Poll

What do you think of the Bino? (because I can't for the life of me how to remove this thing)

awesome!
25 (83.3%)
meh, could be better.
5 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: The Bino  (Read 77190 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: The Bino
« Reply #540 on: June 09, 2010, 08:10:59 pm »
Depends on how you look at, I guess. >_>

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 15, 2010, 08:27:01 pm »
Oh you guys! XD

Anyway, I've been looking though a American Automotives book, and that got me thinking about cars, and thought, "what would the Bino use to get around, especially after the supernova?"
And that brings me to this update:

Folcron And Collham Personal Automotive Engineering;
Bringing the world to your fingertips, (even after the Supernova!)

(I'll be using Eathly exampals and metaphors in here, so don't nitpick; You could just say they're general terms that could be translated from Khurithian/Basic to any language as neccesary.)
The Folcron (Ffolkcron) and Collham (Khullham) Automotive Enginering FC-135 is a would-class bred stallion. Weather you use it for travel  around the world, and we mean all of it, or just simply getting to the general store and back, this mighty machine can fullfill all of your automotive needs. Powered by a sixteen cylinder F&C twin V8 diesel engine and lifted from the world by twelve hurculean electromagnets, this machine is a cup runneth over with energy, and rugged to boot. This baby'll purr like a hexatrodon (Khurithian big cat) kitten even through the fiercest of magnetic storms, and a lead-lined cabin ensures that you will never bear the brunt of the grueling sunlight ever again. The F&C FC-135 is available for all walks of life; rangining from a small two-seating hotrod to a twelve-seater family mover or even a an eight-by-fourteen pickup bed.

This is an opportunity you can't afford to miss. Get yours today.

Currently F&C operates from the Royal Airforce's Hangar 11, and abadoned air-and-spacecraft holding facility in the foothills near Mount Kharakhaden, and first used to test prototypes of the Spacefold warp-drive. Needless to say, they have some heritage over there. So far, the flying cars are handbuild, and only available on Khuris in select dealerships, but they can generally be shipped to most cities if you can't make it to one of the dealerships. SO far, they've cornered the marked on automotives, as, not only is there almost no private transportation on Pre-Nova Khuris, most of the electrical components of those autos and trains were shot, as I've recently realizd that the blast would create a rather significant Electromagnetic pulse. These cars counter that by having almost no ELECTRONIC components whatsoever. Everyting is almost completely manual and electric. The only thing things that arent are heavily shielded to prevent damage, and even that is a fairly small amount of equipment, most of which is optional.

Sorry that I don't have any pictures or anything, tht will have to wait until I get back home. But for now, try to envision a 1950s Chevy, mixed wit han airplane, muscle car, duesenberg, and the Nebuchadnezzer from the Matrix! :D

Happy travels around the interned buddies, I'm going back to browsing on my cell phone! XD
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 15, 2010, 09:03:30 pm »
Wait? The Bino were communist? Oh well. So how does sex, marriage and relationshipping work in Bino society? And do they use Laser Swords?

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 20, 2010, 11:01:48 pm »
You are so random XD. And yes, in a way, the Bino were communist, in a way that currency is disregarded as a veritable toy for the rich. Generally, a debt in Bino society is paid off by either a fair barter, or by helping the person who gave you a product. For example, if you were to get produce from a farmer, he might ask you for help in his field, or some tools for farming.

Anyway, from now on I'll be filling out the Imperial side of Khuris!  ;)

