Author Topic: The Love Thread  (Read 95541 times)

Offline Eagle

• Donkey Kong King
  • I AM SO FASHIONABLE
    • View Profile
Re: The Love Thread
« Reply #780 on: February 22, 2010, 03:37:38 pm »
I feel pity for those enpeirced with the arrow of romance, for I have seen them find only pain. Many a friend has been torn from me by their love, only to be betrayed and find that I am gone to some other place. There may be no solace for them.
Stop talking like some bizarre version of Yoda, you are not wise, you have not experienced real love, you are 14 for christs sake.
I am bloody FASHIONABLE eagle!1!

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 22, 2010, 09:43:03 pm »
Teenagers should really move out and be successful while they still know everything  :P

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 22, 2010, 09:49:15 pm »
I feel pity for those enpeirced with the arrow of romance, for I have seen them find only pain. Many a friend has been torn from me by their love, only to be betrayed and find that I am gone to some other place. There may be no solace for them.

Love and Passion are not one and the same.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 23, 2010, 03:22:22 am »
Teenagers should really move out and be successful while they still know everything  :P

Then realise they don't know how to boil an egg or pay their own heating bill without the cheque bouncing.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 23, 2010, 01:02:56 pm »

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 23, 2010, 01:32:31 pm »
Crud.
Thanks alot Haseriiiii *sucked into vortex*
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 23, 2010, 04:33:35 pm »
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 23, 2010, 04:39:55 pm »
Durhurhur. He's using TV Tropes as relationship advice.

Isn't he cuuute  :P
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 24, 2010, 04:25:50 am »
Nice try, but I'm not going to let that happen.

What part of this do you not get?
Love is an adult matter, an emotional matter. Adolescents are not known for their emotional depth or control because they have not finished developing them to their full extent nor gained enough experience or self-searching to find who they really are. True, it's not like you don't have emotions at all, but they are much less deep than those of someone more experienced and matured. Therefore you and people of your age are very unlikely to be capable of seeing and feeling love for what it truly is - though to be entirely fair here, a lot of adults miss the point also.

Lots of people get burned on it, some people witness others being burned by it, or some are burned for the lack of it. This is always going to happen, I would go so far as to say most likely to the majority of people in existance. That love gone wrong or bad can evoke such negative feelings can be indicative of the opposite feelings brought on by love gone right is often missed due to the trauma of the bad event of failed love. Not everyone gives up and lets themselves fall into a wasteful emotional stupor, but many do and it's completley pointless - yet still unavoidable because of the simple fact it hurts.

Consider this though - ever remember being young and falling over and scraping your knee, or being stung by nettles, or being cut by something? You look back on them now and it colours your memories for it - no doubt you weren't setting out PURPOSELY to injure yourself, you were doing something else - having fun, making discoveries, that kind of thing. If we neurotically avoided all pain and trauma in existance, none of us would get anywhere. We'd live bleak and sterile lives completley free of any kind of enrichment or colour whatsoever. Trust me on this - the pain of mediocrity and enervation far exceeds that of broken love.

At any rate Octagonapus, you are speaking with conviction and authority you do not have. Don't presume to tell your elders what is painful and what is good - we've been there and done it before you. We know it hurts. We know too what the benefits are and we aren't so frightened by the threat of pain anymore.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #789 on: February 24, 2010, 06:02:45 am »
It's his opinion. Let him have it.

But Octagonapus, if people are responding so negatively and with such consistency you might want to draw down a little bit. You've got better ways to spend your time.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 24, 2010, 02:25:59 pm »
I guess you're right, PatMan33. But my point was never to rage against love. i just wanted to state my opinion.. and to challenge the notion that falling in love is inevitable. You hear me, Cupid? YOU CAN'T TOUCH ME! Sorry, got carried away.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 24, 2010, 02:38:44 pm »
It's a Biological reaction causes be pheramones creating which subliminally creates want, regardless of personal feelings. No amount of early teenage opinions or lessons learnt from RomComs will change that.

EVER!
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #792 on: February 24, 2010, 04:24:10 pm »
So, you're planning on going celibate, Doc?

Never thought I'd find someone else like me here in these forums.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 04:27:03 pm by Yuu »

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 24, 2010, 05:35:24 pm »
wait. yuu is doing the priest thing? never saw that coming.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 24, 2010, 05:41:34 pm »
Love. An emotion that can both be the best and worse thing.
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.