Poll

What do you think of the Bino? (because I can't for the life of me how to remove this thing)

awesome!
25 (83.3%)
meh, could be better.
5 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: The Bino  (Read 78780 times)

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
Re: The Bino
« Reply #555 on: August 23, 2010, 09:37:05 pm »
Question: Are their any Bino with Extra-Normal Abilities? Extended Flight, radiation immunity, enhanced Bioelectromagnetism, Cell regeneration, above average strength and durability?

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 23, 2010, 09:50:37 pm »
EXtended flight? Bino can't fly in the slightest.

And there are no... documented cases of any bino with special abilities... ;)
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #557 on: August 24, 2010, 02:31:35 am »
I c wat u did thar   ;b

Though, I dunno if the same can be said for th-

*is shot*

;)

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 15, 2011, 10:59:01 pm »
I WILL POST IN AN OVER 120 DAY OLD TOPIC IF I WISH SIR

Anyway, in preparation for the move, I'm redoing some things! Most notably, I started with the old Valenadra, seeing as how I've been playing the Clarinet for just under a year, the Bassoon for a number of months, and dabbling in just about every other instrument. Not to mention researching like crazy.

I listed what the keys do, and other features.
You may note that I did not sign it "Kitkat". I'm going for my old GalacticWierdo username for Kosmosis, as Kitkat could run into some Kopyright issues  ;)
Anyway, nothing special about the Khurithian Reed specimens, they're just stripey, and the traditional material for Bino instruments.
And, seeing as how I managed to make a PVC version of the Bassoon that actually functions rather well, I will make this in real life over the summer. And I will play it in a video.

This is the common version of the instrument. We would call it a "bass Valen", the Bino call it a Valenora (-ora meaning big, derived Razhora, meaning "mountain". This is derived from "Sky-Earth" as in earth that touches the sky. Sky is represented by "roah" with the r being open like an "h" with the tongue almost to the back roof of the mouth, when said slowly, without voice, it is meant to sound like a strong wind. Earth is represented by "Razh", with the "r" being an Alveolar flap and the "zh" sound halfway between a conventional "zh" and a conventional "sh". This is meant to sound like "crash" as in a landslide.)
The previous Valenadra design was what I would call a "soprano Valen", or just Valenadra.

I finally used the Bino language construction properly to make a new word! AND prefix! Yay!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 11:45:09 pm by Kitkat »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 16, 2011, 03:01:24 am »
seeing as how I managed to make a PVC version of the Bassoon that actually functions rather well,

You did? Wow!   :)

I will make this in real life over the summer. And I will play it in a video.

Sweet!   ;D

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 16, 2011, 04:06:52 pm »
Excellente! I can't wait to see the finished product! Please post in-progress pics instead of revealing it all at the end, or we'll go crazy!

I also see my recent conlanging has had some effects on others...
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 15, 2011, 10:37:25 pm »
I'm finally going to be able to go out and buy the parts for this monstrosity, having collected enough money from a garage sale. It's actually going to end up being a membrane pipe for now (think of a whoopee cushion sort of, but not the same sound), but will be far more straightforward than fumbling with a wooden reed. And it actually may work!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 16, 2011, 03:04:16 am »
Sweet!   :)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 16, 2011, 08:39:30 pm »
Well, you'll have to make a video when you're done! How will it sound? Goodness, you could become an instrument inventor someday! While I'm talking about that, the guy who invented the saxophone made other instruments as well that never caught on, like the saxotromba. He also survived lip cancer and helped make the flugelhorn. Has his page been on the "Interesting Wikipedia Articles" topic yet? If not, it should!

On the topic of cool invented instruments, allow me to show you Benjamin Franklin's glass armonica. Look it up on YouTube sometime!
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 16, 2011, 10:21:19 pm »
It will probably sound close to an alto clarinet in terms of tone. It'll look like a bassoon being played like a bazooka... or a trombone :P I guess it would go in woodwinds, but it would look pretty crazy among the more tame clarinets and even the bassoon! <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu5m6Bb5iGo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu5m6Bb5iGo</a> It should sound like this if I do it right, but deeper.

Adolphe sax made some cool stuff. I'm surprised that the saxophone is such and old invention (relatively), I guess because jazz doesn't seem that old.
The glass Armonica is really ingenious. I love how unique its sound is, it's too bad it's not as well recognized.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 19, 2011, 08:39:16 pm »
Going to get supplies tomorrow! Probably going to have it done in a playable form by Sunday or Monday. In other news, once the game Minecraft hits release and the updated "freebuild" mode comes out, I'm wanting to try to make a Bino city in it, including a completely furnished Temple in the center. The main reason why I've never made any pictures of the Bino cities is because I'm bad at perspective. With the game's modeling power to use, I can work in three dimensions easily to visualize things better. If I do end up doing It, I'd upload videos!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 21, 2011, 03:16:33 am »
Ah, yes, perspective.

On the same boat as you there.   :(

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 21, 2011, 10:51:14 pm »
Augh! Got the red light for this project AGAIN! Sorry guys... This project'll have to wait. Unfortunately I seem to be the only one who believes in my ability to make things around here D: