Author Topic: The NEW Superpower RP - Part III  (Read 142282 times)

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
Re: The NEW Superpower RP - Part III
« Reply #285 on: December 29, 2008, 06:16:50 pm »
"Yes, come." Jordan looked at Marty, and whispered hoarsely through clenched teeth.

"Don't kill them, they are but fools." Rates pulled out his knockout canister once more and sprayed it liberally over the remaining guards. "Come, come," he said, motioning down the hall.

Moving quickly along poorly lit corridors, the doctor moved to find a hall marked by a dark gray lining above ground level, which signified a path towards the main terminal of the facility. He made a glance backward. "Fulton, if you're nearby, as I suspect you are, I'd appreciate you sticking around." He paused for response momentarily, then turned back down the tunnel.

There were no signs of guards just yet. The chemical pouch around Jordan's waist made another appearance, as he injected a small cocktail of boosters into his forearm.

"It's probably in our best interests to uh," he pulled out the needle, "wait for Sally and the others to get inside. Sparky should be able to handle herself."

He held up the syringe to his two companions. "Booster?"
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 07:44:37 pm by Brandonazz »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #286 on: December 29, 2008, 06:28:01 pm »
Fulton was off on his own in another part of the lab area and could not hear Jordan's request.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 29, 2008, 06:30:28 pm »
Fletchings waited inside the door to the terminal chamber.  Where else would these interlopers be going?  As he listened to the sound of guards being dispatched approaching the com panel behind him buzzed to life, issuing the voice of a lab technician.  "Sir, it's Samuel.  He's wondering if he and project Eden may be of assistance?"

"Thank Samuel for his offer," Fletchings replied, slicking his gray hair back with one hand, "but I believe I'm quite capable of handling this on my own."  He frowned at the door as voices drifted across.  Preparing?  No, he didn't think so.  He walked slowly to the door before raping a knuckle across it.  The steel frame was torn out of the wall and sent flying at the interlopers.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #288 on: December 29, 2008, 07:09:02 pm »
Fulton peeked into a small office that was set apart from the lab area and made his way inside. There was a computer terminal nearby.

"Hey, computer!" he said softly to himself "Let's see what's going on here."

He sat down at the terminal, still invisible, and began snooping around.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #289 on: December 30, 2008, 02:47:30 am »
"Look out!", a voice interposed from beside Marty. It was Zeth.

He quickly sprang in front of Jordan and spread his feet to form a wide base of support. Zeth reached towards his back and pulled out a substantially large blade which he promptly dragged in front of the large projectile's path. As the frame moved through the air, it produced a very heavy sound that rippled across the passageway. With a spark, the blade made contact with the steel frame, Zeth's hand supporting the sword from it's other, blunt edge. The force of the impact pushed Zeth several steps backward and split the steel frame in half, casting it's pieces off to the sides of the tunnel.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 09:07:24 am by Yuu »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 30, 2008, 02:58:56 am »
"Yeah, thanks" said Broadside, rolling his eyes as he raised one massive arm and sent the now rather sharp shards of door back where they came from on erratically spinning trajectories.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 30, 2008, 05:07:27 am »
Saladin had been charging up during this all. Once the euphoria had settled in, it was time to roll. He took a large piece of concrete and threw it at some guards. Noticing Broadside shooting sharp shards, he decided to do the same. He picked up another big piece of concrete and threw it after the shards. Feeling weak again, Saladin duck for cover and shot at the guards with his rifle while recharging himself.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 30, 2008, 10:57:43 am »
I can't leave you guys alone for one minute without you getting into trouble, can I?

Dashing down the corridor in her usual acrobatic style, Sparky caught up with the rest of the group. Catching onto the back of Broadside's armour, she swung herself up to sit on one of his broad shoulders. She was halfway through a dramatic gesture to hurl a bolt of lightning down the corridor when she suddenly froze.

You're not Doctor Christings! Who are you?
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 30, 2008, 11:31:17 am »
"No," Fletchings responded as he reduced the flying concrete to a collection of pebbles, "Christings is a genius and, as such, must be restrained.  New Mana employs many such individuals, and I'm here to make sure they don't screw up too badly, or clean up their messes when they do.  It's mostly a bureaucratic position," he casually yanked a shard of the door from his chest and waited for the wound to seal itself before going on, "but it does have it's perks."

He regarded them for a moment before tossing the shard aside.  Perhaps this didn't have to end entirely wastefully.  "That's my purpose here.  What's yours?"
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #294 on: December 30, 2008, 11:47:02 am »
"Stupid thing..." Fulton mumbled, walking away from the blank blue screen of the computer terminal.

He headed back through the lab and cautiously made his way toward the source of the previous ruckus.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 30, 2008, 01:27:35 pm »
Well, Sparky broadcast her thoughts as she slipped gently down off Broadside's shoulder. I'm here to destroy your organisation and all your experiments before they can hurt any more innocent people. She dropped into a crouching combat stance, waiting for the moment to launch into action.

You haven't been doing your job very well.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #296 on: December 30, 2008, 02:06:10 pm »
Jordan frowned.

"I don't suppose you're going to tell us where the little bastard is now, are you?"

Offline Neoteric

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 30, 2008, 02:32:56 pm »
Ethan stood to the side of Broadside, alert and prepared for a fight. He had found during his time with the mercenaries that alongside the big guy was the safest place on the battlefield for him to be. His magic took a second or two to use, too long if you're under fire.

He turned to Fletchings, a scrap of paper grasped tightly in his hand, the rune on which was ready to be activated at a moment's notice.

"See, if you don't tell us, either we make you talk or we tear this whole place down to find him."

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 30, 2008, 03:16:54 pm »
Broadside shut his eyes and concentrated, extending the reach of his power through the walls and floor. The tile around fletchings shattered as pipes and structural elements burst from the floor and formed a jagged fence to cut off, or at least slow down any attempts at escape.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 01, 2009, 08:18:34 am »
Fletchings sighed and gripped one of the pipes in both hands.  "Do you have names?"  He asked as he wrenched the length of metal out of the ground, "I hate leaving that space blank on death certificates, it always seems so impersonal."  He threw the pipe towards the interlopers before grasping the two that had been beside it and prying them outward.

Christings sighed as he exited the conference room.  Neither politicians nor CEOs were supposed to be that savvy.  One hundred and fifty Amalgams free up front, discount on further purchase of the same, and negotiable terms on any future products.  Still, he tried to look on the bright side.  Daren Marstems bore a grudge towards the others, something they would keep in mind when they found out he had acquired a large portion of the weapon's stock.  Particularly since Amalgams weren't exactly defensive in nature.

Ah, the wonders of escalation and arms races, he thought as he walked along, it's almost like old times, without the creepy agents-  He was cut off when he bumped into something or, more accurately, nothing.  "Ah, Dr. Song, how is-"  Didn't we discontinue invisibility research?  "-The cloak coming?"  He went on without skipping a beat, "come, walk with me, I have a meeting with Samuel soon."  He lifted a communicator to his ear, careful to listen to the unseen man's footsteps over the conversation, "Samuel, would you care to come to Lab Block C?"

"Of course, doctor.  May I bring Eden?"

"Yes, go ahead and bring them down too."

"All the way down?  To Lab C, I mean."

"Yes.  All the way down."

Samuel inhaled sharply as the facility's computer, picking up on Christings coded instructions, shut down his inhibitors.  The children around him gave similar responses.  With their new clearance they left the containment wing.  "Faith, Terrance, and Louis will come with me," Samuel instructed, "Raph and Des, take care of the terminal."  They couldn't leave the facility yet, but it was definitely a start.