Author Topic: Spore Creature Keeper (PC) & Spore Hero (Wii)  (Read 24801 times)

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
Spore Creature Keeper (PC) & Spore Hero (Wii)
« on: January 23, 2009, 02:53:42 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBzsqpBqMy0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBzsqpBqMy0</a>

This is the only video I could find of this, so sorry for the quality. It also shows Galactic Adventures.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Spore Creature Keeper (PC) & Spore Hero (Wii)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 03:34:16 am »
What the heck is Spore Creature Keeper (PC)? Is it like "pokemon" or something?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 03:43:52 am »
I think it's more like a pet/companion simulator.

Go Spore! Go!

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 03:58:44 am »
Seems like a mix between Tamagochi, Harvest Moon, Pokemon and The Sims. I'll buy it.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 04:14:40 am »
why oh why do they have to F up the wii version so?

but galactic adventures looks great though.
Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 04:47:47 am »
Creature Keeper?! It must be a kind of virtual-pet thing... although, the running on the treadmill in the house for some reason reminded me of Creatures Playground, and there's been a Creatures-shaped hole in my life ever since they stopped making those games... dang it! I hope they won't exploit my neediness!

The Wii one looks like... some kind of 3D platformer? Should Spore BE a 3D platformer?
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 06:39:22 am »
Creature Keeper?! It must be a kind of virtual-pet thing... although, the running on the treadmill in the house for some reason reminded me of Creatures Playground, and there's been a Creatures-shaped hole in my life ever since they stopped making those games... dang it! I hope they won't exploit my neediness!

The Wii one looks like... some kind of 3D platformer? Should Spore BE a 3D platformer?

No :P

I don't care if the Spore games suck in the consoles, I just want them to keep releasing good stuff for PC :D

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Monster

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 07:34:14 am »
Spore Hero looks like Spore creatures for DS but in 3D.
Spore Creature Keeper I hope is an expansion because it'll be fun going into buildings...
Defo buying Galactic Adventures OMG!

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 08:24:18 am »
I'm thinking Creature Keeper might be like Cute and Creepy was, where you could install it on top of Spore, or on top of the creature creator, giving the people who just like making creatures more to do with just their creatures. 

Offline SpaceOddity

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Europan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 08:27:51 am »
It is referred to as being stand-alone, which I presume means you don't need either of the two games.  :o
<<<< Click to enter.

gec05

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 08:58:08 am »
Creature Keeper is probably that third type of expansion Will was mentioning in that it probably is a stand-alone.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 09:14:54 am »
Galactic Adventures looks great so far.  I realy don't want to get my hopes up to much, but I can't help it.  It's all very exciting.

I know I shouldn't be getting on the speculation train again, but I don't think it would be too far a leap to assume if you can make these stories and missions for the space phase, you can do them in the other's as well.  Just a thought.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 09:37:52 am »
It looks delicious. Yeah yeah, before it gets said, I know a lot of people consider Spore a major letdown, but I always held that if Spore could be fleshed out more, rather than playing like a passing history lesson of how a species reached the space stage, it would be incredible. I'll wait for more info on Creature Keeper, but i'll be getting Galactic Adventures. I still want to 'buy blind', preordering it just to show support for Spore with my wallet rather than just my hands, though now we're getting into expansion packs, and it is less a reflection of "original games get rewarded", I might be more cautious.

I mean, I narrowly avoided the mistake of preordering Saints Row 2 for the PC. A friend got a Direct2Drive style download of the american release, and the port is horrendous. Even below 800x600 and on lowest detail settings, 15fps is about the max, and his specs are a little above mine. I hope they patch it, because otherwise my only option is to buy a damn 360 to play it...
(/tangent)

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 09:51:08 am »
In the Gamespot video I'm sure I heard Lucy Bradshaw talking about 'activity rooms' where you could play online minigames with your critters in Creature Keeper; while I'm a bit annoyed they're putting multiplayer into that game rather than the one I've already got it's still a step in the right direction and means they're at least looking into multiplayer on some level or the other.

I'll probably not be following all the 'directions' Spore inevitably gets taken in but it's really clear from this slew of announcements that Maxis and EA are definitely wanting to take this in as many directions as possible. It's interesting to see the ideas they're coming out with, they're beyond the sorts of things I'd thought about.
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 09:56:30 am »
Creature Keeper is to Spore as the Sims Stories games were for the Sims 2. It's on the same topic but stand-alone. I wouldn't mind seeing a Sporeish the Sims :P

gamingsteve.dyndns.org