Author Topic: Info and Screenshots of Galactic Adventures!  (Read 103738 times)

Offline Petike

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Info and Screenshots of Galactic Adventures!
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2009, 02:05:43 pm »
Quote from: gamespot
....possibly the ability to drive vehicles in the game.

SPOREGASM!!!!

Over unconfirmed features  :P  But hey, that is the best part of it!
Quote from: MasterChiToes in "Spore was dumbed down"
Maybe the Sporons are the ones that got dumbed down?  ;D

Offline Parkaboy

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2009, 02:16:31 pm »
From MaxisCactus on the official forums:

When the mission is assigned by an empire to another player, that player will have to journey to the planet to engage in the mission, but you as the designer won't be able to choose where in the galaxy the planet you've created shows up.

So the adventures are accessible in the galaxy.

Offline Vetro

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Behold Life.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2009, 02:22:05 pm »
Good.... good.....

This should make things very interesting and more lively in the galaxy, though I think this should lead the way for the galaxy in general to become more interactive, since if these missions are implemented in a way that they can only exist on certain planets (and when you finish them all the mission structures and vehicles vanish) then all it would end up doing is provide a few moments of enjoyment before jumping you back into the vast (and mostly boring) blackness of the space phase, the idea of constructing detailed buildings and cities with characters that you can talk to should be expanded into the entire galaxy, not just on a single planet.
"The Finest ship in my estimation that has ever been built or ever will be"- Captain Bertram Hayes, RMS Olympic

Offline Parkaboy

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 02:25:10 pm »
the idea of constructing detailed buildings and cities with characters that you can talk to should be expanded into the entire galaxy, not just on a single planet.

don't know about you, but I'm not going to customize just a "single" planet.  ;)

Offline FutureFilms

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 02:32:16 pm »
Some more from Maxis Cactus:

Quote from: MaxisCactus
Quote from: Tutthoth
Ok, so I could (in theory) create a mission:

STARGATE

Journey to the planet called abydos witha yellow surface and defeat the Goa'uld there.

Cool.

Tutthoth, yep that sounds very doable! 

What you really control in the design on your mission is the planet, and what's on it. 

You can create a boss NPC called the Goa'uld, that has to be defeated.  You can color the planet's surface yellow. 

When the mission is assigned by an empire to another player, that player will have to journey to the planet to engage in the mission, but you as the designer won't be able to choose where in the galaxy the planet you've created shows up.

Just keep in mind that you should avoid making content based on copyrighted material.  :)

Spore Expansion: Galactic Adventures

Offline Vetro

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Behold Life.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2009, 02:35:37 pm »
True but we still don't really know how the mission planets will end up being pollinated. Will they be placed randomly without their buildings and landscapes and only have these features "activated" when you are assigned a mission to go to it? Or will they always be in their "mission ready" state? Will we be able to colonize mission planets and use their customized terrain to finally achieve some of the planetary vistas and scenery we expected to be able to construct in the core game?

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to this expansion, I just have a few questions about how the mission planets will affect interactivity and gameplay in the entire galaxy, and if their influence will spread beyond the missions they were designed to host.

"The Finest ship in my estimation that has ever been built or ever will be"- Captain Bertram Hayes, RMS Olympic

gec05

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 02:36:51 pm »
More clothing parts. And they seem to have stats and abilities.

Offline Vetro

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Behold Life.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2009, 02:40:08 pm »
3 health stats..... armor and energy shielding?

Plus: that bar bellow the health bars, what is that? It looks like it shouldn't belong in the image.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 02:43:33 pm by Vetro »

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2009, 03:28:50 pm »
Imagine the endless Star Trek missions. Great Scots!

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2009, 03:36:41 pm »
3 health stats..... armor and energy shielding?

Plus: that bar bellow the health bars, what is that? It looks like it shouldn't belong in the image.

From what I've read I'm guessing that bar could be the Energy bar for things like the jetpack and so on... from what I've read a lot of the new attachments have functions that deplete an energy resource. Could be something else though. I definitely agree it looks a bit out of place.
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2009, 03:43:31 pm »
I...I have a confession to make...

...I reinstalled Spore...

*ashamed*
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2009, 04:07:18 pm »
Well, I hope there's more to it than what I've seen here, but I'm a greedy, needy player.

I'll be one of the few who will wait to see how this turns out.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline SkyShadowing

• Fire Truck Driver
  • The Fearsome Shadowling... dancing
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2009, 04:15:09 pm »
I...I have a confession to make...

...I reinstalled Spore...

*ashamed*

You're on a Spore forum...

The fact that you UNINSTALLED it should shame you.

j/k

Looks like there will be statues. Just what I needed. I pray I'll be able to build towns and cities on my home world.

They also said they're implementing a bit of a 'campaign' in the main game, as well, with pre-crafted missions.

As for me... an epic series of missions involving the great Shadowling empire sounds nice...

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2009, 04:18:23 pm »
If you didn't like Spore to begin with, this will not be enough to make you want to come back.  While this will add something else to do in space stage, all of the problems you have with the game are still there.  If you didn't care too much for creating things, you most likely won't get too much out of this either.   I foresee people complaining about the lack of depth to the adventures you can make or the fact that you can't start an adventure on one planet and end it on another, focusing more on what you can't do than what you can. 

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2009, 04:23:11 pm »
Let's blow up that last picture and try to figure out what the little icons are!
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.