Author Topic: The Medieval RP  (Read 32041 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
The Medieval RP
« on: January 30, 2009, 12:29:26 pm »
The Medieval RP

Welcome to the Medieval RP at the Gaming Steve forum. If you are interested in playing or have any questions feel free to go to the Out of Character topic or the Information Station. Otherwise, please respect the people taking part in the RP and do not post here if you are not playing. Be sure that you are aware of our RP Guidelines and our Creation Guide. Finally, we have an Out of Character topic for a reason, post your out of character musings in there and not here in the game topic.

Remember, everything that is written in this topic belongs to the person that wrote it and nobody else!

And that'll do it, let the RP begin...

Welcome to Aerd, a world of Medieval fantasy! In the many ages since Aerd's creation vast empires have risen to power and been cast into oblivion. Aerd's bastions of civilization stretch far and wide with little standing in the way of daily business. Yes, there are those that wish to rule and others that wish to conquer but they are rarely able to shake the established order. A general feeling of contentment permeates the diverse peoples of the world and few have reason to question their place in it; still, the adventurer's spirit is not dead. Driven by the stories of old, some decide to set out in hopes of finding fame and fortune. These adventurers, whether they know it or not, are on the front lines in the fight against those who would rather see the world burn. Most of their stories are never told but every now and again one of them bridges the gap between adventurer and legend.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
Re: The Medieval RP
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 01:32:07 pm »
Seitha removed her sword from the freshly slain corpse of a young balwurm, giant ferocious worms that dig through the underground realms, and walked towards the entrance of one of the great caverns. She was to meet and trade with Uros Zcernoboch. I always hate coming down here, she thought. It wouldn't be all that bad except for the stench, and the slipperiness. She knew that the guano that covered the nearly everything, even the monster she had just slain, was a vital part to the survival of Zcerno, but she didn't like it. There was little light down here, but being a night hunter from the deepest parts of the jungle meant that her eyes could adjust well. "Thank the heavens for these glowgrubs and lightmoss," she said as she walked past a dimly lit portion of the cave. The glowgrubs squirmed around in the guano on the cave walls, giving off a dim blue light as they consumed the matter. The 'lightmoss', a type of poison fungus used in alchemy, gave off a dim green light in the distance as it absorbed the nutrient rich fertilizer. She moved towards the figure of a hunched man flanked by two other figures. That must be Uros, she thought. I have some good things to trade him today. Liver of a boar, eyes of a crow, blood from a goblin, and the still beating heart of a chimera cub, the biggest prize in the lot. She patted the sack on her back and the soaked sheepskin cloth that the heart was wrapped in. Good, it is still wet enough. She moved towards the figures. "Uros, I have come."
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 01:37:42 pm »
Luukas trudged through the slushy snow, all sloppy and wet.  It had been two years since he last saw his village, and his dear sister.  But it was not the time to think of those things. He stopped, and looked on forward towards the skyline.  Over the horizon there was a wisp of smoke, probably belonging to a forge or cooking oven, twisting and turning with the air currents.  He continued further, towards the direction of the wispy smoke.  He climbed over the next hill, and looked forwards once more.  It was a small mining village village, set on the opposite hillside, with roughly twenty houses, some shops and a forge, the source of the smoke.  He climbed on down towards the village, hoping for a place to rest.  He was very tired from this last leg of his trip, and it had been several days since his last decent meal.  He walked into the village, and noted its name "Middenvale", and continued further.  There was a small inn available, and walked into the establishment.  The man at the counter greeted him.

"Greetings stranger! Need a room?"

"Aye, I may be here a few days."

"Certainly.  We can keep you in the room upstairs."

"Thank you."  Luukas then walked out again.  He had supplies he needed to replenish.  He decided the best place to start would be the blacksmiths shop.  The shopkeeper was a younger fellow, maybe about 17.  Luukas smiled, remembering what he was like at that age.

"Hello there Mr. Blacksmith.  Can I trouble you to replace this axe of mine?"  He then laid down his worn out axe, dulled both in its sharpness and shine.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 01:39:11 pm »
"Ah... Lady Sarma" said Uros in a treacly voice which put slightly too much emphasis on sibilants. He took her hand as if to kiss it, and instead licked it up to the wrist, as was the custom. "I have what you require." he said, straightening up and producing a small smoked vial with a flourish.
"One drop will steal a man's voice, two will steal his breath, and three it is said will steal his very soul"
He tossed it to Seitha, who caught it effortlessly.
"Keep it out of the light, or its potency fades like a poorly kept tapestry"
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 01:45:53 pm »
Seith shivered at the touch of the man's tongue and pulled it away when he had finished to catch the vial.

