Author Topic: Spore Creature Keeper (PC) & Spore Hero (Wii)  (Read 22622 times)

Offline Ryuukuro

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Spore Creature Keeper (PC) & Spore Hero (Wii)
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 09:41:28 pm »
I just wonder if the Sims 3 will use Spore content in some way.

I would love to see that.  I'd like to see some sort of free program that could take Spore PNGs and re-render the contents as a plain mesh with a pattern that could then be ported into Sims 3 or other games for use.  In Sims 3 you could have statues or dolls/action figures.

As for stand-alone Spore games, I am curious about Creature Keeper as the intimate nature of the game may really satisfy some non-gamers and even gamers who really like their creatures and want to interact with them rather than indirectly as them.  However, what I'm really looking forward to is a Spore racing game.  That might be possible in Galactic Adventures so I'm looking forward to that.
"It's just a game!  Stop complaining!"  - Me

"Earth is the Kingdom of Who-Gives-a-****" - Will Wright

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 04:40:43 am »
However, what I'm really looking forward to is a Spore racing game.  That might be possible in Galactic Adventures so I'm looking forward to that.

Me too!  ;D I'd love a Spore racer, especially if there was a kind of track editor as well so we'd never run out of courses; or better yet, make it use a checkpoint system so we can scatter checkpoints across the planet, making the whole world our racecourse, and drop in props like buildings and traps around those checkpoints.

If vehicle-based gameplay is in Galactic Adventures then hopefully this is possible.  :) And if not, well... they're already working on MySims Racers so maybe this is one of the gimmicky directions they could take Spore in.
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline helio-G

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 07:48:37 pm »
why oh why do they have to F up the wii version so?

Because the wii is mostly for girls and young kids. FACT
In other words the wii client base is composed of about 50% children 40% casual adult "gamers" 10% hard core gamers (nintendo fanboys) Of which 70% are females. SO you probably fall under the 10% hardcore gamerz,
This game is not meant for you, sorry.
Game Devs go where the money is, in this case children/casual/female players. Now unless you fall in that category the wii is not for you.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 07:54:25 pm by helio-G »

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 07:50:58 pm »
It bugs me how you post such hateful comments under my older avatar.
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

gec05

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 07:51:44 pm »
I'd like to get the Wii version to see what it's like.

But I remember how shallow the DS version was.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2009, 07:56:21 pm »
I haven't played the DS version but i also heard it was "shallow". to be honest, the Wii version doesn't seem to outstanding, especially if it just stays in one stage, after all Spore is about evolving not platforming.

also Grangran, his isn't have the exact same avatar, unless you had that one before you had your other "water drop". your new avatar is annoying. i used to use distracting avatars, but i have changed...its a phase really.
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

gec05

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 08:00:27 pm »
That was Grangan's avatar before he got the other water drop.

And it seems helio doesn't give a damn. But that's not going to be my fight.

As for Creature Keeper, I'll probably go with that one over Spore Hero.

Offline smurfslayer

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 08:07:02 pm »
Yeah, Spore Hero looks a bit odd. I mean, Spore as an adventure game? Really?

gec05

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2009, 08:10:25 pm »
Spore as an adventure game?

Isn't that what Spore Adventures is trying to accomplish?

I think the target audience is lost with Spore. You get people who want gameplay and ones who want creative freedom.

Offline Ryuukuro

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2009, 10:25:53 pm »
Spore as an adventure game?

Isn't that what Spore Adventures is trying to accomplish?

I think the target audience is lost with Spore. You get people who want gameplay and ones who want creative freedom.

But I want both!  Even with GA mixing things up, it doesn't really seem to do what I hoped Spore would do in the first place--what no game has ever done for me.  I am still looking for that game that gives me total creative power but works with AND AGAINST that creativity to give me a challenge and a unique story.  The gameplay in Spore is weak (except Cell stage.  That RULES.) but the creativity is strong and only grows stronger as the creators get more inventive.  Even GA doesn't seem to utilize that creativity much beyond giving players a wide choice of icons that don't act much differently than any other.
"It's just a game!  Stop complaining!"  - Me

"Earth is the Kingdom of Who-Gives-a-****" - Will Wright

Offline helio-G

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 11:13:41 pm »
It bugs me how you post such hateful comments under my older avatar.

It bugs me how you PM me such hateful comments for no real reason.

But anyway, its not meant as a hateful comment. I'm just stating facts proven by other analysts/companies to hopefully explain why games get f-ed up on the wii to other players that wonder that.

