Author Topic: 'Cute and Creepy' deleted all saved games?  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Oshaberi

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Logically.
    • View Profile
'Cute and Creepy' deleted all saved games?
« on: January 29, 2009, 03:07:00 pm »
My sister just got the parts pack for her birthday. She installed it on her game, and upon starting it up... six blank planets. They had at least four or five saved games, and they're all gone. Some of their creations have disappeared as well-- the most recent was one they made at the beginning of last month.

They use my email to access the online network. My game is fine, and I haven't downloaded the pack yet for fear of the same happening.

Has anyone else had this happen? It was fine yesterday, and now every save is gone. Is it because of the parts pack?

I know there's little hope of recovering the saved games, but it's just bizarre. =\ Never heard of that happening before.

gec05

Re: 'Cute and Creepy' deleted all saved games?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 03:23:59 pm »
Hopefully there should be an old save backup in your Spore app data. First check your folder options in your control panel and turn on "view hidden files and folders."

Go to your C:/ drive and go to Documents and Settings. Find the folder with the user account you're currently logged on to. You're not going to find it in default or all users. Go to Application Data then go to SPORE. Inside you should see a Games folder. Open it and you should see two folders. The one with "Game0.old" should hopefully have your lost data. But first check the new "Game0" folder to see if your saves are there. They should be named after the planet name you gave them. If not, copy the saves from the "Game0.old" folder to the new "Game0" folder. Once you're done put the hidden files option back on.

Who knows how old the backup saves are. But it might be better than having to start over. Hope that helps.

Offline Oshaberi

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Logically.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 08:23:03 pm »
Thanks for your help.

Turns out it wasn't a problem; my sister logged onto the wrong account on a shared computer than the ones her saves were on. Silly.

So they're all fine now. =P Sorry for you to have to go through the trouble for me, thanks though.

gec05

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 08:23:59 pm »
No problem. Good thing you got it all fixed.