Author Topic: Trophy Creation Challenge  (Read 2117 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Trophy Creation Challenge
« on: December 18, 2008, 06:53:23 pm »
As posted on the Spore forum by Maxis Cactus:http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/0/15416.page#238875

Quote from: Maxis Cactus
Trophy Creation Challenge

Challenge Details

As we hold more forum challenges, we'll be awarding more trophies in the MC Challenge Trophy Case:
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500206244749

These are dedicated to the community elected challenge winners.

We want more trophies to give as prizes. These can be simple standard trophies, or imaginatively innovative ones! We don't know what all the challenges will be yet, so it's possible that your trophy will inspire the next challenge theme.

Create the best Spore trophy to be elected the winner of the Trophy Creation Challenge.

What will the challenge winner get?

A chance to be featured on Spore.com!

Also, our favorite trophy creations will be added to the MC Challenge Trophy Case as awards to other players in future challenges. The creations will be republished under the MaxisCactus account so that the winner information can be added as needed, but the trophy designer will be given all the credit in the tags and description.

For an example, see this one by SporeMasterKaliena:
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500211281658

We'll post our favorite submissions here, then YOU get to vote for which one is your top pick! The winner may be featured if it meets our criteria for featured creations.

• It must not have any parent authored by a different creator.
• It must not have any offensive creation in its lineage (any parent or child creations).
• It must not have any links or references to other sites in the submission's tags, name, or description

Submissions that do not meet the above criteria will not be considered for the poll

Rules:
• Your trophy creation can be made in any creator.
• To submit a creation, just tag it with: mctrophychallenge
* You're welcomed to post about your creation here on the forum - but the only step required to submit your creation in this challenge is to publish it to the Sporepedia with the tag listed above.
• You can submit as many creations as you’d like
• All submissions must be in by 11:59pm PST Sunday (01/04/09)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 06:35:57 am by LadyM »

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Trophy Creation Challenge
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 08:27:39 am »
I think some Gaming Steve artists should make some of these trophies and post them here and over on the Spore site. Let's represent our forum.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 04:02:13 pm »
So that's what this was. I was looking for info for it (without having to sift through the mess that is the Official Forums). I thought it was a Community (as in not Official) thing... apparently not. I'll make some for this.. eventually.. maybe. >.>

Edit: As a note, we can't have the GamingSteve tag? That sucks... it'll make it harder to catalog them for Sporecasts (assuming you're still doing that).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 04:03:49 pm by OpDDay2001 »
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

gec05

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 04:42:54 pm »
Here's my submission.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 03:48:21 pm by Gec »

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 06:33:23 am »
Be sure you post it there too or I guess I could point them out to Maxis Cactus.

gec05

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 03:49:08 pm »
I redid my trophy with a few polished details.