Author Topic: Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess --- 100+hrs?  (Read 11590 times)

Offline Secret|Service

• Rigel Rescuer
  • FOXHOUND
    • View Profile
Re: Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess --- 100+hrs?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 03:42:42 pm »
Pokemon ruby?
That game took like 50 hours for me to beat.
I'm on a highway to hell.

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 04:05:35 pm »
Heh...I must've spent something like 215 hours altogether on Pokemon games.

Pokemon Yellow: somewhere around 40.

Pokemon Silver: about 60

Pokemon Sapphire: about 60

Pokemon FireRed: about 55.

Needless to say, I'm kind of burned out of playing Pokemon games. ;D I'll probably still get Diamond or Pearl when they come out though.

Offline Secret|Service

• Rigel Rescuer
  • FOXHOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005, 04:15:56 pm »
I kinda stopped after ruby =P
I'm on a highway to hell.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005, 09:25:44 pm »
Pokemon ruby?
That game took like 50 hours for me to beat.

I think if you re-read my post you will notice how I said I got well over 100+ hours out of it but I did beat the game in much less. 50 odd hours to beat the game then an additional lets say 70 hours to find more pokemone evolve other pokemon create a team from scratch to take on battle tower Do contests etc.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2005, 01:39:25 pm »
I played Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for 90 hours. I think the boss lady killed herself in despair. I'm a little fuzzy on that fight, it went by fast...

I remember reading somewhere that one of the developers, made by himself a fishing game for TP. The same guy who worked on the first one in OoT. Something like he loved the last one so much he spent a bunch of free time and coded a fishing thing and they decided to go ahead and put it in the game.

If they put in a fishing game that is anywhere near as good as OoT, I'll be spending a lot of time playing it.

...err...go fishing?
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2005, 01:58:59 pm »
I think thats cool, now he's establishing a tradition. There wont be a 'realistic' graphics Zelda game without fishing!
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2005, 02:08:05 pm »
Did you guys know that the fishing game in OoT was originally being developed as a stand-alone game? Well, for some reason it fell through and they decided to just throw it into OoT as a mini-game. That probably explains why the fishing game was so good.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2005, 10:34:39 pm »
I honestly don't think it will be 100+ hours... the only game that I know of that is like that is Morrowind... and that is a freaking long game.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2005, 06:54:35 am »
I've logged in a little over 1.5k hours on Morrowind, and I've never even tried the main storyline. I always stop a couple missions in, do some other 3 faction's stuff and tell myself I'll do it eventually. I've actually beaten every faction's quest, including the assassin quests, and the temples. I love going up to Vivec in his temple and trying to pickpocket him. So much fun.

I just seriously hope that TP has a main story line of 40+, a couple hundred different side-missions(not all just delievery), and a lot of new items to collect (i.e. Unbreakable Giant's Sword). And Skulletas. I loved them...well just the golden ones, the normals were a huge pain while climbing.
So overall it would be 100+ to get everything. Man...I am so psyched for this. I really hope he has an Ocarina, maybe a couple masks to collect as a shout-out, and some of the same characters hidden away and old.
I can't wait! I'm going to go pre-order right now!

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2005, 07:02:31 am »
I've logged in a little over 1.5k hours on Morrowind, and I've never even tried the main storyline.

Wait, are you saying that you have played 1500 hours of Morrowind?!? If so, dude, you need some serious help!
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2005, 11:14:33 am »
It's seriously true. I got it the week after it came out, and played over 20 characters, and most of them were around 100 hours each.
I know it's sad, but I still played through God of War, FF VII-X, played Galaxies, FF XI, and a bunch of other games. And I still feel that I never play games anymore.

Wow, I played a lot! I never realized that before. Funny enough I still had time for girlfriends in there too.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2005, 11:54:10 am »
I've logged in a little over 1.5k hours on Morrowind, and I've never even tried the main storyline.

Wait, are you saying that you have played 1500 hours of Morrowind?!? If so, dude, you need some serious help!

Everybody is thinking "And I thought Vivec was the Morrowind obsessed one here"
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2005, 12:04:54 pm »
Okay I just figured it out, it's not that bad. That's like 10 hours a day for 150 days. Or 5 hours a day for a year.

I mean I've logged that time in a little over 3 years. So like 1.7 hours a day for 3 years. See, not that much at all.

I still play it too.

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2005, 12:23:29 pm »
Hm...1.7 hours a day isn't all that bad, I guess. Most of us probably spend around that much time a day on games. But man, a game would never be able to keep my interest for that long.  :)

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2005, 12:26:01 pm »
It is the most in-depth, open-ended RPG I have ever played IMO. And there are millions of Mods out there for it.
I understand the thought because I barely play any of my games all the way through more then 2 or 3 times, but for some reason I can always go back and play this game again and again.

Edit:
1.7 hours a day for three years is: 1861.5 hours or 77.5625 days.
So, yes it was a lot of time.

Anyway, to bring the topic back:
I just seriously hope that TP has a main story line of 40+, a couple hundred different side-missions(not all just delievery), and a lot of new items to collect (i.e. Unbreakable Giant's Sword). And Skulletas. I loved them...well just the golden ones, the normals were a huge pain while climbing.
So overall it would be 100+ to get everything. Man...I am so psyched for this. I really hope he has an Ocarina, maybe a couple masks to collect as a shout-out, and some of the same characters hidden away and old.
I can't wait! I'm going to go pre-order right now!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 12:40:13 pm by TheShark »