Author Topic: The NEW Superpower RP - Part III  (Read 142281 times)

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Superpower RP - Part III
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2008, 08:49:13 pm »
He shook his head again, more out of protecting this poor fellow than lack of information. The last thing he needed was more guilt.

"Should leave... They'll search the oasis for any more attackers."

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2008, 08:52:04 pm »
"Hah!" Geoffrey laughed "That was Delilah, she works for my Dad, Flavian Brady, maybe you've heard of him."

The sound of a helicopter could be heard in the distance.

"Yeah... you've heard of him. That's him coming to find me and kill me." Geoffrey said, still laughing "Well, maybe he'll kill you first. I don't think he'd want anyone taking away the honor of killing me from him. Unless, no... do you think you can beat him? Can you beat dear old Daddy?"

Geoffrey's laughter bordered on the insane as he continued messing with his captor.

"I'm keeping the ring though!" he said, abruptly becoming serious "He's never going to get it... he'll search and search and he'll never ever find it. That's what he gets! So what are you going to do now!? Better make a choice!"

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2008, 08:54:25 pm »
Jack nodded before scurrying off on all fours, checking at blinkspeed to make sure noone was following him.
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2008, 09:40:51 pm »
Andrew remained silent until Brady left.  He simply didn't have anything to say to the man.  Once the chopper had taken off he walked over to Marty, rubbing the arm that had taken the brunt of his attack.  "The little twerp took off at least an inch and a half," he mumbled to no one, in a tone that didn't convey any anger.  With a nudge of his foot he flipped Marty over on to his back.  "Hey, I think the kid's waking up."
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Neoteric

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2008, 09:42:11 pm »
"You... Damn it!" Ethan uttered, clearly frustrated.

Dropping Geoffrey, he stood up and ran his hand through his hair.

"You should go. Now."

Hoping he made the right decision, Ethan walked over and scooped up the rest of the rings. It would be better than going back with nothing. He placed the case in his pocket, unclipped his walkie-talkie again and began to walk back towards the convoy. He tilted his head towards the boy with the robot as he passed.

"You probably ought to follow me if you value your life. You do not want to cross Flavian Brady out here. Or anywhere, really."

He continued his walk back to the convoy, trying to think of what he was going to say to Sally.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2008, 10:05:27 pm »
Marty's eyes were already open as he was flipped over, locking onto the clay man's face.  "You're lucky your boss dropped me when she did." he said with a glare.  “Any closer and I could’ve taken the whole thing off.”

Successful mouth test complete, though his extremities were still numb.  Ah well, at least he could get a few words in before the behemoth stepped on his head.  So this was how it was gonna end, huh?  Shame, though he did put up a decent fight, and most of the gang got away, so there was that. 

But then again, if they wanted him dead, shouldn’t he already be done?  He couldn't help wondering why Command went with a non-lethal blow.  He knew she could have killed him there if she wanted to.  So it boiled down to either a desire to torture him, interrogate him, or recruit him, all of which were options that Marty wasn’t particularly pleased about.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2008, 06:37:10 am »
Crap. CRAP.

Alex couldn't lose Harland just like this, he would have to follow him, but the cave... the cave would be dark. Dark meant no sunlight... meaning... No magic.

Everything was going wrong, there would only be one thing for it.

"Excuse me? Hello? Someone here?"

Alex had returned to his human form, and as quickly as possible, shoved dirt and sand all over his face and clothes, tearing his shirt for an added effect. He checked to make sure his brand wasn't visible through his sleeve, then entered the house.

"Holy cow... This is... odd..." Alex hoped his act would be convincing. If not, he could just kill Harland on the spot. He stepped down into the cave.

"Hello? I'm so sorry, I didn't know anyone was staying here, I was just squatting... Should I apologize for the mess I made in the kitchen?"
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2008, 08:44:19 am »
Midday had past and Saladin was ready to go. He breathed in and breathed out, the air growing colder with every whiff he took. He felt very alive. He picked up the the backpack and swung it over on his back. He kept breathing in and out, every breath growing louder. The energy running through him felt ecstatic, he adored the sensation every single time. His muscles became tense and he started running... Running faster than an antelope, faster than a cheetah, the speed given to him as if it was given by divine intervention. His huffing got heavier and heavier... He had to pause for a minute and catch his breath. He looked on his compass and his watch. His compass told him to go east.

After an hour of walking and running, he arrived in the local settlement. "Ah, Saladin! Kayfa halluk?!" said a familiar voice. "Khalil! How are you? Just speak English, people might think we're talking about them!"

