Author Topic: My Chemical Romance  (Read 16410 times)

Offline retman

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
My Chemical Romance
« on: November 15, 2005, 08:50:27 am »
Anyone like them? i love their song I'm not okay (i promise)

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
Re: My Chemical Romance
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 11:30:32 am »
cant say im a big fan of emo. these guys sound like everyone else

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 05:12:50 pm »
I cant stand emo! I really cant stand the emo kids at my school! lol.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 08:31:04 pm »
I dressed up as one of the emo kids at my school for halloween.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Pir0

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Dolphin Rave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 12:32:13 am »
I dunno, every new punk band that's mainstream is pumping out some dismal stuff.

MCR has some talent, but their live shows suck.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 08:13:28 pm »
I dressed up as one of the emo kids at my school for halloween.

Nice!  ;D

Offline ECUnlimited

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Entropic Decay
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 04:38:08 am »
THey are okay, but they are way overrated these days.
Currently playing: Perfect Dark Zero, Golden Sun, Half Life 2

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Viddy Well, Droog. Viddy Well.
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 04:39:11 pm »
I dunno, every new punk band that's mainstream is pumping out some dismal stuff.

MCR has some talent, but their live shows suck.

I don't want to start a genre battle, but please don't call them punk. They're on MTV! MTV=Mainstream, Mainstream=Money, Money=Capitalism, Capitalism does not equal punk. D.I.Y. Forever!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 04:41:03 pm by tooma125 »
Matarissans make my soul cry blood...

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 05:25:24 am »
He means pop-punk. Not the old-school stuff.

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 03:20:00 pm »
Hasn't anyone else read the emo article on wikipedia?

c14dude

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 12:23:59 am »
no MCR and fallout boy for that matter are very over rated.
for scene bands From First To Last and Lostprophets are the best. great music
and fftl's drummer is bad ass.

Offline Raisins

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • Mr. Sparkles!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 10:06:00 pm »
I really hate this band.
SporeSporeSporeSporeSporeSporeSporeSporeSporeSporeSpore

Offline jb7

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 03:16:01 am »
A tab bit to emo for me. I guess I could listen to them everyone once in awhile, but they will never pop up in my playlist.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 06:01:18 am »
for scene bands From First To Last and Lostprophets are the best. great music
NO.

If I ever want to get ****ed in the ear, I'll go to prison, thanks.

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 03:35:55 pm »
My Chemical Romance sucks... I bet they arent even real emos! I bet they just dress up for their shows.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 02:52:26 pm »
No1 likes emos, I am lucky there are only like 3 of them at my school, and no1 likes them and they get made fun of all the time. lolz. . . losers

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 04:10:13 pm »
Thats probably why they're emo...

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 12:22:06 am »
Isn't emo basically "goth-light"?
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 03:32:55 am »

No, emo is derived from from punk rock and hardcore. "Goth" isn't a musical genre, it's a general style. The music genre that goths tend to listen to tends to be metal - which isn't related to emo.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 03:36:06 am by Daxx »

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 03:56:12 am »

No, emo is derived from from punk rock and hardcore. "Goth" isn't a musical genre, it's a general style. The music genre that goths tend to listen to tends to be metal - which isn't related to emo.

I'd have to disagree there. I've seen goth referred to as a musical genre plenty of times. Emo isn't just a genre either, so far as I know,  it's a style and subculture of its own. Or a growing one at least. The goth movement also had early roots in punk. Members of both tend to whine a lot and wear too much make-up. From what I've seen there's definite similarities.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 04:10:25 am »
Emo is a genre of music. The subculture developed from that. See the wikipedia page.

Goth, however, isn't a musical style. Anyone who refers to it as such doesn't know what they're talking about.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 04:11:29 am »
Heh, no.

Metal has nothing to do with goth music, or at least, it didn't use to. It is a genre. Bauhaus and Siouxsie and the Banshees are both goth bands.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 04:14:10 am »
Heh, no.

Metal has nothing to do with goth music, or at least, it didn't use to. It is a genre. Bauhaus and Siouxsie and the Banshees are both goth bands.

You mean post-punk.

It isn't just metal (I left out the rest for simplicity). You have post-punk stuff (like that), cyber-, which is drifting into techno and electronica, then you have industrial, and you've got new wave as well.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 04:19:51 am by Daxx »

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 04:20:39 am »
So you'd consider techno and electronica to be seperate genres, but not goth and post-punk?

Okay, whatever...

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 04:25:12 am »
I don't consider goth a genre at all - CNR.

I consider goth to be a style which used to cover new wave and post-punk, and now incorporates elements of metal and techno-electronica as well.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 04:26:58 am »
WARNING, LONG RANT AHEAD

Here are my definitions, not of the music genre but of the "clique" or group of people associated with it.
lets get some things straight first
Gothic
Goth people do not always wear black
Not every1 that wears all black are gothic.
almost no goths want to kill themselves or any1 around them.
Alot of goths love vampires
Goths generally wear clothes from hot topic and hang out in groups. there are also a sube clique doesnt really have a name but they are gamer goths, they are like normal gothics, but a bit less social and more into games.
Emo
Emo guys and girls are diffrent. first of all, All emos are little winey ass bitches who dont have any friends. so they try to make them stand out so they will get noticed, but it doesnt work, it just makes them stand out so they can get made fun of, which they do. all the time. The guys wear womens clothing and makeup. Their only friends are other emos. most emos have tried to kill themselves multiple times. they tend wear braclets or fishnets to hide the cuts on their wrist.  alot of the time they are kids who wanted to be gothic, but wern't accepted. Emo guys are gay. alot of them play WoW, go ahead ask your guild if any of them are emo if you play the game. 
Emo girls on the other hand, would have to be the only reason to become emo in my opinion, they are the girls who like homosexual boys, and emo is as close to being homosexual without having sex with your same gender.  Alot of the times emo girls really attach themselves to their boyfriends and after a break up they lock themselves for days, dont eat, or try to kill themselves.
My ex-girlfriend was in the hospital for 2 weeks after I broke up with her.
Most emos generally have dyed hair. not all died, just a small patch, in patches, or multi colered. they always seem to have long bangs that cover one of their eyes.
so ya, I dont think that might help tell the diffrence between emo and goth, I know what the diffrence is but im not good at explaining. I hang out with both emos and goths, I am niether. the Gothic are by far the better crowd in my opinion, I am a metal head and goths have better music. sometimes me and my friend tony will listen to emo music and laugh because how gay it is.
That reminds me, mash pits, there are 2 types, the mash(also the circle mash), . . . and the gay ass emo ass "**** me in the ass" mash, in the normal mash pit its just people slaming into eachother in no order just having fun.  circle pit is kind of the same way, but there is traffic. every1 "hops" in a big oval, and if any1 gets close to you you kind of give them a shove, you want to aim them into oncoming traffic. head on collision means they guy he crashed into either stops or slows down, so the people behind him catch up and slam into him or puch him. there is always a big ring of people along the outside so if you get pushed outside of the mash, they will push you back in, unless you say something, or force your way out of it(A good example would be a Devil Driver Concert). these 2 types of mashes are fun, and I used to go mashing 5-6 times a month.  Emo mash on the other hand. . . . Gayest thing I have ever seen, its a bunch of emo ****s in a little area throwing punches or swinging their arms not paying attention to where they go. this way they can inflict pain on  themselves without them being the ones doing it. this type of mashing turned into "hardcore dancing" which although it is still stupid, isnt as bad. its still gay though.
So in conclusion. .
Goths = ok - cool
emos = little winey ass bitches who cry and slit their wrist.
who would you rather be?
the only reason there are so many emos, is because losers dont have any friends and they think that if they become emo then they will get friends. so they turn emo.
my Suggestions if you want to be a goth or emo
if you want to be a goth, go buy some black cloths, and wander around your closest mall until you find a group of mallrat goths and hang out with them. they tend to be a cool crowd.
If you want to be emo, go buy a knife and slit your wrist, but some pink braclet to cover up the cuts, and dont get caught stealing your little sisters pants.

END OF RANT
Trying not to have a Biased opinion but its so hard when emos are Sooo gay

that was a good rant, if I do say so myself

lol "Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post." so this post was ment to go 5 to 6 posts ago

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 05:35:32 am »
1. Your not suppose to post rants.

2. Its not a fair comparison because you are obviously biased.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 03:21:26 pm »
why arn't we suppose to post rants?
i guess im am kinda biased, but I really don't like emos.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2006, 06:13:48 am »
why arn't we suppose to post rants?
i guess im am kinda biased, but I really don't like emos.

Try reading the forum rules for once. I know you're too cool for rules, but give it a go.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2006, 02:01:35 pm »
I read them once, but a long long long time ago, so I didnt remember.

Offline jb7

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2006, 11:41:34 pm »
WARNING, LONG RANT AHEAD

Here are my definitions, not of the music genre but of the "clique" or group of people associated with it.
lets get some things straight first
Gothic
Goth people do not always wear black
Not every1 that wears all black are gothic.
almost no goths want to kill themselves or any1 around them.
Alot of goths love vampires
Goths generally wear clothes from hot topic and hang out in groups. there are also a sube clique doesnt really have a name but they are gamer goths, they are like normal gothics, but a bit less social and more into games.
Emo
Emo guys and girls are diffrent. first of all, All emos are little winey ass bitches who dont have any friends. so they try to make them stand out so they will get noticed, but it doesnt work, it just makes them stand out so they can get made fun of, which they do. all the time. The guys wear womens clothing and makeup. Their only friends are other emos. most emos have tried to kill themselves multiple times. they tend wear braclets or fishnets to hide the cuts on their wrist.  alot of the time they are kids who wanted to be gothic, but wern't accepted. Emo guys are gay. alot of them play WoW, go ahead ask your guild if any of them are emo if you play the game....blah blah blah(trying to not have a huge quote)
END OF RANT
Trying not to have a Biased opinion but its so hard when emos are Sooo gay

that was a good rant, if I do say so myself

lol "Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post." so this post was ment to go 5 to 6 posts ago

Have to love people who whine about people whining.

