Author Topic: Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess --- 100+hrs?  (Read 11401 times)

Offline Ryune

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess --- 100+hrs?
« on: November 15, 2005, 09:14:08 pm »
According to Japanese gaming website Level Up, the total playtime on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess may exceed one hundred hours.

Director Eiji Aonuma says that the total play time will vary depending on the amount of sidequests and exploration players spend in their own experiences with the game, but he expects Twilight Princess to be the most expansive Zelda adventure yet, dwarfing both Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker.

Level Up writers go on to speculate that the game will feature new and innovative gameplay mechanics that will establish traditions for Zelda games to follow in the next generation.

No release date has been announced for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but Nintendo has said that it will not be released before March 31, 2006, the end of the current fiscal year.

Source: Nintendojo.com

I think this is extremly awesome. It's rivaling RPG's for lastability and shattering the 'games are getting shorter' trend we've been seeing. I can't wait for it even less.... if that were possible

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess --- 100+hrs?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 12:30:18 am »
This is looking to be an Ocarina beater.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline versatek

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 12:35:08 am »
Oh great, another game I'll never finish.   :-\

I'm probably one of the few people who absolutely loved Wind waker.  I loved the cartoon shading, and some of the levels looked absoutely breathtaking.  The first cave with the firespouts comes to mind.  It really felt like I was playing a real cartoon sometimes.

I hope TP has a compelling enough story, and good gameplay to keep me interested through the whole quest.  Sometimes I feel that RPGS add too much padding, or repetative gameplay to artifiicially make themselves longer.  But I trust the folks at nintendo.  They make some of the best games ever released on any console, period.  I bought a gamecube just so I could play Zelda, Metroid, and Super Mario Sunshine.  I really only play gamecube exclusive titles on it, everything else goes to the xbox.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 08:57:20 am »
as long as they havent lengthened the game with wind waker style triforce fragment hunting. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ. the first 'Act' of wind waker was by far the best, after the forbidden fortress it just went downhill a bit.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 12:07:04 pm »
Wind Waker was amazing!

This looks even more amazing! Even more amazing than Ocarina of time!

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 07:33:01 pm »
My only real problem with wind waker is that it was shoooort. I like side quests, but much prefer the main story than side quests. The main story just seemed so... short...
Another problem I had with it was that I was an idiot and... sold it! *sob* I can be such a noob sometimes... *snivel*
It is one of the games that I deeply regret selling, including Ikaruga and Animal Crossing (although I may still have that...)

That's why I dont sell my games anymore unless I know for a fact that I'll never regret it.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 07:36:36 pm »
I really hope it's that long. I could go for an Ocarinsa of Time killer with more play time then a Final Fantasy. And I'll actually have time to play, now that I got my girlfriend hooked on Sims 2.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 07:43:03 pm »
I never sell my games period I couldnt part with them no matter how bad they are.

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 08:04:38 pm »
Versatek, I loved Wind Waker.

Anyway, I've read this in various places, and I'm a little skeptical. The game isn't even done yet, and Nintendo is infamous for keeping info on their big games pretty tight. Not too mention the fact that they've always seemed to shy away from counting Zelda games in number of hours. (Why do you think it doesn't record your time?) I've read numerous interviews where Miyamato or Aonouma say something about the length of the game, but mention that they think that length is only one way to measure a game.

And personally, I'd rather play a better made 15-20 hour game then a sub-par 100 hour one. (No, I know it'll still be amazing even if it IS 100 hours, though, and that it would never just be 15-20 hours.  ;D)

Of course, this would support the rumor that the popular delayed game from Japan might, in fact, be Twilight Princess and not Final Fantasy XII...

http://joystiq.com/entry/1234000053068490/
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 08:08:38 pm by Sensei Jinx »

Offline Ryune

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 10:38:55 pm »
If it is an extremly long game, it will give me something to beat a few times before spore.  :P

Offline Benjo

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 05:39:16 am »
I think that LoZ: TTP is definitely going to be longer than Wind Waker, but I doubt it would take you 100 hours to beat it.  There's no doubt that Nintendo is going to want to make a huge game since this is their last chance at a really big seller until the Revolution comes out.  However, I doubt it'll be near 100 hours of gameplay, unless they are factoring in some mini-game that you can play forever or something.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2005, 07:46:39 am »
They tend to factor side quests into the hour counts, it does seem a bit much though. If you played for two hours every day it would still take over two months to finish!

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2005, 08:43:56 am »
Before Mario 64 came out they said that it would be a 100+ hour game for 100%
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2005, 10:33:10 am »
I may have put something approaching that amount of time into finding all the stars on Mario 64 DS. Actually, maybe not as much as 100, I should check.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2005, 11:54:29 pm »
I know I've put over 100 hours of my time playing Pokemon ruby doesn't take that long to beat the actual game but find and evolving pokemon plus battle tower I got well over 100 hours out of that game.

