Author Topic: Info and Screenshots of Galactic Adventures!  (Read 126671 times)

Offline Gzillafan1

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Info and Screenshots of Galactic Adventures!
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2009, 01:35:57 pm »
Does anyone know if we are now able to pick planets made from the planet editor to play in the creature stage? Cause im going to be making lots of realistic planets.Im going to be fooling around with the adventure editors too but the main focus for me is the planets.What im saying is that if im at the main menu,can I start a new game on a planet that I made in the planet editor?

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2009, 01:38:16 pm »
Gzillafan1, we don't have the game either, how would we know?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Gzillafan1

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2009, 01:43:21 pm »
Haha,I know that.Im asking if anyone has heard it in a video or read it in an interview.

gec05

« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2009, 01:48:04 pm »
Signs point to no. It seems planets that are made will be strictly for creatures already in space phase.

This could be a suggestion for Maxis though. They could add a cheat that lets you select a planet. Though any other articles that were added to the planet such as buildings and whatnot would automatically be removed.

Offline FutureFilms

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2009, 01:50:10 pm »
I don't believe it is possible, at least not from what we have seen.

Offline Gzillafan1

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2009, 01:53:35 pm »
Thank you guys for your answers  :)

gec05

« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2009, 01:53:40 pm »
You also have to remember that Maxis limits the criteria of a starting planet to a T3 with a specific land/ocean ratio. So I highly doubt it.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2009, 02:14:32 pm »
If you look in one of the videos, you'll see there are arrows at the bottom of the pages, thus allowing for more than ten types of each thing on a planet.

Yeah, you're right.  I guess the arrows only appear when you fill up the first ten slots and need more pages, since they're not there initially.

Yeah, I noticed it too when I first saw the video :D

Which means.... that there is a potentially unlimited number of things you can have on a planet. Well, not truly unlimited, but the limit is likely a high number, a few hundred. The limit definetly would be lower than 1000 since there just aren't going to be a thousand of any particular object on a planet.

I'm thinking of all kinds of possibilities. Hopefully we can make tunnel/cave like areas, just stick a large roof over a ditch in the ground. Although there had better be light sources (either on the cieling or carried by our creature) or our creatures are going to have to develop night vision.

Also, I believe that this could open up all kinds of modding/item creation possibilities. Depending on how easily this stuff can be modded.

I remember some time back that someone had an idea for a sort of arena to fight our creatures in, I can see this happening, not quite sure how though.

I was looking over that art book that came with the Galactic edition and there was this planet that had cheese-like brown rocks and it looked awesome, I guess that with the planet editor we'll have some kind of control over rocks. If not, we can always make rock structures with the building editor and then place them around which will allow for awesome planets :D
i know its a late response, sue me.

however, i did notice those cool rock formation and i thought it would be awesome to see them too ;D
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2009, 02:22:08 pm »
I'm trying my best not to get hyped for this :-\

i don't even know the creators limitations so i bet that if i get it, i'm going to find it to be simple-not in depth enough.

EDIT:
here is a video:LINK!

Guys, did anyone else notice?  2:10 in this video, planet editor!
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2009, 03:15:39 pm »
I see it, its really brief though. Looks like you can be pretty precise on where you want the slider.

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2009, 05:10:53 pm »
Cool. Can they make the terraforming already there work too so we can make water worlds(even if we cant live on them or use them)? or have I been under a rock?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 05:12:29 pm by Null »

Offline SpaceOddity

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Europan
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2009, 11:15:07 pm »
I'm trying my best not to get hyped for this :-\

i don't even know the creators limitations so i bet that if i get it, i'm going to find it to be simple-not in depth enough.

EDIT:
here is a video:LINK!

Guys, did anyone else notice?  2:10 in this video, planet editor!

In case you guys didn't see the detailed walk-through video: Click here
<<<< Click to enter.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2009, 05:19:14 am »
You can make friendly epics! The purple one is doing the baby-nuzzle animation just as an even bigger epic walks in and stomps on something.

There is an incredible amount of detail and control in planet creation. You can even have plants be on a planet that would otherwise be T0 and hostile to life, at least I think so. Take a look at about 2:14, you can see one of those hot acid clouds pass by along the bottom of the screen and at 5:30 you can see one of those lava geysers.

I think he said something about not really wanting that black ground where his buidings are.

I think Maxis is hyping it up for us as they are showing us the possibilities, lol!

I have an idea of making a true 'zoo' planet, which literally IS a zoo. Just have to find a way to make epics not act all lovey but not spit fire at people.

Blargh, I've got the hype bug, lol.....

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2009, 05:34:16 am »
I don't see it as hyping, I see it as hoping. Beside I have a dream.... a dream of a Jurassic Park style zoo... with epic creatures break out of their cages and spore aliens running everywhere scared. Yeah that would be hyping.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 05:40:53 am by Grazony »

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Behold! The fanhorn from the planet Snaiad.
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2009, 06:19:48 am »
If you guys listen closely at the video posted at SpaceOddity's blog, the size of the parts matter! If you had short claw-blades, then you use less energy and swiping is a quick attack. If you had large claw-blades, then it would use a lot of energy but it would be terribly efficient.
Ichthyostega