First off, is their primary starship, the Kareneiski Class Warp Capital Vessel. The prime representative of the ship class is the IKSWV (Imperial Khurithian Stellar Warp Vessel. The Empire always designates when a ship is a warp capable starship, as it is actually an extremely uncommon thing.) The Empire uses a system akin to the Federation's warp drive; the Empire uses a system of folding the third spatial dimension though the fourth, creating a shortcut through spacetime. It accomplishes this by means of specially charged and ionized particles also used in the propulsion of the drive. The drive is a conventional ion drive, and it uses a combination of electric, turbine, and combustion power to acheive sufficient power to propel the ship. The matter starts as an alcohol-mercury mix compound. The stuff is pushed through a huge carburetor and turned to a vapor, and is pushed into a large internal combustion engine. The engine must be manually started, actually, so the ship is generally started at a "wind-up" belt at a space station, and the drive is constantly ran until it arrives at another start up station. There are eight small reaction thrusters on two of the turbine disks, so the engine can be cold-started alone once or maybe twice, but it's unreliable. Anyway, the alcohol causes reaction when it's compressed, combusting and expanding. The gas, once it's passed through the combustion area, arrives at the turbines. The turbines are accelerated by the combustion, and are mainly intermediary and keep the engine from stopping mid-flight. They ARE magnetized, however, and the mercury causes the gas to speed along fairly quickly through the turbine system, which also helps keep the engine rolling. The real power comes from the ion drive at the end, which is just a contemporary ion drive. It ionizes the remaining gas and propels it out the ship. The gigantic pipe protruding from the front of the engine is a huge heat sink and exhaust. It exhales the unusable waste products from the engine, as well as heat. It's oriented toward the front of the ship, so that exiting gass is chilled by the vacuum of space, also helping relieve the engine of unwanted heat that can't be properly used.

The large yellow light at the front is the bridge. Due to the Empire's deplorable gravity repulsion technology, the floors of the ship are arranged skyscraper style. The dome is essentially the ceiling, with everyone looking up at the direction of the ship's travel. The whole dome can detach from its neck and move freely, looking somewhat like a flying saucer, also having numerous arms projecting off, for landing, as well as for maneuvering, as they have small individual thrusters on them to move around. The area that the bridge's neck connects to is the pentagonal habitation area. In here is the crewman's quarters, as well as life support, docking hatches, a hangar, and the large clamp for salvage, docking, and capture. Oh, and I almost forgot. The two great big wings at the front of the ship just behind the bridge dome are the primary sensor systems. The ship uses a combination of radar, lidar, electromagnetic, and visual reception to piece together a visual of the world around. The electromagnetic imaging has an interesting side effect: It tends to mildly confuse the systems of more advanced starships. The Imperial ships are actually fairly low-tech for that matter, and their interior is reminiscent of ancient maritime tradition; it looks more like a cruise liner, or a battleship, rather than a high-tech space ship. This actually clashes a bit with the bridge, which is completely modern with holograms and screens everywhere, machines ticking and whirring away, and people typing on elaborate keyboards. Most of the ancient designs of the crew areas and the halls are nods back to ancient ideals, but some are actually functional. The thick rugs on the floors double as anchor points for velcro systems; as there is sometimes little gravity aboard, a little help is needed. The interior is also built to be pleasent and relaxing, as these ships' primary usage is transportation of personnell. The bunk areas are incredibly cramped, with hardly any bed space, and very little storage. It' however, is comfortable for long stays, and cramped quarters means that you can't fly very far if the gravity gets low!
     The ship's defense is rather innovative. On the outside of the entire craft, there's several sets of ralis running around. One may at first assume that these are pipes and conduits, but they are actually guide rails for little turrets that slide along them. A turret is essentially a little vehicle in its own right, using the power-conducting rails to scoot along the surface of the ship to get at any offensive ships that pose a threat to the safety of the ship. They have a small ball turret and are mounted on four small wheels on an electric dolly. The turrets use two types of rounds, half use actual solid rounds, and half are capable of using plasma projectiles. The ship has a very small compliment of five guided torpedoes, but they're small and hard to maneuver, and are generally used as a last resort. All in all, these ships are capable of holding their own in a fight, and can plug along at a respectable pace in warp and on impulse, but are fairly dated and are only accustomed to going up against other Imperial ships, or neighbors of them, none of which are much of a high threat. I quite like this little ship, and I hope you do to! Next time, I'll talk about the Imperial Bino's society! :D

EDIT: WHOOO! That was longer that I thought!  ;)

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 21, 2010, 12:07:03 am »
I wonder how the strained Imperial/Federation relations affected the exodus from the planet before it  all went boom. :-X

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 21, 2010, 02:24:22 am »
I quite like this little ship, and I hope you do to!

