Poll

Dead

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Tragdante - Turn 11  (Read 26382 times)

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Tragdante - Turn 8
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2009, 11:40:47 am »
Go around the ranch and take over all the cows there, so the Tragdantes have their own cow army!

Yes, but clean up the corpse and the cow first, along with anything that might indicate he was there (personal artifacts,blood,ect)
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2009, 10:11:34 pm »
Go around the ranch and take over all the cows there, so the Tragdantes have their own cow army!

Yes, but clean up the corpse and the cow first, along with anything that might indicate he was there (personal artifacts,blood,ect)

I kind of like the idea of escaping through the air vent or something or other and assimilating the bodies of anybody working there, as well as the cows. Although we are still about the size of a large bug (I think) if we amass together.

Anyhow, the Tragdante should split up (they are a telepathic collective anyways) and disperse themselves, primarily to get intelligence on the area, outside the building anyways.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2009, 10:26:35 pm »
Well you'll all have to come to some sort of generalized consensus on what to do.

Offline boswell25

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2009, 10:33:17 pm »
Is it ok if you just set up a poll?its pretty hard to tally votes and it would be easier to get a winner.

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2009, 12:46:33 am »
Well, that would be very hard. First we'd have to keep his brain alive long enough to decipher the information in it, and then find the information. Though, we probably would learn English by doing so...

Thats just a way to get information us players already know. Duex Machina such.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 19, 2009, 03:10:15 am »
Devour and process this cow and Reg'. Then we exit the room, looking for a new 'Host'. Try to find the herd of cows, and spread among all of them. Make sure each cow gets quite a few Trag's in em', and then mass produce.

Also, evolve flight?

And how is it that all this acid is fatal to humans when we're a foot tall? It's still nothing to laugh at, but can't human skin withstand very basic, celluar acids and stuff, not that I have any idea what the hell I am talking about?

CREATIVE LISCENSE, GLACIES, NOW SHUT THE FUDGE UP!

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2009, 10:51:03 am »
Why are you yelling at yourself glacies?

It could very well be a strong acid, it would have to be something like hydrochloric acid (the stomach uses a dilluted form of it) to melt the glass. I can see the Tragdante only using tiny amounts of it, enough to burrow and not completely destroy the creature. If the Tragdante can resist the environment of space, I can easily see them protecting themselves from the acid.

As far as flight, we are tiny enough that a good blow of wind could get us airborne.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2009, 10:57:15 am »
Well our acid apparantly is strong enough to burn away body cells with ease

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2009, 11:18:56 am »
There are plenty of corrosive acids to choose from. I don't know all of them that will eat into glass, but given the Tragdantes eons long history, I'm sure they have picked up various tricks to handle acids that do eat into glass.

How about this plan: First, we absorb or destroy the remains of the cow, Reggie, and the clothes/personal items. Use these resources to increase our numbers, we may have to carry the eggs with us. Assuming the eggs don't need some kind of host to be placed in first. Then we go up into the vent or some other hole and we hide ourselves. Or maybe even drill a tiny hole in the wall with our acid and go into the wall that way. Then we send out small groups, small enough to go unnoticed, and check out our surroundings outside. What happens next depends on our surroundings really.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2009, 11:39:21 am »
There are plenty of corrosive acids to choose from. I don't know all of them that will eat into glass, but given the Tragdantes eons long history, I'm sure they have picked up various tricks to handle acids that do eat into glass.

How about this plan: First, we absorb or destroy the remains of the cow, Reggie, and the clothes/personal items. Use these resources to increase our numbers, we may have to carry the eggs with us. Assuming the eggs don't need some kind of host to be placed in first. Then we go up into the vent or some other hole and we hide ourselves. Or maybe even drill a tiny hole in the wall with our acid and go into the wall that way. Then we send out small groups, small enough to go unnoticed, and check out our surroundings outside. What happens next depends on our surroundings really.

I agree.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2009, 01:14:20 pm »
Seems logical to me. I think I'll talk about why the Tragdante value Earth so much anyway in the next update...

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2009, 01:23:06 pm »
I thought they owned almost every planet in the galaxy? Although I'm sure 'owned' might not always be correct as they probably leave some planets to pretty much take thier own evolutionary course. They have probably been observing the solar system since Sol formed from the ancestral nebula. Heck, they have been around long enough to recognize the spark of intelligence. Even if they did visit Earth millions of years ago, they wouldn't know much about the life forms on the current Earth.

One question though, do they have FTL abilities with thier ships?

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2009, 01:26:00 pm »
Incredibly fast FTL, but it would still take them a painfully long time to reach another galaxy. The distances involved universally are almost unimaginable. Since Earth is basically about to go into WW3, the Tragdante might be forced to step in via armada to put humanity down before they screw up the planet.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2009, 01:37:08 pm »
Tragdante - Turn 9; - Open the Gates

Thousands of cloaked Tragdante organic warships warped in, as a safety precaution. If the Tragdante already on the ground couldn't contain this war, then the Armada would glass every human city from high orbit. But first, the Armada destroyed every human satellite, essentially destroying the human communications grid. A bit of help and chaos given to Tragdante on the ground. Without their precious and vulnerable satellites, humanity was practically blind, save for the non-satellite communications.

Back on the surface of Earth, we have consumed all evidence, and have greatly multiplied. The TV has nothing but static on it now, caused by the destruction of the satellites. But the Armada would continue to feed us information about the situation here. We noticed an air vent in the roof, and climbed into it. While we remain a blob, we are now atleast partially safe in the air ducts.

A few scouting parties were sent out, and it seems this facility is massive. There are too many cows to count, and the humans here seem oblivious to our presence. What should we do? (plan once more)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 03:44:49 pm by Razonatair »

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Tragdante - Turn 9
« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2009, 01:52:23 pm »
Infect the humans and the cows, use the cows to make more of us, use the humans to spread ourselves to other humans. (possibly by skin contact have a number of trags converge to a area such as a finger, manipulate the humans to thouch another one, use our acid to drill from the human to the other. Our size means that we could do this on a scale so that the humans wouldn't notice us.)