Author Topic: spore wont start  (Read 9583 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: spore wont start
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 03:46:32 pm »
Okay but same thing. Try a different browser or hooking directly to the modem if you can.

Offline razrr

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 06:27:15 am »
ok well it downloaded off of internet explorer and now when i double click on the spore app shortcut i made, i get something about could not find the needed package data must be corrupt. and another thing that says could not find the default preferences. i didnt hook directly to my modem cuz it turns out we dont have one

Offline Verkinix

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • SelfControl is the Greatest Power We Have. Use it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 04:47:03 pm »
You might try what I like to call "the EA dance" to get the game to work.

First you launch the game in administrator mode.

Then press cntl+alt+del and open the task manager. Then click the "processes" tab. Scroll down and find 'sporeapp.exe' and end that task.

Next open EADM and relaunch spore in admin mode.

If it doesnt load, repeat the end task process of sporeapp.exe and end task on eadm.exe as well.

Now relaunch spore in admin mode and repeat the process until it launches.

The way I tell if its worked or not is if the bit number stalls or proceeds to its normal amount.

This is what I have to do to get any EA game with securom to load. RA3, Spore, Sims2 all require this "dance" to get them to load. Usually takes 5-15 minutes to get any of them to load.

Good luck.

Offline Dauntless

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • EA = Electronic A*seholes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 10:19:58 am »
Argh!

Spore was working fine before. I have a few weeks away from it, and come back to find it crashes before even loading! >:(

Guess I'll have to try and get some sort of help from EA

Boooooooooo!
dd/mm/yy

Remember, the Spore will be with you....one day

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Plusi - My SPOREPEDIA Page

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 07:53:44 am »
Tried launching the game for the first time in months.  I got a black screen and a not responding message in the task manager.
Problem?  Solution?

Apparently, the game just needs twenty minutes to load now.   ::)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 10:33:50 am by Slartibartfast »

Offline SephyrLlanir

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 09:21:45 pm »
It sounds like your system should cope with SPORE. I'm running a Radeon 9800 on  712mb of RAM and it works fine - although it does take a little while to boot (Which is normal I hear).  Sometimes your computer will refuse to use certain programs because of issues within the computer itself.  My computer refused to run any game that used the "Quake 3" engine (Quake 3, Quake 4, Jedi Academy, COD3 etc) and I found a quick Cache Clean and defrag did the trick.

Download a Cache Cleaner (I recommend CCleaner) and a good Defrag program (I recommend Auslogic's Defrag) and run them both.  Although it's not guaranteed to fix SPORE - it might.  Beside; it's good to have such programs and run them every week or so to keep your computer running in tip-top shape.
[Don't have a current SPORE account so I am using the account of a Friend whose computer is in the Shop; to see my work look up 'Jacknife3117' for his account or 'sephyrllanir' for my tags]

Offline SakuraNekoGamer

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Heyyy whatszzup!!! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2016, 02:01:52 pm »
Tried launching the game for the first time in months.  I got a black screen and a not responding message in the task manager.
Problem?  Solution?

Apparently, the game just needs twenty minutes to load now.   ::)

Omg! Same here!
:D ;D ??? :) :(