Author Topic: LOTR: Conquest  (Read 6200 times)

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
LOTR: Conquest
« on: January 02, 2009, 04:28:35 pm »
Home Page of LOTR:Conquest

Apparently this has snuck under the radar. I've tried out the demo on Xbox Live, but I'm still unsure about this game.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
Re: LOTR: Conquest
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 04:30:09 pm »
Don't get it, it's a horrible disappointment to everything LOTR stands for

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 04:35:10 pm »
What is needs is more people playing than just 16. Their maps are so big it takes a while to actuall run into anyone. If they were 32 or even 64, it might be more epic.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 11:06:49 pm »
Its awesome, The full games gonna be even better because their will be bots. Something like 150.

I have been following this game since its announcement.

Complete BS please elaborate.

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 02:53:41 am »
I was thinking of getting this game for my Pc, but i can't play the demo cause i dont have a 360. so tell me, is it what i think it is? beating the crap out of small people playing as some huge ballrog or something?
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 06:21:15 am »
So this game is like Battlefront except it's Lord of the Rings instead of Star Wars?
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 07:28:27 am »
So this game is like Battlefront except it's Lord of the Rings instead of Star Wars?

yes

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 07:58:15 am »

Last time I checked there wasn't 70 mages running around or balrogs in the freaking shire

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 08:30:51 am »
Weren't there only a couple wizards (these supposed mages) anyway (like, 12 or something?).

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 01:07:03 pm »

Last time I checked there wasn't 70 mages running around or balrogs in the freaking shire

Uh..who cares?. If there was a bunch of Mages in the movies then i would understand. But its a game and gameplay is more important Nobody ever complained about the ability to make custom hero Mages in The lord of the rings battle for middle earth 2. And the balrog in the shire comment is not valid.

In the real game after you beat the good campaign you unlock the evil campaign. the evil campaign is a take on what would happen if Frodo failed to destroy to the ring. Anyway at the beginning of the evil campaign a ring wraith kills Frodo and delivers the ring to Sauron. The ring makes Sauron powerful again and he resurrects his generals and the Balrogs. One of the missions you do in the evil campaign is invade the Shire.

You really ought to research something before unleashing nerd rage on it. I'm a LOTR fanatic too but i have been following the game since its announcement and know tons about it.

The demo is a let down though because the game is not balanced for pure 8 on 8. Its balanced for 8 on 8 plus a 100 less powerful AI bots.

Offline shock223

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 02:22:29 pm »
the LOTR online game had to deal with the same issues with "mages" and Wizards.

i remember hearing that they said something like this

a Wizard in the LOTR universe is like a modern man who knows how to use modern techology.

a "Mage" is a like a caveman who has been given a lighter and all he know that if he works it the right way, a flame will pop up.

but then again, im a Scout so all i care about is trying to backstab people and run off  ;D

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 03:47:46 pm »
I thought multiplayer would be just 8v8. This game would've sucked like that but now I guess it'll be okay if they fix the archers being able to shoot while walking backwards. I can see mages doing what they do walking backwards, but an archer? Or atleast their aim should suck. Or have their movement really really reduced when shooting so melee people can actually catch them without having to use a flame sword.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 04:41:58 pm »
Well not only that but the demo versions of Minas and the Shire are much much much smaller then the real game versions. Your are only playing in one section of the actual maps, The rest is blocked off.

Offline Digital Hellhound

• Rigel Rescuer
  • I refuse to be considered a mere nuisance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 09:10:49 am »
Conquest seems pretty good, though I suck at multiplayer.
And good the hero's health is normal, Battlefront 2 had the heroes lose health when not in battle. Hopefully this will not be changed for the final version.
My favourite class is just the normal Soldier, then Mage, then Archer and last the Scout, that backstabbing bastard.
I think Ents and Trolls are too easy to take down... But again, I suck, so it might just be me.  :)

Here's the list of achievements, if anybody's interested: http://www.middleearthcenter.com/lotrc/official-360-achievementsps3-trophies-list/
I am the very model of a scientist salarian...

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 03:05:17 pm »
It truely is too easy to be taken down as a Troll. Ents just generally suck as it is, compared to the awesome fury of a Troll. Your best bet is to stay within or slightly behind the combat, less likely to get backstabbed. Plus use that fist-into-ground move, that gets backstabbers pretty well. Oh, and when your swing your axe, swing twice, and do it so you hit everything around you in 360 degrees. It's not hard to do. But taking down noob Trolls/Ents is fun... Ents suck more so because they actually light on fire for longer I believe.