Author Topic: spore wont start  (Read 9580 times)

Offline razrr

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
spore wont start
« on: December 29, 2008, 11:11:49 am »
see we got spore for Christmas and it installed just fine but then when we clicked on the shortcut nothing happened. This is what happened at first but then later we tried and an error popped up say "we are sorry spore has encountered a problem" or something alon those lines. We have tried ALOT of things and did some research but nothing worked here is a list

reinstalled
reinstalled in safe mode
ran as administrater
removed cc (creature creator)
most everything said on the internet
checked for minimal requirements (which we exceeded greately considering we got a recent computer update)
and gone to SporeApp.exe and tried opening from there

we have a desktop windows xp with plenty of extra space and all requirements as mentioned earlier
if you want anymore information i will tell you to the best of my knowledge PLZZ HELP

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
Re: spore wont start
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 12:24:01 pm »
Are you connected to EADM while trying to launch the game?
Drivers up to date?
Is your videocard compatible?
Do you have the latest DirectX?

This may not work, for I didn't try it. I found it on the official Spore forums:

Go to your Spore root directory /Sporebin and delete the file called DMCmdPortalClient.dll

Download the replacement for that file and save it in the /Sporebin folder.:

http://www.spore.com/static/war/images/updates/DMCmdPortalClient.dll

EDIT: Another possible fix:
Go to: C:\Users\"Your Name"\AppData\Roaming\SPORE\Games
Delete the "Game0" and "Game0.old" folders(make sure to back them up)
Launch Spore.

Again, I found this on the official Spore forums.

Note: This fix was from Vista. I'm not sure what the files would be in XP.

One more fix:
1) UNINSTALL SPORE (If you want to keep all your stuff save the My Spore Creations in the My Documents folder, and go to "C:/Documents and Settings/[YOURUSERNAME]/Application Data/SPORE/games" and make a copy of the folder somewhere safe)

2) GO TO "CONTROL PANEL->ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS" AND DELETE EA DOWNLOAD MANAGER

3) GO TO "C:/PROGRAM DATA" AND DELETE THE FOLDER "ELECTRONIC ARTS"

4) GO TO "C:/PROGRAM FILES" AND DELETE THE "ELECTRONIC ARTS" FOLDER THERE AS WELL.

5) RESTART COMPUTER (I don't know if this is necessary, do it just incase.)

6) REINSTALL GAME.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 12:30:05 pm by Miclee »

Offline razrr

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 03:56:41 pm »
also we just got a breakthrough, its must be something wrong with the download manager because we tried looking at all the programs running and when we started it it showed that it got to about 49500 kb and then it died. we did something (i don't remember what) and then it got to 51000 then it got to 55000 :o then we tried installing the new EADM and it wouldn't install  ??? i mean we got it to do something and then when we downloaded it it just didnt download anything. well we uninstalled eadm alltogether and then it only got to 53000 kb

hope this helps

Offline razrr

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 03:58:56 pm »
yes we have all the required stuff (direct x, driver, video card) EVERYTHING

srry im good with computers but terrible with computer terms ill try my best though

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 04:18:30 pm »
How much RAM does your computer have?

Offline razrr

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 04:51:50 am »
what

srry like i said im good with computers but i basically know none of the terms or how to get the terms

so how do you find umm ram and how much do you need

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 05:22:59 am »
Right click your "My Computer" icon, go to Properties and a window will open with the stuff you need to know.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline razrr

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 05:33:47 am »
1.00 gb of ram it says
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 05:43:12 am by razrr »

Offline razrr

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 05:38:02 am »
well after about 2 minutes after i have double clicked and then an error message comes up "spore has encountered a problem" so basically very generic and not telling me whats actually wrong. but then with the spore app program thing in run it gets to about the same place, then we did something (or well my dad did something) and it got to about 51000 KB (or MB whichever is smaller) and then it just drops the program Huh so then we uninstalled the EADM and wallah it gets to about 53000 so we thought maybe its the download manager (because nothing ever came up on it in the first place) and tried installing the new one, it wouldn't even download anything at all!!!!!! i should tell you also when you open EADM something comes up saying like "could not write license data" and then all of a sudden like late yesterday it starts doing this weird thing that is an error message saying "could not write license data" but it wasn't in the EADM

this is just the one im using for my email to the weird people at ea (who are the worst support team imaginable) i just copied it but basically this is what recently happened

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 10:49:59 am »
what GFX car do you have?

Offline razrr

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 11:50:54 am »
radeon x800 gto

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 01:00:03 pm »
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
Go there and select Spore from the list. Let it scan your system and tell me what the results are.

Offline razrr

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 07:12:08 am »

CPU
Minimum: 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]
You Have: undefined
       FYI: Could not determine your exact CPU, so look at all the other requirements listed to see if you can run the product.   
   CPU Speed
Minimum: 2 GHz
       Could not determine your exact CPU Speed, so look at all the other requirements listed to see if you can run the product.   
   System RAM
Minimum: 512 MB RAM (768 MB for Vista or built-in graphics)
       Could not determine how much RAM your computer has. You may or may not pass this requirement, so please try and evaluate through another method.   
   Operating System
Minimum: Windows XP/Vista
       Could not determine your exact Operating System, so look at all the other requirements listed to see if you can run the product.   
   Video Card
Minimum: 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 [GeForce 6200 for Vista]+ / ATI Radeon 9500+ / Intel 950+)
       Could not determine the video card requirement for your computer. Please review the Video Card details below or use another method for your evaluation.   
   Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - undefined
   Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - undefined
   Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - undefined

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
Your driver version number is: undefined
       FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.   
   Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
       Could not determine your sound card, but you can still run the game if all other requirements are met.   
   Sound Card Driver Version
Your driver version number is: undefined
       FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.   
   Free Disk Space
Minimum: 6 GB
       Could not determine how much Free Disk Space your computer has. Please try to use a different method to see if you meet this requiremen

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 01:55:24 pm »
As far as not being able to download Spore, what type of connection are you on? Are you on a router? Try hooking directly to the modem to download it. The router can sometimes stop downloads.

Offline razrr

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 03:33:51 pm »
As far as not being able to download Spore, what type of connection are you on? Are you on a router? Try hooking directly to the modem to download it. The router can sometimes stop downloads.

I am not trying to download spore I'm trying to download EA download manager, but I'm on Mozilla and i think I'm on a wireless router