"I shall do just that. I have 'come across' some amazing wares to trade you today," she said. She lowered the sack from her back to spot on the ground that was clear of guano, and showed Uros them. "I also have this," she said as she patted the wet pulsing cloth before removing it gently from it's resting spot on her hip. She put it down into one of Uros's hands. "It is the heart of a chimera cub. It's still beating for now, but I would get it to a source of water or blood quickly if you want to keep it that way."
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 01:56:20 pm »
"Ah, you have outdone yourself my Lady." Said Uros, smiling in a reptilian fashion and snapping a finger. One of his guards stepped forward and gathered the things which Seitha had brought.

"Now, before you take your leave, I have a proposition which may interest you" he smoothed down his cloak and straightened up the silver pendant which fastened his cloak.
"A few of my trusted retainers and I are planning a little...diplomatic excursion to the surface kingdoms. There is a place for you among my retinue if you will take it. I would benefit from a strong sword at my side, and you my Lady would be in an excellent position to rally support for your rightful claim to the Amazon throne."

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 02:00:16 pm »
Seitha thought over the proposition. It would mean having to deal with Uros and his eccentricities, but if it would further my goals... "Very well, 'Lord' Uros. When do you plan to depart? If it is soon, I shall wait around and perhaps explore the caverns for beasts to hone my skills against. If it is still sometime away, I will return when the time is right."

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 02:11:43 pm »
"Excellent" said Uros bowing slightly. "We will leave two beats hence. You may meet with me at that time at the Guttersnipe tavern in the upper part of the town. From there we shall ascend the helix to the surface and be on our way. Good hunting my Lady."

Uros bowed again and he and his party turned and headed back toward Vos, the town in which Uros' keep stood and from which he ruled his portion of Zcerno.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 02:15:15 pm »
Aref was sitting on a chair. He had been training a lot today. His archery skills grew better by the day. One day, he would be able to compete with experienced human and orc bowmen. He looked at his oaken composite bow. It was his pride and glory, given to him by his mother when he turned 18. He had taken good care of it and as a result, the bow's coating still shimmered as if it was new. He picked it up with a very controlled move and started pulling the sinew on the bow. He enjoyed watching his bow curve to make up for the force. It intrigued him. After a few minutes, he strapped his bow around his back, together with his leather quiver. He grabbed a handful of arrows, and carefully slided them in the quiver. This was part of his daily ritual. Hunting time.

As he walked out, he looked at all the orcs. They all looked at him with some kind of suprised look in their eyes. Although they all knew he was a full orc, but a half-orc, they still seemed suprised to see him. He didn't care anymore. He sighed and moved on, from his small village, into the woods.

As he arrived at the woods, he felt at home. Here nobody would judge him, here he could just be what he was. A hungry half-orc. He listened carefully to any disturbance in the normal woodland sound. He heard branches snap. A rabbit? A hare? Maybe even a fox? Those were worth a lot. He was wrong. It was a wolf. A wolf with his eyes set on kill. The wolf sneaked up on Aref and started growling. Without even hesitating Aref took out an arrow and brought it to his bow. The wolf got closer and Aref's bow got tenser. As he released, the arrow flew out of his bow, like a lightning bolt, and struck the wolf in his eye. The wolf whimpered for a moment, before coming to a drop in the snow.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 02:18:01 pm »
   Ulrick was off on one of his monthly wanders that he'd taken too about a year back, well they'd turned into weekly wanderings recently. The lads at the inn were joking that he'd got itchy feet, and they'd laugh and tell him he was too old for adventures. This time he'd left Marcus, a 30 year old smithy that he knew quite well, in charge of the proceedings back home for the weekend, and he'd been gone a week and made his way into parts of the great wood he'd never seen before.
   He crawled, weary eyed, from his little tent that was pitched up against a fallen tree and scrambled around in his pack for the ceramic flask that held a consignment of strong liqueur, he took a swill and corrected his vision. Standing he looked down into a leafy gorge about 10 yards deep and wide with a small stream that ran across the bottom into a filthy quagmire that emitted a mild muddy odor. A deer scrambled at the edge of the stream and ran off up a steep bank roughly 40 yards away that led down from Ulrick's level to the gorge floor, provoking squawks and screeches from the nearby birds. The quagmire was overshadowed by a gaping cave mouth surrounded by creeping plants and that was dripping ominously with water from last nights rain.
   Ulrick gathered his things and strapped on his armour, keeping his one eye keen he held his old axe just ahead of him and cautiously made his way down. At the opening of the cave he could see the water was channeled by the rock into a slow, shallow side stream and that it was lit by an enchanting blue glow that seemed to be coming from worms crawling around on the cave walls. The place smelt much worse from here, a mixture of dead meat and feces, but Ulrick, as ever, was curious so made his way inside almost slipping on an unstable stepping stone on his way in. Walking a little way he passed a giant dead worm that had been toppled into the water way, it looked as if it had been stabbed and there was another up ahead, he was exited by the prospect of other adventurers and kept going along his way. The light was getting dimmer, so he lit up his little lantern and sat down on a nearby rock to ponder over his course of action, and at the same time eat.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 02:19:49 pm »
A reasonably-sized wooden ship sat anchored in the great port at Swillwater. Several dockworkers purposefully milled about the deck moving the supplies in the ship's stores into position. The ship's captain, a man known as Otis Moriarty, was nearby negotiating a price for his goods. He was a man of average build. His clothes were weather-worn but fairly nice looking. On the top of his head was a foreign-looking hat that kept the sun out of the man's face. A thin piece of rope around his neck supported a wooden medallion with strange symbols etched into its surface, though it hung beneath his shirt and out of sight. Finally, wrapped around one of the man's shoulders was a large coil of rope with a large hook attached to one end. The hook gleamed brightly in the afternoon sun, its surface like a mirror due to constant use. Otis smiled as he spoke to the man in charge at the docks.

