Author Topic: Changing Names  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
Changing Names
« on: February 13, 2009, 01:36:07 pm »
It's a simple concept, it really is.  Since the beginning of time, people have been able to change the names of the various stuff they create upon computers.

But, when I use a base creature, and try to outfit it in different ways, I notice that Spore does not allow you to change the name once it has been outfitted.

I try to upload it, download it, change the filename, and get it back into the editor, but the filename has no connection with the name of the creature.

I rightclick, leftclick, highlight, go online, but the Spore team seems to have been determined to make the player be stuck with the name that they gave their creation back in the creature stage!

Does anyone know how to change the name of tribal, civilization, and space creatures?  It seems like a pretty glaring issue.

* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Names
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 03:40:38 pm »
I can't either...

I once had to redo an entire outfit because the base creature was named incorrectly... :-\

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Names
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 11:55:30 am »
Surely this is an important flaw.  Did the Spore team consciously decide to prevent further changes to the name after the creature stage?

Is there a mod to fix that issue?
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT