Author Topic: "Creation Culling" on Sporepedia  (Read 9212 times)

Offline Ryuukuro

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: "Creation Culling" on Sporepedia
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2008, 04:13:02 pm »
No no no!  And not to the culling but to the WHINING!!!  This is a perfectly fine procedure and I say let it go forward.  There are so many safety checks on this that nothing popular will be gotten rid of, just stuff that everyone, EVERYONE ignored.  Read what Maxis said, people.  While a handful of forgotten gems might get lost, someone will re-upload them if they're good enough.  Stop complaining over nothing.  They need to make room for new objects, not old stuff that no one liked!
"It's just a game!  Stop complaining!"  - Me

"Earth is the Kingdom of Who-Gives-a-****" - Will Wright

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2008, 04:29:09 pm »
No no no!  And not to the culling but to the WHINING!!!  This is a perfectly fine procedure and I say let it go forward.  There are so many safety checks on this that nothing popular will be gotten rid of, just stuff that everyone, EVERYONE ignored.  Read what Maxis said, people.  While a handful of forgotten gems might get lost, someone will re-upload them if they're good enough.  Stop complaining over nothing.  They need to make room for new objects, not old stuff that no one liked!

Plus, as I said, YOUR OWN CREATIONS ARE STILL ON YOUR COMPUTER! So don't worry about having your creation deleted outright. I can see where this might become a hassle for people with lots of creations as there may be some which have never been in a game for one reason or another and not because it is a banned creature.

I'm not complaining about this and agree that this will help clear out the duplicates and the slightly more evolved versions of stuff while you were in creature stage.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 06:19:13 am »
I kinda like this, I'm proud of all of my creations but some of them don't get any attention at all while others get a lot of attention. I'm amazed at how a lot of people find something I made when I was bored or that I didn't put much work into as some of my best creations while others that I spent half an hour or more working on them and they never even get 1 comment. What I'm saying is, I have backups of all my creations so if only the stuff that people in general think is good stays, I don't really mind.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 01:47:07 pm »
Won't this kind of screw with sporecasts since people depend upon not only their own but other peoples creatures to be in them?

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 02:42:23 pm »
Won't this kind of screw with sporecasts since people depend upon not only their own but other peoples creatures to be in them?

Hydro, you should have paid attention in class! Creations in Sporecasts will not be removed.

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2009, 09:20:15 pm »

Hydro, you should have paid attention in class! Creations in Sporecasts will not be removed.

Oh good! Yay!

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 07:25:58 am »
Approves of the culling:

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 03:34:36 am »
I think the Wraith are the worst (bad as in bad design) race ever thought up for a Sci Fi series. Puts the Stargate name to shame.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 05:43:54 am »
True that. I hate aliens that look too humanoid >:(
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 07:12:20 am »

Well, they're not really aliens... They're ancient humans mutated by a bug, OF COURSE they are humanoid.
But yeah, Stargate lacks aliens that aren't humanoid...

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2009, 07:21:08 am »

Well, they're not really aliens... They're ancient humans mutated by a bug, OF COURSE they are humanoid.
But yeah, Stargate lacks aliens that aren't humanoid...
I forgot about that :P
I do like that Stargate at least explains why the 'aliens' are humanish.
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2009, 09:31:37 am »
THREAD JACK SUCCESSFUL!  ;D