Author Topic: My Chemical Romance  (Read 16590 times)

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
Re: My Chemical Romance
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 02:52:26 pm »
No1 likes emos, I am lucky there are only like 3 of them at my school, and no1 likes them and they get made fun of all the time. lolz. . . losers

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 04:10:13 pm »
Thats probably why they're emo...

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 12:22:06 am »
Isn't emo basically "goth-light"?
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 03:32:55 am »

No, emo is derived from from punk rock and hardcore. "Goth" isn't a musical genre, it's a general style. The music genre that goths tend to listen to tends to be metal - which isn't related to emo.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 03:36:06 am by Daxx »

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 03:56:12 am »

No, emo is derived from from punk rock and hardcore. "Goth" isn't a musical genre, it's a general style. The music genre that goths tend to listen to tends to be metal - which isn't related to emo.

I'd have to disagree there. I've seen goth referred to as a musical genre plenty of times. Emo isn't just a genre either, so far as I know,  it's a style and subculture of its own. Or a growing one at least. The goth movement also had early roots in punk. Members of both tend to whine a lot and wear too much make-up. From what I've seen there's definite similarities.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 04:10:25 am »
Emo is a genre of music. The subculture developed from that. See the wikipedia page.

Goth, however, isn't a musical style. Anyone who refers to it as such doesn't know what they're talking about.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 04:11:29 am »
Heh, no.

Metal has nothing to do with goth music, or at least, it didn't use to. It is a genre. Bauhaus and Siouxsie and the Banshees are both goth bands.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 04:14:10 am »
Heh, no.

Metal has nothing to do with goth music, or at least, it didn't use to. It is a genre. Bauhaus and Siouxsie and the Banshees are both goth bands.

You mean post-punk.

It isn't just metal (I left out the rest for simplicity). You have post-punk stuff (like that), cyber-, which is drifting into techno and electronica, then you have industrial, and you've got new wave as well.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 04:19:51 am by Daxx »

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 04:20:39 am »
So you'd consider techno and electronica to be seperate genres, but not goth and post-punk?

Okay, whatever...

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 04:25:12 am »
I don't consider goth a genre at all - CNR.

I consider goth to be a style which used to cover new wave and post-punk, and now incorporates elements of metal and techno-electronica as well.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 04:26:58 am »
WARNING, LONG RANT AHEAD

Here are my definitions, not of the music genre but of the "clique" or group of people associated with it.
lets get some things straight first
Gothic
Goth people do not always wear black
Not every1 that wears all black are gothic.
almost no goths want to kill themselves or any1 around them.
Alot of goths love vampires
Goths generally wear clothes from hot topic and hang out in groups. there are also a sube clique doesnt really have a name but they are gamer goths, they are like normal gothics, but a bit less social and more into games.
Emo
Emo guys and girls are diffrent. first of all, All emos are little winey ass bitches who dont have any friends. so they try to make them stand out so they will get noticed, but it doesnt work, it just makes them stand out so they can get made fun of, which they do. all the time. The guys wear womens clothing and makeup. Their only friends are other emos. most emos have tried to kill themselves multiple times. they tend wear braclets or fishnets to hide the cuts on their wrist.  alot of the time they are kids who wanted to be gothic, but wern't accepted. Emo guys are gay. alot of them play WoW, go ahead ask your guild if any of them are emo if you play the game. 
Emo girls on the other hand, would have to be the only reason to become emo in my opinion, they are the girls who like homosexual boys, and emo is as close to being homosexual without having sex with your same gender.  Alot of the times emo girls really attach themselves to their boyfriends and after a break up they lock themselves for days, dont eat, or try to kill themselves.
My ex-girlfriend was in the hospital for 2 weeks after I broke up with her.
Most emos generally have dyed hair. not all died, just a small patch, in patches, or multi colered. they always seem to have long bangs that cover one of their eyes.
so ya, I dont think that might help tell the diffrence between emo and goth, I know what the diffrence is but im not good at explaining. I hang out with both emos and goths, I am niether. the Gothic are by far the better crowd in my opinion, I am a metal head and goths have better music. sometimes me and my friend tony will listen to emo music and laugh because how gay it is.
That reminds me, mash pits, there are 2 types, the mash(also the circle mash), . . . and the gay ass emo ass "**** me in the ass" mash, in the normal mash pit its just people slaming into eachother in no order just having fun.  circle pit is kind of the same way, but there is traffic. every1 "hops" in a big oval, and if any1 gets close to you you kind of give them a shove, you want to aim them into oncoming traffic. head on collision means they guy he crashed into either stops or slows down, so the people behind him catch up and slam into him or puch him. there is always a big ring of people along the outside so if you get pushed outside of the mash, they will push you back in, unless you say something, or force your way out of it(A good example would be a Devil Driver Concert). these 2 types of mashes are fun, and I used to go mashing 5-6 times a month.  Emo mash on the other hand. . . . Gayest thing I have ever seen, its a bunch of emo ****s in a little area throwing punches or swinging their arms not paying attention to where they go. this way they can inflict pain on  themselves without them being the ones doing it. this type of mashing turned into "hardcore dancing" which although it is still stupid, isnt as bad. its still gay though.
So in conclusion. .
Goths = ok - cool
emos = little winey ass bitches who cry and slit their wrist.
who would you rather be?
the only reason there are so many emos, is because losers dont have any friends and they think that if they become emo then they will get friends. so they turn emo.
my Suggestions if you want to be a goth or emo
if you want to be a goth, go buy some black cloths, and wander around your closest mall until you find a group of mallrat goths and hang out with them. they tend to be a cool crowd.
If you want to be emo, go buy a knife and slit your wrist, but some pink braclet to cover up the cuts, and dont get caught stealing your little sisters pants.

END OF RANT
Trying not to have a Biased opinion but its so hard when emos are Sooo gay

that was a good rant, if I do say so myself

lol "Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post." so this post was ment to go 5 to 6 posts ago

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 05:35:32 am »
1. Your not suppose to post rants.

2. Its not a fair comparison because you are obviously biased.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 03:21:26 pm »
why arn't we suppose to post rants?
i guess im am kinda biased, but I really don't like emos.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2006, 06:13:48 am »
why arn't we suppose to post rants?
i guess im am kinda biased, but I really don't like emos.

Try reading the forum rules for once. I know you're too cool for rules, but give it a go.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2006, 02:01:35 pm »
I read them once, but a long long long time ago, so I didnt remember.