You bet!  8)

It gives off such a strong feel of the Industrial-Era that it really sets it apart from the designs of most other active races.  :) Looking at it just oh so reminds me of Galaxy Railways and Captain Harlock, you almost feel like the ship's gonna blow out some steam when the former passes through your mind!  ;D

Cramped it may be, I'd still be quite fond of taking a couple of cruises on that ship, even if just for its great nostalgic effect.  :)

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 21, 2010, 02:35:59 pm »
How did you make that ship? What program did you use? Is it free?
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 21, 2010, 05:14:42 pm »
I made it using DoGA CGA System L3 Parts Assembler. Iy's a free program and I have a link to the download somewhere very early in the thread.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 22, 2010, 08:30:18 am »
And, as I promised, here is an overview of the Imperial Society!

I'll Start by introducing Imperial Rule

The empire is ruled in an interesting style. From afar, the Empire would seem to be a typical dynastic Imperial Theistic rule, though on closer inspection, there are several huge differences. The most apparent of which is the fact that the King, or Emperor has a council at his disposal, which are elected democratically by the people. To prevent complete corruption within the council, every orbital year, a new council is elected, and the current council is given a seat at the Royal court, a sort of jury system that observes, and judges the actions of the Council and King, while at the same time, the Council judges the actions of the people, and the people judge the actions of the King. In a way, the Council and Royal Court Jury act as a Ministry, with a Prime Minister being elected by the Jury and the People. The Kingship is determined in a very neat way.

Whenever it is time for a King to step down, whether it is by judgment by the Council, or by means of sickness or Death, the children of the Royal Family, when at age, generally the Bino equivalent of the Human's 20 years of age at least, will compete in a tournament for right to be seated in the throne as King. The Kingship likely has a very large family as such, and most will compete when the King, or Queen, for that matter, passes the throne to the next generation. A small thing to note is that due to the tradition of the tournament, it is also common for commoners to have very large families. A child of the member of the Council may also compete as well, so the dynasty may not last forever. The Tournament is a Triad comprised of a great many Challenges, in three Issues, those of Strength, Reason and Leadership.
Strength is measured namely by combat between the competitors.
Thought is tested by means of several special challenges, such as a memory game, and a game of Makhiri.
Leadership involves the competitors ability to persuade people to believe in him, and includes ability to win in a debate, ability to talk in a friendly and polite manner in most situations, and ability to persuade people to follow his or her lead. That final test is a large maze, in which the final competitors must help a group to the end of the maze, which is full on traps and dangers meant to test all three of the Qualities: Strength to fight your way through the maze, Reason to navigate though all of the sand traps and corners, and Leadership, to get their chosen group to stick with them to the end. In the end of the challenge, a vote is cast between the Council, Jury, Prime Minister, and People. If they all agree, then the leader will be elected and take the throne until his of her time is up, and the process is started up once more!

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 22, 2010, 01:40:32 pm »
So less Evil Mπr and more modern Britain?

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 22, 2010, 01:44:20 pm »
Evil WHAT?

EDIT: Oh dear GOD. I can't believe I just got that D:

Very funny XD

Anyway, yes, the evil empire thing is more of a stereotype perpetuated by the Federal society to prevent contact with them.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 01:47:29 pm by Kitkat »

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 22, 2010, 01:46:03 pm »
Sorry, couldn't resist a good pun. Evil Mπr. Em Pi Ar. Empire. Evil Empire.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 22, 2010, 01:47:52 pm »
Yes. Derp XP

Really a fault on MY part, sorry.

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 22, 2010, 01:49:38 pm »
''Scool, would've worked better in all-caps, just to lazy to dig up a capital π.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 23, 2010, 06:35:44 am »
Nice.

Good system, they have. Reminds me a lot about the Naruto-verse's Chunin Exam.  :)

Still, wouldn't the "Strength" portion of the test be somewhat out of date by now, seeing as with technology, mind-power has become a much, much more important aspect compared to the physical?