Author Topic: Spore Mod Index  (Read 174183 times)

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
Re: Spore Mod Index
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2009, 04:32:05 pm »
I downloaded a mod and put the package file into my Spore\Data folder, but nothing changed, not even when I create a new game or even savegame. What am I doing wrong?

What's the mod supposed to do?

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009, 04:43:35 pm »
Do you have GA?
No.

Have you updated to Patch 1.5?
Dunno. Sometimes Spore asks me to update and I press ok, but I dunno if it has updated to Patch 1.5 yet.

I downloaded a mod and put the package file into my Spore\Data folder, but nothing changed, not even when I create a new game or even savegame. What am I doing wrong?

What's the mod supposed to do?
It's the Sandbox mod, #31.
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2009, 04:50:13 pm »
The mod may be incompatible with one of the new updates. I know a lot of mods got broken with 1.4. How old is the mod? If its over 6 months old, it might have been broken.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2009, 06:33:26 am »
The mod may be incompatible with one of the new updates. I know a lot of mods got broken with 1.4. How old is the mod? If its over 6 months old, it might have been broken.
I dunno... The last edit of the original post was from January. >_> Therefore it is older than 6 months...

So...

Does anyone know a more recent mod that does the same?
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2009, 07:28:10 am »
Sandbox mod... Never heard of it...

What exactly did it do? Did it add tools? Parts? Gameplay Changes?

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2009, 07:49:01 am »
    It is in the original post. >_>

• This mode make the game more creative. It increase the spice cost, the number of trade routes, made all the tool unlimited with 1 second recharge, increase complexity editor, increase the payment for the mission (15x), you can travel in the center of galaxy.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2009, 07:54:04 am »
I can't give you links right now, but BetterSpore should take care of most of those, with Freelance mod taking care of the mission payment and the trade routes. I can't recall a mod for all unlimited tools, though... Try Mayflower and Santa Maria (they give you unlimited colony and social tools, respectively). There's also probably a "no galactic center limit" somewhere out there if BetterSpore doesn't take care of it...

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2009, 03:54:44 pm »
As far as I know, Betterspore doesn't give you unlimited ammo for tools and an obscene amount of spore bucks.

Both is required to make the Space phase fun. >_>

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2009, 08:33:59 pm »
I can't give you links right now, but BetterSpore should take care of most of those, with Freelance mod taking care of the mission payment and the trade routes. I can't recall a mod for all unlimited tools, though... Try Mayflower and Santa Maria (they give you unlimited colony and social tools, respectively). There's also probably a "no galactic center limit" somewhere out there if BetterSpore doesn't take care of it...

Don't worry, they're compatable. I actually have them running on my machine as we speak.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2009, 05:27:13 am »

Don't worry, they're compatable. I actually have them running on my machine as we speak.
Oh sorry, I just read Betterspore. Well, thank you very much, I'll try them out! :)

Tried them, didn't work.
I even renamed the mods as stated on the xspore site, but didn't help either.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 11:09:30 am by Flisch »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2009, 07:09:20 pm »
Hmm... I'd ask around on the SporeBase forums (Don't mind the huge shoutbox at the top...). They're way more knowlagable about Spore Mods than I am... There was also another mod site, but I can't find them now.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2010, 01:33:47 pm »
I would like to request the following mods that don't require the full game, just the CC.
-A mod to remove complexity limits COMPLETELY.
-A mod to expand test drive mode... A LOT. I'm talking a full demo of how your creature would play in the actual GAME.
-MORE PAINT STYLES.
-A mod to add tribal, civ, and space clothing to the Creature Creator.
-A mod that automatically adds all the parts of any creature you download to your database.

That is all.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
  • Don't eat the yellow snow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2010, 05:02:33 pm »
Number one I can do, two, three and four aren't possible, and number five negates the purpose of buying EPs, and is thus piracy.

It's not infinite, but it's still pretty high.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2010, 05:23:22 pm »
OUCH. Ok.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline neroli

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2010, 03:01:18 pm »
There are so many mods I want soooo bad - some compleat idiot questions: do they work on Mac, which generally has more Spore issues?  And where are the sites for this, the links for what I want are older and broken - I'll check BetterSpore. 

Should I do an AppCleaner + reinstall first?  With the routine issues, it sounds smarter...     

Also if I see the answer to everything at betterspore, apologies + thanks!