"Well I think your price is reasonable but I should remind you that the western winds have not been very reliable this season." Otis told the man in charge "I'll unload if you add ten to your current number."

The man in charge looked over Otis' shoulder and to the man's boat. His dockworkers had already gotten everything into position and were now waiting for his word to begin the move. Scratching his nose, the man in charge sighed and shook Otis' hand.

"Looks like we have a deal, Mr. Moriarty." the man in charge said "You've never steered me wrong in the past. Here's your gold."

"Thank you, sir!" Otis said, removing three gold coins from the hefty pouch and handing them to the man in charge "It's always a pleasure."

"The pleasure is all mine!" the man in charge said, happily pocketing the generous tip.

Otis walked back to his ship to grab a small package and then headed off into the bustling city of Swillwater. He left the docks, crossing through a gate in the city's towering stone walls, and turned into a back alley. As he looked straight ahead he could see the far outer wall of Swillwater. It must have been as high as twenty or thirty men. Still, it was nothing compared to the red walls of Crendale. Swillwater was situated down at the coast and surrounded by large green pastures and forests. Its main purpose was to serve the capital city of Crendale located nearby in the Rauthaz Mountains. Together the two cities made up the western quadrant of the much larger Dyanian Empire.

Humming a merry tune he'd picked up in the northern lands, Otis ambled down the back alley until he arrived at a small home. He knocked twice on the door and let himself inside.

"Mother!" he called "I'm home!"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 02:23:08 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 02:34:39 pm »
Seitha turned and left the way she had came. She was off to explore the depths of the caves. Monster hunting is never that bad of a job, and if you get lucky enough you can make more than enough to raise a small army. I shouldn't take anything from the balwurms though, she thought. They are almost sacred down here, and their flesh feeds the giant bats. Well most of them anyway... As she reached giant junction that would lead her down to the more dangerous parts of the caves she saw a strange man sitting on one of the few rocks not covered in bat feces. He appeared to be eating something. What a strange man to be able to eat in this place.

She approached him cautiously as she pulled the bow from her back, an arrow from it's quiver, and notched it. "Sir, are you foe or friend?" she called to the man. Her aim was good, but it was still dim in the cave. If he was an enemy, she would use the sound to figure out his position and have him dead. "I am Seitha Sarma. An adventurer, mercenary, monster hunter, and whatever else anyone can pay me to do. Who are you?"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 02:45:07 pm by Doomsday »

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 02:49:13 pm »
   Ulrick jumped when he heard the noise and fumbled his bread roll and dropped into the guano lining the floor, he quietly muttered an "oh bugger" before raising his latern to see who this woman was that was speaking.
 "Who goes there lassie, i'm Ulrick head of the Ritham malitia, proprieter of Hunsrek's Tavern and Inn, and i guess you could say i'm an adventurer too,"
   He held his axe by his side, un-threateningly, but ready and stood squinting to try and make out the figure just beyond the light of his lantern.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 02:59:03 pm »
Seitha lowered her bow and walked into the lantern light. "Well, then you are no enemy of mine in these caves. Sorry about your roll, but it is still edible at least. As nasty as this stuff smells, supposedly it tastes great. I've never been able to eat any myself though," she said with a laugh. He doesn't seem like an assassin, but best be cautious. An axe and shield wielder, eh? She moved closer to the man and placed her bow at her back. She looked down at the old man. He appeared strong and tall, but she still towered over him.

"As you have probably guessed by now, I'm an Amazonian. I'm just heading down into the depths to try and find some monsters to hunt to kill some time before a job. Are you down here for a job, or for pleasure? If your militia needs help dealing with any monsters, I can offer my services.... for a fee."

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 02:59:57 pm »
Carson tugged at bit at his brown robe, which now had a number of tears in it. Man... I'm so hungry... I didn't think leaving would be so hard... he thought to himself as his stomach growled. He wiped a bit of sweat and dirt off his face, and walked into a pasture, leaving the forest behind. He lifted his head up from the ground, to see a town. Oh thank the Gods, a place to find food! he thought, as he moved faster towards the town. He found a road leading to the town, and began to walk on the side of it, making out a sign that said 'Swillwater' far ahead of him.

" Swillwater... Never heard of it... atleast I can buy or steal some food... " He said, sighing a bit as his stomach growled once more.