Author Topic: Will Wright’s next “secret” project  (Read 25397 times)

gec05

Re: Will Wright’s next “secret” project
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2008, 05:58:54 pm »
My guess is that he is making some kind of sequel to Spore, whether directly or indirectly, and putting in it the "science version" that we all wanted.

I bet you it is not even remotely related to Spore. The guy has a much wider imagination than that.

Offline IamMe

• Gorf Goon
  • +200 Points!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2008, 06:03:18 pm »
Why do all of you think it's going to be about aliens? Spore was the only game he made that was about aliens. Every other game he made was about humans or animals or earth creatures.

SimCity?
The Sims?
SimAnimal? (That one's not out yet though...)

And then Spore.

It's almost like half of the gamingsteve population only knows Will Wright for making Spore and that's it.

My first computer game was SimCity (dunno the version though, really old one). I own legal copies of all Maxis games too <_<

Oh no, don't think that I was targeting people individually. I was just making an observation, not really being serious. ;)

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2008, 06:50:14 am »
well, the last decade or so , it looks like will has next to nothing to do with a game once he makes the first iteration (ext, he made the first sims, but a seperate studio made the sims 2 and expansions while he worked on spore)

so i think there is some studeo working on the expansions for spore right now, but will probably doesn't have much to do with it. he's making something new i think.
Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2008, 08:41:50 am »
Maybe he's remaking Raid on Bungeling Bay?
the real saviour of this forum

Offline AlfredO

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2008, 11:18:06 am »
So it's legitimate, but "real-time strategy" is the familiar term, to contrast with "turn-based strategy" (chess).
Better example would be Civilization IV since "turn-based strategy" is a video gaming term.

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2008, 01:56:58 pm »

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2008, 02:24:30 pm »
Anyway, I think Will's next game will be some sort of MMO. 
I draw this conclusion based on the interview where Will talks about a story where a man buys milk for a single mother because the computer on his belt told him too.
He seemed fascinated with the idea of facilitating player interaction.  His best avenue for this would be a MMO with player made missions and rewards.
That's my guess.
Still my guess.

Merge.

Offline Jagon

• Battlezone Captain
  • Pochemu ludi pischut pa Ruskimu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2008, 02:32:29 pm »
Sims Online 2 or some other MMO, too much money to be made

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2008, 02:33:57 pm »
Sims Online 2 or some other MMO, too much money to be made

Why's everyone think it's an MMO?

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2008, 03:59:35 pm »
Because MMO's are the new black. Who knows, it could be "Sim Sim" "Sim Fun" "Flight Sim" "Train Sim" "Car Sim" "Sims 3" "Sim Life" "Suim Death" "Sim Caveman" (I wonder how that story is coming along). Maybe he could pull oneof the better parts and stages of Spore and build on it alot like the creature phase, and just build heaps into that and making it all about your creature and realy surviving in the wild. Maybe "Sim Wild".

We know now that hes seen people Looooooooooooooooove the editors in spore, theyre so easy and fun to use. So he's probably gonna put sumthing like that in a new game. After all he spent 10 years developing it, it would be senseless to let it go to waste.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2008, 04:20:37 pm »
If he does go the MMO route and takes the awesome strength and ease-of-use of the editors, he and whatever crack team he chooses for this project could make a collaborative online space where players could make whole worlds for each other, from D&D-like campaigns, to places where small clutches of friends could get together and hang out, or maybe an area where gearheads get together and craft vehicles and tracks to race them on.

Maybe something like Second Life in that sense, except with procedural techniques (rather than telling the computer to download everything) and a welcome lack of overzealous capitalism andan equally welcome lack of equally overzealous cyber-bonking.  :P
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline ProfPendragon

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Enigma University Life Sciences Experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2008, 04:38:39 pm »
Hm. An MMO with the freedom of Spore's editors to alter your little corner of the galaxy, and respawn yourself as various critters with the parts you've collected sounds like it has possibilities.  Opportunities for PvP, PvE (campeign against the Grox), etc. abound.  It'd be sort of like Second Life, only with structure... and generally better. >.>  Yeah, I went there.  
Spore ID: ProfPendragon

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2008, 07:35:36 pm »
Judging by that story...
How about an internet site where you post real-life tasks and other people earn points by proving to the task-assigner that they did them (ie through photographs?)  And there could be some game built in, maybe where you use the points for something.
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline Myshuno

• Zork Emperor
  • WAHOOOO!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2008, 07:40:17 pm »
Hm. An MMO with the freedom of Spore's editors to alter your little corner of the galaxy, and respawn yourself as various critters with the parts you've collected sounds like it has possibilities.  Opportunities for PvP, PvE (campeign against the Grox), etc. abound.  It'd be sort of like Second Life, only with structure... and generally better. >.>  Yeah, I went there.  

Thats what like half of the people thought spore was going to be when it was like first heard of in like 2005. it would be cool but youd have to be on all the time or else it like wouldnt make sense. In the time you were gone, so much stuff couldve happened that wouldve made it confusing

Judging by that story...
How about an internet site where you post real-life tasks and other people earn points by proving to the task-assigner that they did them (ie through photographs?)  And there could be some game built in, maybe where you use the points for something.

no
Right on

Offline rundini

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2008, 11:05:01 pm »
A musics-game, with the whole business.. A  GarageBand-part to make the music (depending pn hpw gppd musicians and instruments, this would change, people from all over the world judging it, you have to choose how to sell it ect. ect..

I just fear it would be too much text-based..