Author Topic: Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess --- 100+hrs?  (Read 11524 times)

Offline Ryune

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess --- 100+hrs?
« on: November 15, 2005, 09:14:08 pm »
According to Japanese gaming website Level Up, the total playtime on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess may exceed one hundred hours.

Director Eiji Aonuma says that the total play time will vary depending on the amount of sidequests and exploration players spend in their own experiences with the game, but he expects Twilight Princess to be the most expansive Zelda adventure yet, dwarfing both Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker.

Level Up writers go on to speculate that the game will feature new and innovative gameplay mechanics that will establish traditions for Zelda games to follow in the next generation.

No release date has been announced for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but Nintendo has said that it will not be released before March 31, 2006, the end of the current fiscal year.

Source: Nintendojo.com

I think this is extremly awesome. It's rivaling RPG's for lastability and shattering the 'games are getting shorter' trend we've been seeing. I can't wait for it even less.... if that were possible

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess --- 100+hrs?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 12:30:18 am »
This is looking to be an Ocarina beater.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline versatek

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 12:35:08 am »
Oh great, another game I'll never finish.   :-\

I'm probably one of the few people who absolutely loved Wind waker.  I loved the cartoon shading, and some of the levels looked absoutely breathtaking.  The first cave with the firespouts comes to mind.  It really felt like I was playing a real cartoon sometimes.

I hope TP has a compelling enough story, and good gameplay to keep me interested through the whole quest.  Sometimes I feel that RPGS add too much padding, or repetative gameplay to artifiicially make themselves longer.  But I trust the folks at nintendo.  They make some of the best games ever released on any console, period.  I bought a gamecube just so I could play Zelda, Metroid, and Super Mario Sunshine.  I really only play gamecube exclusive titles on it, everything else goes to the xbox.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 08:57:20 am »
as long as they havent lengthened the game with wind waker style triforce fragment hunting. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ. the first 'Act' of wind waker was by far the best, after the forbidden fortress it just went downhill a bit.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 12:07:04 pm »
Wind Waker was amazing!

This looks even more amazing! Even more amazing than Ocarina of time!

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 07:33:01 pm »
My only real problem with wind waker is that it was shoooort. I like side quests, but much prefer the main story than side quests. The main story just seemed so... short...
Another problem I had with it was that I was an idiot and... sold it! *sob* I can be such a noob sometimes... *snivel*
It is one of the games that I deeply regret selling, including Ikaruga and Animal Crossing (although I may still have that...)

That's why I dont sell my games anymore unless I know for a fact that I'll never regret it.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 07:36:36 pm »
I really hope it's that long. I could go for an Ocarinsa of Time killer with more play time then a Final Fantasy. And I'll actually have time to play, now that I got my girlfriend hooked on Sims 2.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 07:43:03 pm »
I never sell my games period I couldnt part with them no matter how bad they are.

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 08:04:38 pm »
Versatek, I loved Wind Waker.

Anyway, I've read this in various places, and I'm a little skeptical. The game isn't even done yet, and Nintendo is infamous for keeping info on their big games pretty tight. Not too mention the fact that they've always seemed to shy away from counting Zelda games in number of hours. (Why do you think it doesn't record your time?) I've read numerous interviews where Miyamato or Aonouma say something about the length of the game, but mention that they think that length is only one way to measure a game.

And personally, I'd rather play a better made 15-20 hour game then a sub-par 100 hour one. (No, I know it'll still be amazing even if it IS 100 hours, though, and that it would never just be 15-20 hours.  ;D)

Of course, this would support the rumor that the popular delayed game from Japan might, in fact, be Twilight Princess and not Final Fantasy XII...

http://joystiq.com/entry/1234000053068490/
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 08:08:38 pm by Sensei Jinx »

Offline Ryune

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 10:38:55 pm »
If it is an extremly long game, it will give me something to beat a few times before spore.  :P

Offline Benjo

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 05:39:16 am »
I think that LoZ: TTP is definitely going to be longer than Wind Waker, but I doubt it would take you 100 hours to beat it.  There's no doubt that Nintendo is going to want to make a huge game since this is their last chance at a really big seller until the Revolution comes out.  However, I doubt it'll be near 100 hours of gameplay, unless they are factoring in some mini-game that you can play forever or something.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2005, 07:46:39 am »
They tend to factor side quests into the hour counts, it does seem a bit much though. If you played for two hours every day it would still take over two months to finish!

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2005, 08:43:56 am »
Before Mario 64 came out they said that it would be a 100+ hour game for 100%
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2005, 10:33:10 am »
I may have put something approaching that amount of time into finding all the stars on Mario 64 DS. Actually, maybe not as much as 100, I should check.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2005, 11:54:29 pm »
I know I've put over 100 hours of my time playing Pokemon ruby doesn't take that long to beat the actual game but find and evolving pokemon plus battle tower I got well over 100 hours out of that game.