Offline Secret|Service

• Rigel Rescuer
  • FOXHOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 03:42:42 pm »
Pokemon ruby?
That game took like 50 hours for me to beat.
I'm on a highway to hell.

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 04:05:35 pm »
Heh...I must've spent something like 215 hours altogether on Pokemon games.

Pokemon Yellow: somewhere around 40.

Pokemon Silver: about 60

Pokemon Sapphire: about 60

Pokemon FireRed: about 55.

Needless to say, I'm kind of burned out of playing Pokemon games. ;D I'll probably still get Diamond or Pearl when they come out though.

Offline Secret|Service

• Rigel Rescuer
  • FOXHOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005, 04:15:56 pm »
I kinda stopped after ruby =P
I'm on a highway to hell.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005, 09:25:44 pm »
Pokemon ruby?
That game took like 50 hours for me to beat.

I think if you re-read my post you will notice how I said I got well over 100+ hours out of it but I did beat the game in much less. 50 odd hours to beat the game then an additional lets say 70 hours to find more pokemone evolve other pokemon create a team from scratch to take on battle tower Do contests etc.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2005, 01:39:25 pm »
I played Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for 90 hours. I think the boss lady killed herself in despair. I'm a little fuzzy on that fight, it went by fast...

I remember reading somewhere that one of the developers, made by himself a fishing game for TP. The same guy who worked on the first one in OoT. Something like he loved the last one so much he spent a bunch of free time and coded a fishing thing and they decided to go ahead and put it in the game.

If they put in a fishing game that is anywhere near as good as OoT, I'll be spending a lot of time playing it.

...err...go fishing?
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2005, 01:58:59 pm »
I think thats cool, now he's establishing a tradition. There wont be a 'realistic' graphics Zelda game without fishing!

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2005, 02:08:05 pm »
Did you guys know that the fishing game in OoT was originally being developed as a stand-alone game? Well, for some reason it fell through and they decided to just throw it into OoT as a mini-game. That probably explains why the fishing game was so good.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2005, 10:34:39 pm »
I honestly don't think it will be 100+ hours... the only game that I know of that is like that is Morrowind... and that is a freaking long game.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2005, 06:54:35 am »
I've logged in a little over 1.5k hours on Morrowind, and I've never even tried the main storyline. I always stop a couple missions in, do some other 3 faction's stuff and tell myself I'll do it eventually. I've actually beaten every faction's quest, including the assassin quests, and the temples. I love going up to Vivec in his temple and trying to pickpocket him. So much fun.

I just seriously hope that TP has a main story line of 40+, a couple hundred different side-missions(not all just delievery), and a lot of new items to collect (i.e. Unbreakable Giant's Sword). And Skulletas. I loved them...well just the golden ones, the normals were a huge pain while climbing.
So overall it would be 100+ to get everything. Man...I am so psyched for this. I really hope he has an Ocarina, maybe a couple masks to collect as a shout-out, and some of the same characters hidden away and old.
I can't wait! I'm going to go pre-order right now!

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2005, 07:02:31 am »
I've logged in a little over 1.5k hours on Morrowind, and I've never even tried the main storyline.

Wait, are you saying that you have played 1500 hours of Morrowind?!? If so, dude, you need some serious help!
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2005, 11:14:33 am »
It's seriously true. I got it the week after it came out, and played over 20 characters, and most of them were around 100 hours each.
I know it's sad, but I still played through God of War, FF VII-X, played Galaxies, FF XI, and a bunch of other games. And I still feel that I never play games anymore.

Wow, I played a lot! I never realized that before. Funny enough I still had time for girlfriends in there too.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2005, 11:54:10 am »
I've logged in a little over 1.5k hours on Morrowind, and I've never even tried the main storyline.

Wait, are you saying that you have played 1500 hours of Morrowind?!? If so, dude, you need some serious help!

Everybody is thinking "And I thought Vivec was the Morrowind obsessed one here"

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2005, 12:04:54 pm »
Okay I just figured it out, it's not that bad. That's like 10 hours a day for 150 days. Or 5 hours a day for a year.

I mean I've logged that time in a little over 3 years. So like 1.7 hours a day for 3 years. See, not that much at all.

I still play it too.

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2005, 12:23:29 pm »
Hm...1.7 hours a day isn't all that bad, I guess. Most of us probably spend around that much time a day on games. But man, a game would never be able to keep my interest for that long.  :)

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2005, 12:26:01 pm »
It is the most in-depth, open-ended RPG I have ever played IMO. And there are millions of Mods out there for it.
I understand the thought because I barely play any of my games all the way through more then 2 or 3 times, but for some reason I can always go back and play this game again and again.

Edit:
1.7 hours a day for three years is: 1861.5 hours or 77.5625 days.
So, yes it was a lot of time.

