry gangster? And yet you're ranting at others to act more maturely?
Also, you've inherently got some obsession that we're ranting at you're, ah, "manhood". I can't even figure out where you're pulling that from, you're just being belligerent.
He's not being competitive about it, as apposed to what you state in your post. I'm not going to turn this into a full-blown counter-rant, but this sort of thing will not fly. Critisizm is a big part of doing anything remotely creative, and if you can't take some heat, then I'm going to put it blatantly: you shouldn't be doing this stuff publicly.
Also, if this is the kind of satirical joke you've been known for in the past, let me make it equally clear that it is not funny in the slightest and crosses the line in the extreme. Calling people "bitches" and such is not acceptable, even in a joke.
I've reported your post and I'll let a mod decide the proper course of action.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #617 on: October 05, 2011, 08:45:31 pm »
Jesus Christ, Yuu, we finally stop being quiet and admit our complaints straight to your face, and you go off the deep end. I honestly did not see this coming in the slightest. I thought you were such a nice guy, but then you just violently exploded. I'm not very inclined to take you seriously and even less inclined to get mad at you when you sound like Phineas Gage post-hospitalization. Frankly, this is extremely disturbing behavior. If there's anything in RL that's causing this, anything that's putting a lot of stress on you, just let us know. Please.

Also: GroxGlitch, you are my new hero.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #618 on: October 06, 2011, 01:01:27 am »
I was having a rough month, year years okay?

What you just saw was a decade of suppressed disappointment and suffering poured into a single f- *ahem* post.

I was keeping it all in all this time, you know? Do you KNOW how mind-cracking that is? Everytime you guys and everyone else in my life pounds down on me?

Sure, hate me guys, but I don't have the privilege of living in a country where you can call a psychiatrist for everything, and the people around sure as heck would disown me, or dies of a heart attack, for my issue.

Also, Grox, I'm not sure if you could ever regain your respect for me, but at least cut me some slack for the three or so years I've been here and being that guy or the fall guy.

The alternative was to kill myself.

Yes, I have thought of killing myself.

I'm that deep down in the path of suppressed bad memories.

I'm a sad, sad little man who's struggling to go on with life as someone who has near psychotic break-outs from time to time.

I thought you, of all people, the person who I understood for his mix-ups here and there, would accept me.

Or at least still have an inkling of concern for me.

It hurts you know. For you to be the one to say that, Grox.

All I really wanted was a pat on the back, and that I'm not a completely worthless wreck, and the there's still hope for me. That I have at least some semblance of goodness in me.

I may not know if you could forgive me, but remember this Grox, I'll never give up my fight to beat the dark side of my mind.

Just because I fell now doesn't mean I'll fail forever.

And I'll wait til the day that you'd accept me again.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 06, 2011, 06:26:35 am »
Well I said what I said because it was appropriate to your response at the time.
And don't think I don't feel bad for you. I'm in the same boat as you are. And also, and I say this for the US, I don't know for other countries, not everybody here has the money to go piss on a psychologist. Hell, if it was like that, I'd have been to the psychologist years ago.
I've still got respect for you, Yuu. You've earned more than you lost with this post.
When you want a metaphorical shoulder to cry on, I'll listen. No hard feelings, ok :)
Trust me. You're talking to a smug, overweight, anti-social bastard. If anyone understands trying to find acceptance, I do.
And mind you, the norm in is state is a bubbly, outgoing, skinny socialite. Which means making a friend, or even striking up a conversation, is a difficult thing to do outside this forum.
Hell, I've got more friends on this forum than I have in real life!
We didn't understand how stressed out you were, you never give any signs, at least not any I could view. You always seemed happy and outgoing to me. I don't know about omega and UFO, but I forgive you.
I may have missed it, but at least as long as I've been here I've never seen you as "that guy" or "the fall guy".
All is forgiven :D

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 06, 2011, 03:28:09 pm »
Wow. I like how this went from aliens to feelings. What a fun commercial break.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 06, 2011, 03:51:42 pm »
Wangst.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 06, 2011, 04:06:50 pm »
Hey now, Badger and Crazen.

Hold a minute... Is this what I think it might be about?

If that's the case(or something of equal magnitude), Yuu definitely has reason to be acting like this. It's not like he's a spoiled little rich white American kid whining about homework. He might be a little overly emotional, but still he might have good reason.

Anyway, I actually was unaware that Yuu had a serious problem like that. Didn't realize it was all stress and built-up anger and all that.

You may be a bit too emotional, Yuu, but who's to say men can't show their emotions? You've got my support for your problem, whatever it is. I forgive you.

*Ahem* Photos space history blergidy blarg.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 06, 2011, 04:15:18 pm »
Right, now that this issue has blow over, time to work on Photos space history. I'll try to have something up soon.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 06, 2011, 05:34:29 pm »
I was in no way saying it was a bad thing. Merely an interesting change.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 04, 2011, 07:58:34 pm »
Tried building a ship in DoGA.
My computer completely and totally froze (INCLUDING THE CURSOR) for about five minutes.
Huston, we have a problem.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 04, 2011, 08:21:51 pm »
How big was it?

For bigger stuff, you might wanna go for less intensive programs like SketchUp. It's harder to use, but as far as I've used it, never did it crash under reasonable bounds.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 04, 2011, 08:24:56 pm »
The ship was 5 items >.>
It was when I hit the F5 hotkey for "Render" that caused it to freeze, which it's STILL never done before.
Speaking of which, would anyone like me to do a tutorial series for DoGA?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 04, 2011, 08:55:34 pm »
Speaking of which, would anyone like me to do a tutorial series for DoGA?

I'm more of a 2D guy myself, though I don't see any problem with it if there are people in here who use DoGA as well.

I'm currently thinking if I should get a 3d program. My eyes are on Bryce, currently, which I previously had but my old rig couldn't handle it well. I'm also partial to SketchUp because it looks soo "clean" and I'm a sucker for cell-shading.

The ship was 5 items >.>

wat

Have you tried to check your drivers? There might be some new versions out.