One of the reasons i sold my Wii 3 months after i mistakenly bought it...

Offline 0d1n3oo3Broad

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • SPORE ON! Walium go!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube-Channel
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2009, 10:51:37 am »
What facts? Facts by whom publicized? Where are the links for those facts?
The only fact i can read in your 2 posts is 2 times the word "fact", but you just posted claims and written behind them "fact".
~~#SPORE#~~ :D ~~#SPORE#~~ :D
~~#SPORE is ON#~~ :D :D
~~#EXCELENT#~~ :D
Visit my Profile: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mechanikus

Offline helio-G

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2009, 11:22:33 pm »
What facts? Facts by whom publicized? Where are the links for those facts?
The only fact i can read in your 2 posts is 2 times the word "fact", but you just posted claims and written behind them "fact".

Dude..... Do you really need anymore evidence of the main user base of Nintendo wii besides the kind of games they make for that console? Do any of the ads or the recent wii fit any clue to you. (btw my aunt just bought a wii so she can do some yoga stuff on wii fit, go figure)
But anyway if that's not clear enough evidence to back up the fact, just Google Nintendo Wii Demographic. That will give you lots of Articles that talk about NY analysts research on that topic. But seriously, look at the games out for the wii, do you really need someone to prove the fact that a bra is mostly used by women? Pretty obvious, just look at the kind of demographic that uses the product. Same applies for the wii. Go around your friends  or family and see what kind of people use the wii. You will find it's mostly your female friends and family 6 to 1.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 07:12:11 pm by helio-G »

Offline Judhudson

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
    • SporePrograms
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2009, 08:42:55 am »
I am one of those people who fall in the 10% Nintendo Fanboys of being a hardcore gamer...Helio-G most certainly does have a valid point.  It's true, Nintendo does focus more on the casual gamers than the hardcore - I'm not insulting them either, as going by their business tactics, it's indeed a smart move.  We still get great games - GTA China Wars (DS), a new Zelda in the works, Pikmin 3 (I suppose this can fall either way - hardcore and casual) but it does seem like they aren't focusing on the hardcore gamers anymore.

Sorry about taking this off topic...I for one do plan to get all versions of Spore :)
Owner of SporePrograms & SimPrograms
http://www.sporeprograms.com - http://www.simprograms.com

Offline 0d1n3oo3Broad

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • SPORE ON! Walium go!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube-Channel
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2009, 02:09:16 am »
[...]I'm just stating facts proven by other analysts/companies to hopefully explain why games get f-ed up on the wii to other players that wonder that.[...]

I referenced to this comment (bold by me) of yours. You speak of "facts proven by other analysts/companies", but where are those?

Dude..... Do you really need anymore evidence of the main user base of Nintendo wii besides the kind of games they make for that console? Do any of the ads or the recent wii fit any clue to you. (btw my aunt just bought a wii so she can do some yoga stuff on wii fit, go figure)
But anyway if that's not clear enough evidence to back up the fact, just Google Nintendo Wii Demographic. That will give you lots of Articles that talk about NY analysts research on that topic. But seriously, look at the games out for the wii, do you really need someone to prove the fact that a bra is mostly used by women? Pretty obvious, just look at the kind of demographic that uses the product. Same applies for the wii. Go around your friends  or family and see what kind of people use the wii. You will find it's mostly your female friends and family 6 to 1.

No, that's not enough evidence.
I'm sorry, but this sounds like you say the games that came out for Wii aren't your thing therefor they are for girls/women/families (OK, the last point is clearly a notion of Nintendo).
I know what games came out for Wii, but what makes those games less fun than games on other platforms i wonder?

The only persons i know who have a Wii is my best friend and my cousin, so it's exactly 50/50 male/female. A perfect statistic analysis for the conclusion, that Wii is equivalent for both genders in the age between 20 and 25.
The wondering thing is that my best friend plays mostly WiiFit and my cousin the action games what again comes to the conclusion that 100% of the males i know who use the Wii do Yoga with it and 100% of females i know who have one plays action games.

But to clarify things: I'm just arguing your use of the word fact, not what target group the Wii faces. People are to fast with the word "fact" without backing up their as "fact" constituted opinions and claims. Furthermore you speak of analyses but don't link to them.
And I'm sorry i hijacked this thread.
I think we should now go back ontopic.
~~#SPORE#~~ :D ~~#SPORE#~~ :D
~~#SPORE is ON#~~ :D :D
~~#EXCELENT#~~ :D
Visit my Profile: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mechanikus