Author Topic: Government RP (OOC)  (Read 34251 times)

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
Re: Government RP
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2009, 05:20:50 pm »
-Boo. We shouldn't be voting on such a menial thing as schools when we still lack a structured government. Such issues can be taken up later.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2009, 05:27:31 pm »
-Grah. Into character.

Martin stood up, " Vladimir Kirrilov, we haven't yet established a structured government. It is my belief that structuring the government takes precedent over schools. I politely request that you withdraw your bill, so that the focus can be upon ours. And, as you have voted Nay to the bill, what fault can you find with it? " Martin sat down, waiting for an answer from Vladimir.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2009, 05:35:57 pm »
"Quite simply, I think that schools are important because our future is dependent on our people, and a thinking man, though potentially dangerous, pushes us into the future far quicker than a working man.  Schools will accelerate the rate at which working men become thinking men."
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
Re: Government RP (OOC)
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2009, 05:41:31 pm »
Went ahead and moved my last post.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2009, 05:41:45 pm »
Few changes. Two more classes added to create more diversity as well as an entirely new thread for in character posting.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2009, 05:42:05 pm »
*Interrupts* Senators, it seems you are arguing in the back halls of the Senate Building again. Perhaps you should head to Forum.

*Points out that Josasus is changing this to the OOC (Out-of-Character) thread*
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2009, 05:43:01 pm »
Grah. Get your stuff right fast, Josasa. I'm keeping the Low focus on the Caretakers, but that sudden class changes can be very sudden. A little more warning next time, eh?

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2009, 05:46:21 pm »
Yeah i understand. Sorry about that.

I figured that only 3 classes would create a somewhat two party (possibly three party) system, but with 5 classes its possible to actually support 4 parties. And general demographics will change with time, some classes will lose influence (or even population depending on economic situations). Getting a bit ahead of myself though.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2009, 05:55:53 pm »
It still says three major classes.
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2009, 06:04:26 pm »
Hey everyone, if you haven't already, take a look at Guidelines for Role Playing at Gaming Steve! This is a basic rundown of what and what not to do while RPing. Read it carefully. Disruptive patrons will be asked to leave.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2009, 06:05:47 pm »
Do we really have a villain here?

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2009, 06:07:31 pm »
Not that i see, i was just reminded that everyone should probably read those guidelines.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2009, 06:09:09 pm »
If I can still join.

Name:
Econoriks
Economic Standing: 60%
Social Standing: 80%
Party Leader: Joeseph Arding
Leader Description: Joeseph Adring was born into a Upper-middle class family, in Australia. He lived a easy life, becoming popular with many people due to his parents standing and his natural charisma, though his parents expected great things from him, and often punished him for anything less then perfection. Onto college he decided to pursue political interests to spite his parents that wished to become a doctor. His parents upon learning this disowned him, this cost him most of his friends, and troubled him economically as he could no longer depend on his parents wealth, though he was supported by the large about of scholarships he earned. Graduating top of his class he quickly ascended through the system after becoming governor of a small city, now controlling his own party he plans to become a major contender.
General Information: The party want to, through controlled rights and a influenced economy, completely remove the lower class population by having then climb up the ladder to middle class. They plan to influence the economy so that the natural troubles from a free economy such as lack of food raising the price, as well as avoid the inherent negativeness that a controlled economy brings. They plan to control rights to make sure that the only people that can be free have earned freedom.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 06:27:15 pm by Flamester_ »
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2009, 06:21:16 pm »
Name: Equilibrium
Economic Standing: 80%
Social Standing: 40%
Party Leader: Aleksandra Hayate
Leader Description: Aleksandra was born to diplomats and thus spent most of her life travelling. Visits to underdeveloped nations and cities jarred with her comfortable upbringing in embassies and expensive hotels. Though feeling the plight of impoverished labourers, she admired their simple and often romanticised lifestyles, but also took great comfort in her own upbringing and education. Following in her parent's footsteps she toured the world as a translator and embassy worker before eventually breaking into global politics with the formation of her up and coming Equilibrium party.
General Information: Equilibrium seeks to maintain the culture of the most and least wealthy worldwide while compromising on the maintenance of the middle classes. Both the very rich and very poor get massive benefits under the Equilibrium system in the form of low taxes and additional perks, with the middle classes footing the bill. As such, social climbing or degradation would be extremely difficult under the Equilibrium's ideal system, at least from the positions of the society's most and least wealthy. The poor are in little danger of starvation, but must be content to keep their means low if they wish to continue enjoying low taxes while the ultra rich have an incentive to continue earning a great deal.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2009, 06:22:57 pm »
Opinion of Econoriks-Willing to, at least temporarily, team up with them, until the goals start majorly conflicting
Opinion of Equilibrium-Shaky.  Mild fear.