Anyway, to bring the topic back:
I just seriously hope that TP has a main story line of 40+, a couple hundred different side-missions(not all just delievery), and a lot of new items to collect (i.e. Unbreakable Giant's Sword). And Skulletas. I loved them...well just the golden ones, the normals were a huge pain while climbing.
So overall it would be 100+ to get everything. Man...I am so psyched for this. I really hope he has an Ocarina, maybe a couple masks to collect as a shout-out, and some of the same characters hidden away and old.
I can't wait! I'm going to go pre-order right now!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 12:40:13 pm by TheShark »

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2005, 12:31:53 pm »
1.7 hours a day for three years is: 1861.5 hours or 77.5625 days. That sounds like a lot to me. :)

Offline Kagan

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2005, 01:57:07 pm »
It is the most in-depth, open-ended RPG I have ever played IMO. And there are millions of Mods out there for it.
I understand the thought because I barely play any of my games all the way through more then 2 or 3 times, but for some reason I can always go back and play this game again and again.

How in the hell can you even remotely consider MW to be in-depth and open-ended? The open-endedness of MW comes from the fact that there is very little substance to the world other then countless fedex quests, a ton of depthless organizations that have no meaning to them other then to give you more fedex quests, a plethora of NPCs that talk like ****ing encyclopedias, etc. There is no depth to that game and there never has been.

You want a game that is open-ended and has depth? Play Fallout 1 and 2.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2005, 01:58:41 pm »
That's why I made sure and said "In My Opinion".

And actually I haven't gotten to play Fallout yet. But I will when I can afford it...and after I buy about 15 other games.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2005, 02:23:23 pm »
I just seriously hope that TP has a main story line of 40+, a couple hundred different side-missions(not all just delievery),

I hope they still have the crazy chain delivery missions though (a la Biggoron sword). Give the man some rocks and he gives you a hat, give the hat to a little girl in exchange for a flower, give the flower to the mad scientist and get a pickled brain, give the brain to an ogre and get a skull necklace, give the necklace to some goth guy and get a crappy poem, give the poem to an old woman and get some cookies, give the cookies to a fat child and get a jumprope, give the jumprope to the woodsman so he can repair the bridge and pick the mushrooms on the other side, give the mushrooms to an old witch and get a broken wand, give the wand to a wizard and get a treasure map, give the map to a treasure hunter and he'll give you a ruby, put the ruby in the hands of a statue in a temple and a secret chamber opens, inside the chamber is a puzzle box, give the puzzle box to the scholar to open, inside you find a gear, give the gear to the mechanic and he'll give you a can of oil, give the can of oil to a Goron and get a cake made of rocks, give the rock cake to a Goron kid and get a scarf, give the scarf to a chilly explorer and get a shiny fish scale, give the scale to a zora and get a pearl, give the pearl to a vain girl and get  hairbrush, give the haiurbrush to a woman with a cat and get a ball of twine, give the twine to a trapper and get a fox pelt, give the fox pelt to a rich woman and get a party invite, give the invite to a palace guard and he'll let you enter the caste storehouse, in the storehouse is a secret passageway and in the secret chamber at the end is... something good :P There, wasnt that fun.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2005, 11:54:57 am »
That was awesome...that was the best part of Thanksgiving so far.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2005, 07:12:09 pm »
I'd loved that biggoran sword quest I don't mind doing the old fetch quest as long as there a few things different to do as well. although those quests where you had to get somewhere in a time limit were hard but fun anyway.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2005, 11:53:09 am »
100 hours? Wow! Thats how long GTA:SA is supposed to be, and I believe them!

Offline Ryune

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2005, 08:54:07 am »
Maybe they changed zelda into an open ended game where you can drag people off horses and beat them down then go to the castle and get a little nookie for some health.... nah, definatly not.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2005, 08:36:12 pm »
How about Grand Theft Auto: Hyrule?  ;)

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2005, 11:02:21 pm »
Can almost imagine a modern day Legend of Zelda Hyrule is now a bustling metropolis. This generations  Link must rescue this generations Zelda from Ganandorf who was once again come back from the dead/out world/ where ever it is that he keeps going. Either that you rescue Zelda from the Paperazi who hound the party Princess at every turn.

Link travels out to Lon Lon Motors and gets himself a deal the latest car to be made the sporty new Epona.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2005, 11:00:45 am »
But first he has to challenge Ingo to a drag race around the ummmm, car farm :P

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2005, 07:50:29 pm »
But first he has to challenge Ingo to a drag race around the ummmm, car farm :P

Boys! You ain't goin in 'till you harvest those Volvos!

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2005, 08:43:39 pm »
Not just Ingo but Honest Ingo his car dealership is renowned through out hyrule. :P

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2015, 07:58:21 am »
AND THEN WE WERE DISAPPOINTED.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvug9_xljlY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvug9_xljlY</a>

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2015, 04:03:13 am »
Man, this hurts to look back at.

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2015, 12:39:34 pm »
I was posting about stuff in 2005? Weird.

Edit: I thought Twilight Princess would be better than Ocarina of Time. Haha, what a chump.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2015, 05:13:39 pm »
Wow, ten years ago. Already posting at the tender age of two