"How much for 5 bottles of water, and some chicken?" Saladin asked. "For you my friend, only 19 dollars!" the merchant smiled. "Seems like a reasonable price. Do you know if anyone needs some errands? I'm running out of money."

"Talk to the hooded guy over there, he has been asking people, but so far everyone declined."

Saladin walked over to the man. As soon as he heard Saladin coming, he turned towards him: "What do you want? Make it quick."
Saladi, noticed the man was relatively old. He had gray hair and a hooked nose.
"I heard you wanted some errands to be run?"
"Excellent... Here, this note has all the information you need. Farewell". The man left, with suprising agility.

Saladin was left behind with the note in his hands.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2008, 09:11:52 am »
"You're on the watch list, whatever your name is" said Command to Marty, pulling something that looked like a glue gun or some sort of medical applicator from her belt and jabbing it into his arm.

"Someone with your powers running with raiders is a waste, and moreover a shift in power balance we don't need. Now the way I see it, you've got several options. You can go out there and make a go of it on your own in a more honest line of work, or maybe Dr Rates here can find some use for you, hell, try to catch up with the Helicopter and see if Brady can give you a job. Of course, you could just ignore the warnings and go back to being a bandit and riding with the other scum, but rest assured with that tracker in your arm, we'll find out and come down on you like a ton of bricks."

She left him to mull it over for a while and signaled for the mercenaries to retake their positions in the convoy and wait for Ethan to return.

Rick turned gently on the creaky old mattress that served as his bed. He mumbled quietly and dreamed slithering, squirming dreams.

Outside, unnoticed by anyone, the sand around the doodles he had made in the sand quietly ignited and fused into glass.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 09:14:37 am by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2008, 09:15:54 am »
Harland stopped at the sound of another voice in the cave. Tapping his cane on the ground as he turned, he shined his light towards the new arrival.

"You're not the eccentric... is there something I could help you with, stranger?"
Virus Buster.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2008, 09:20:29 am »
Alex held up his arm to shield his eyes from the light.

"Do you mind? That's really bright!"

Harland dropped the torch.

"No, I'm not "the" eccentric... It was under my impression that this place was abandoned. What are you doing here? What is this cave?"
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2008, 09:39:20 am »
Geoffrey pulled himself up to his feet as the helicopter neared. He began a pained run, his legs were hurting him, but stopped after only a few seconds. Something small was poking out of the sand in front of him. It was made of wood, highly peculiar for the middle of a desert. He hastily reached down and scooped it up before continuing his retreat. Geoffrey looked at it as he ran down a large hill. It was another ring. He was growing tired of them. This one was different though, it had hundreds of tiny symbols written across the inner and outer band and felt warm in his hand. He decided to hang onto it.

The helicopter flew low across the ground near the shack and Flavian stepped out onto the ground. He walked across the goat pasture and up to the shack's doorway. There was nothing inside, save for a lone sleeping man. He didn't seem like anyone important so Flavian left. The helicopter did a wide circle before coming back down and picking up Flavian. Geoffrey was nowhere to be seen. They headed home.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2008, 09:44:06 am »
With the threat of Raven Company coming down on his gang, there was no way Marty could go back, not at this point anyway.  He also wasn’t to keen on become some doctor’s assistant.  What little he had heard of Brady wasn’t all that glamorous, but the possibility was open.  As much as he hated to admit it, his best chances were with the Raven Company.  Decent action, reliable income, it definitely sounded do-able.

Letting out a long sigh, he sat up and looked over to where Command had strode, barking orders to the team.  Mustering up the courage to commit to this decision, he quickly blurted out, “Oi!  Command!  That is what they call you isn’t it?” He paused for a moment.

“Raven Company hiring?” 
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2008, 10:02:12 am »
"Your guess is as good as mine. Anyway, if you want to rest, go ahead, I'm sure she won't mind. I'll finish up down here and see myself out, don't worry about me." Harland finished and turned around but stopped for a moment, "You might want to clean up after yourself, I'm not sure how receptive she is of guests."

Harland started to walk deeper into the cave, his lamp lighting the way.
Virus Buster.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2008, 10:21:43 am »
"Well, as luck would have it, our newest member just went Awol. Congratulations, you're the new Rookie. If you still want to work for us after all the crap you're going to get put through then you've got what it takes. " said replied command, clapping Marty on the back. "Of course, you're not going to be doing much of anything until we get you back to base. Deadeye, first sign of something funny, shoot him in the head."

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.