Author Topic: The Beyon Virus: Planning and OOC  (Read 38534 times)

gec05

The Beyon Virus: Planning and OOC
« on: January 24, 2009, 04:44:31 pm »
Me and Hydro are planning a new RP adventure game. One that will function much like The Prison Escape. We're hoping to get as many of the old veterans back for a nice reunion of golden age races. So depending on how things go we'll see if there are roles for newbies we can squeeze in, who knows.

The story we created involves a large robotics corporation bent on turning Beyon into a mechanical nightmare. A large portion of the city has been taken over, where much of the cities resources are controlled. The mission for our heroes is to stop this mastermind from cutting off all support to the uninfected areas and deactivate the spreading virus. But they first must penetrate into the ranks by either sneaking, fighting, or removing viruses that control areas of the city. But they must take a single pathway to their goal.

Chapter 1: The Subway. The only entrance that is least protected by the robots. Unfortunately the line leading to your destination is caved in. Sewers are also connected here which should take you up to the streets. It's your best bet.

Chapter 2: The Streets. This low class neighborhood is moderately infested. But be prepared for confrontation. The rooftops also make a suitable pathway.

Chapter 3: The Park. Large groups of robots have been spotted here. And they are armed with heavy weaponry. It might be best to use it against them.

Chapter 4: The Trench. This canyon of skyscrapers and stairs will be heavily infested too. Worse still they will be attacking from above. Sneaking through would be preferable since you will be facing more intelligent robots that have been super mutated by the virus.

Chapter 5: The Ladder. Since your destination is perched high atop a mega structure, you will need to climb it's wall to get there. Be prepared for airborne defenses.

Chapter 6: The Battery. This power station platform has been converted into a reinforced defense grid. This one will be tough. Fighting is inevitable.

Chapter 7: The Tower. Intelligence on this place is sketchy. But it is the source of the virus. Be prepared for anything and stop the CEO.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 05:35:59 pm by Gec »

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
Re: The Beyon Virus: Planning and OOC
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 04:48:39 pm »
Sounds awesome! Can I join?

gec05

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 05:39:24 pm »
We'll have to wait and see. We're trying to get some old races back in so if there's any space left we'll see.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 05:41:02 pm »
Interesting. I will like reading this when it starts.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 06:06:41 pm »
I'm definetly interested.  Backed by both Gec and Hydro, with inspirations drawn from the Prison Escape.  Sounds like it's gonna be great.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 07:14:51 pm »
I would join this but unfortunately I don't have an applicable Spore species... or much clout in the Spore section of the forum.
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

gec05

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 08:04:16 pm »
iDroid - Class E modified labor robot.
Size - 1 meter height
Armament - None
Threat - Low

A standard minion of the robot horde. Short and frail. Has no weaponry but uses melee based attacks. Weak when alone but formidable in swarms.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 08:28:44 pm by Gec »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 02:58:23 am »
Ok i had some cool ideas. If you have ever watched the TV show "Heroes" they do not have evey character on at once and follow diffrent storylines. I think that might be the best for this game. Start out with all the characters separately with their own origin stories. Then slowly bring them together as the Beyon Virus event happens.

Each could be from diffrent parts of Beyon city, be it upper class, middle class lower class, tourist, merchant, whatever. But they all have to be heroic in soem sort of way that brings a trait that is needed.

What do you think?

EDIT: Also as much as i like action i think we should mix it up a bit with using non-fighting techniques to stop the robots. We got to have it like Batman where he is both detective and can kick butt. For instance exploiting the weaknesses of the virus. Possibly finding blind spots or making systems by fire upon itself. I think it would be cool if the whole cities computer system got infected so it becomes the heroes vs the environment as well as vs the robots.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 03:07:39 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 03:26:37 am »
Looks very interesting. Can't wait to see how it will turn out.
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

gec05

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 09:25:13 am »
i think we should mix it up a bit with using non-fighting techniques to stop the robots.

they first must penetrate into the ranks by either sneaking, fighting, or removing viruses that control areas of the city.

I suggested it already.

We could also have people who are already ahead who have been isolated long before. Some people can also have supporting roles like intelligence analysts working at the sidelines giving info to the heroes.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 11:24:49 am »
So just for clarification, the whole event is a virus has been released that is making all robots and such rebel?  Am I right in this assumption?
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 11:29:47 am »
Do the Omic qualify? They're second generation but still...
No way dude, you're trolling me.

gec05

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 12:21:19 pm »
Am I right in this assumption?

Yes.

Do the Omic qualify?

I think so. You qualify as a veteran.

KS can't do it and I don't think any of the old creators are around much. We also want Huggs and Opera in on this, if they can. Then we can start taking in other people.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 02:48:14 pm »
Is it going to be set in current day or far future?
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 05:11:34 pm »
Do the Omic qualify?

I think so. You qualify as a veteran.

KS can't do it and I don't think any of the old creators are around much. We also want Huggs and Opera in on this, if they can. Then we can start taking in other people.

Yeah Omci are on the later part of the old universe. In short yeah they can play too.

Why is KS not doing this? If he is not willing to play at least ask him if we can use the ViS.