Author Topic: Spore Creature Keeper (PC) & Spore Hero (Wii)  (Read 24805 times)

gec05

Re: Spore Creature Keeper (PC) & Spore Hero (Wii)
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 11:28:00 am »
I just wonder if the Sims 3 will use Spore content in some way.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 11:48:12 am »
The alien abduction event might use the Grox, and you return with a cool cybernetic eyepatch and a hate for all biological life. Oh wait, then you'd choke and die in the T3 atmosphere. Hmm, I should have thought that through a bit better.

Oh wait, haha, when Sims3 comes out, all visits to earth in the Sol system reveals actual cities you made, with actual sims you made. Then you can epicise them and watch your sim-self destroying buildings for ultimate sadism. The mental image of an actual spore creature beaming down into the Sims, and trying to woo a housemate by using cutesy dances, is strangely amusing. Or of course, beaming off the planet and using the planetbuster when they realise how much garbage there is on TV. Or maybe that should be one of the mini-events. Rather than inviting a school principal or boss over for dinner to worm your way into something, you have to entertain an alien who beams down, to convince them not to destroy the planet. Or maybe they're just looking for Michael Jackson; an escaped galactic convict with intense social abilities. Ee-hee.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 11:55:36 am »
I think Uro is having a little too much fun...
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 01:16:20 pm »
Haha, along the lines of human-ish-Spore-critter interactions, it'd be funny (though unlikely, so I'm not speculating at all I must hasten to say) if the Spore Heroes game for the Wii had Mii integration; far as I can tell from what's been said so far it's all set on a world Maxis has made, so no chance of finding a planet of Miis, but maybe a lost tribal civilisation of them? Or maybe an option to turn your creature into a horrific hybrid; chunky Spore creature body with the vacant emotionless stare of a Mii-head. Brrr!!!

What I'm curious about is... will Creature Keeper coexist with the already-used Sporepedia (meaning we can drag in any critter from the game into that... house or whatever it is) or will we make all new creatures that are kept separate? I'm just wondering if the two sub-franchises will interact.
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 03:18:44 pm »

I am thinking no. I think it will take Sims 4 for that to happen. Or even a Spore:Sims expansion.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 03:36:52 pm »
Two things about Adventures have me intrigued:

1) How will Maxis handle creature complexity while adding weapons to your space creature? My sapients typically go largely undressed because the complexity meter limits my clothing options (due to my complex base creature). It wouldn't be balanced to allow simpler creatures a statistical advantage because of their lack of complexity.

2) How will the animations handle unorthodox weapon placement? We saw that you can have electro-claw sword thing weps that cause your creature to dash forward, slash with it, and scoot back. What happens when users put these claws near a creature's foot?
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 04:40:18 pm »
Likely the same thing that happens when you place a spikeball weapon on their ankles...

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 09:05:32 pm »
I still want water creatures!

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 07:08:28 am »
So do I! Lets hope they do that for the next expansion after Galactic Adventures, an optional evolutionary path that you could take on creature, tribal, civ and space. Including a molecular stage as well would be awesome.

Anyways, enough with the hopeless dreaming until something is announced.
I read in an article that Spore Creature Keeper is a kind of mini-sims mixed with tamagochi.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 02:17:07 pm »
its bassically for younger audiances, it was said in an interwiew i posted in the GA thread.
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2009, 06:25:11 am »
<troll>BUT SPORE WAS MADE JUST FOR KIDS ALREADY!!1!!1!ELEVENTY!!1</troll>
 ;D

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2009, 06:38:14 am »

I am thinking no. I think it will take Sims 4 for that to happen. Or even a Spore:Sims expansion.

Well, The Sims 3 already has some Spore features like procedural textures (I think) for certain objects like the Sofa for example. Imagine if each object has shape modifying sliders :D

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2009, 06:22:24 pm »

Yes water creatures and flora editor!

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 07:19:22 am »

Yes water creatures and flora editor!

It's about time we get the flora editor, it is something I can see myself spending a lot of time on, more than in any other editor. I'm probably a minority but yeah, I definitely want the flora editor.

As for water creatures, I can see an expansion that expands on the creature, tribal, city/civ and space phases.

Creature:
Same as creature stage but underwater, maybe some parts allowing for amphibious creatures that can live in both environments.

Tribal:
Same as tribal stage, here the creatures definitely pick the environment for the rest of the game until space stage, if they lived mostly underwater they'll continue underwater, or if they were amphibians they can also chose to go onto land now.

City/Civ:
Same as City/Civ but underwater in case that's where the player stayed when in tribal.

Space:
Underwater civs live underwater, land civs live on land... eventually if your race is advanced enough they can build cities on the opposite environment. This would make the game more challenging for underwater creatures because they could only live on planets with water until they get the land tech, however there should be some reward for living underwater so that land civs feel the need to build underwater as well.

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 07:59:06 am »
Underwater civs live underwater, land civs live on land... eventually if your race is advanced enough they can build cities on the opposite environment.
Or they could keep it as it is now being on a t0 planet and contain the underwater colonies in a bubble.  The difficulty would lie in finding planets with a high sea level, or taking the time to lower the land level around some spice geysers.  Or they could just dumb it down to match the rest of the game and automatically lower the land to its lowest level when you place a colony.