By the way, you may want to learn to spell out words such as "everyone" as opposed to "every1" and using a few more periods as opposed to so many commas. It tends to get harsh on the eyes. You may say that good puncuation and grammar may not matter on the internet, but it allows people to take your more seriously and read what you are posting alot easier.

Personally I would prefer to be in neither group, seeing as how everyone in this world is grouped into categories. Sounds like the majority of both groups need to get in touch with reality and stop believing vampirism is real and that cutting yourself is a healthy way of releasing angst.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2006, 04:04:44 am »
 :o
thats a good way of putting it.

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2006, 05:37:25 am »
Emo- spawned out of the D.C. punk and harcore scene, with bands like City of Catterpillar. This was true emo, and not the over-produced, MTV crap that they pull of as emo. *My Chemical Romance is not an emo band, they are just basic MTV mass-marketed music designed to comfort every adolescent who just lost a girlfriend...crap if you ask me. Listen to some real emo.

Goth-spawned out of the 80's punk scene, along with psychobilly and many more. Goth, identified by its darker moods, is still not metal. Goth is a genre and a subculture, like punk, ska, psychobilly, emo, hardcore, etc. Modern goth acts are bands like Theatre of Tragedy, Within Temptation, London After Midnight. Goth can often have electronica influences as well...

So now that you guys quit acting like your in middle school, just realize that music is music, and people are people, and everyones different. Just judge if someone is a free thinker, not if they are an emo or goth kid. Oh and one more thing, stop calling emo kids, "emos".

*This is tooma125 ending your radio broadcast for this evening. Good night, and God bless.*

Offline jb7

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2006, 07:04:48 am »
So now that you guys quit acting like your in middle school, just realize that music is music, and people are people, and everyones different. Just judge if someone is a free thinker, not if they are an emo or goth kid. Oh and one more thing, stop calling emo kids, "emos".

NEVER!

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2006, 01:01:22 pm »
I just can't stand it when people listen to every lie they're fed through the television screen, and follow fads which weren't even made up by themselves. Things like, myspace, and mtv. Or sayings like "I'm so emo." or kids saying "He's punk, he's emo, she's goth." Quit being such a "tool"...

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2006, 03:04:01 pm »
So... what do people think of the band?

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2006, 11:18:11 pm »
This thread has gotten really off topic.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2006, 11:40:34 pm »
Guys....DZ tried to bring the topic back to on topic-ness.

What is going on here?
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2006, 12:53:03 am »
Guys....DZ tried to bring the topic back to on topic-ness.

What is going on here?

That's true, Damned_Zombie tried to bring this back on topic. :o :o

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2006, 03:45:20 am »
its been on topic,
you see My Chemical Romance = Emo band,
so we were talking about emos,
I guess thats a bit off topic, but at least its still in the ballpartk, right?
and any1 who says My Chemical Romance isn't emo,
 you should be shot, . . . 5 times. . in the face.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2006, 05:05:49 am »
I don't really think they're technically emo. They're just ****.

But the two words have become synonymous, so...

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2006, 05:26:47 am »
its been on topic,

MCR is what MTV tries to pass off as "emo", but probably not true to the actual original genre. They're just absolutely dire pop-punk with lyrics about cutting yourself. Which of course is what these days is associated with "emo".

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2006, 01:21:05 pm »
its the new age emo genre, emo used to be associated with a diffrent type of music. but its not anymore, so you can sit there and say ohh they arnt emo, emo is a diffrent type of music, no, emo USED to be a diffrent type of music.
this is the new emo

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2006, 11:35:35 am »
its been on topic,

MCR is what MTV tries to pass off as "emo", but probably not true to the actual original genre. They're just absolutely dire pop-punk with lyrics about cutting yourself. Which of course is what these days is associated with "emo".

Agreed...

Offline Kenaz

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Now with 20% more blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2006, 12:39:42 pm »
Ugh, My chemical romance is horrible IMO.
"I thought Pink Floyd was a brand of grills." - 762
One of the many intellectual discussions in Gabbly Chat.

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2007, 09:26:19 pm »
I Love My Chemical Romance. I dont see why you guys hate them. They play great, they sound great. Besides, by the ways you guys make it sound is that they are the worst band ever!
I Want Patience, and I Want It NOW!

Peskitoriantais - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5046.0
Violandro - http://violandro.myminicity.com/

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2007, 12:36:07 am »
I don't know anyone my age who's serious about their music who likes them. Then again, mine is the generation which thought Blink 182 and Linkin Park were awesome when they were younger.

I think it's one of those things where you like certain bands when you're younger because they're mainstream and poppy and marketed to you, and you don't know any better.

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2008, 09:19:51 pm »
Well, i relate with the music/lyrics. You got to listen to everything as a whole, not just the beat of the song...
I Want Patience, and I Want It NOW!

Peskitoriantais - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5046.0
Violandro - http://violandro.myminicity.com/