Author Topic: The NEW Superpower RP - Part III  (Read 142283 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Superpower RP - Part III
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2008, 07:02:47 pm »
As Flavian and his guards entered the truck, the doors gently closed behind them.

"Please, don't be alarmed" said a voice with odd harmonics.
It had an oddly distant quality, despite being perfectly audible. As if dissolving out of thin air a man, or perhaps just the image of a man appeared before them. He seemed somehow thin, and smudged, and his colours lacked saturation, like a poorly take photograph. His style of dress was anachronistic even by current standards on Obano, and his face was too indistinct to make out.

"The word which is on the tip of your tongue, I think, is ghost" he said genially. "If I were solid, I would shake your hand. My name is Octavius Pleasant, and I am nominally the leader of the undead community as it exists on this continent. I say nominally because as such it does not exist, not yet."
He paused for a moment. To let his words sink in.
"I believe you mentioned a piece of property you believed to be rightfully yours?"

The goats scattered as one of their number fell dead, riddled with bullets.
"Well now look what you went and did!" yelled Rick, seething. His life up until now hadn't had much cause for anger, and as such he hadn't really got used to it. Raising his shotgun he fired at Geoffry, a cloud of rock salt knocking him down and covering his face in tiny stinging cuts. The case fell open and more than a dozen rings scattered onto the gritty earth.
"Now you just get away from me, you hear!?" he yelled, brining the butt of the gun down on Geoff's flank as he lay dazed on the ground. It wasn't as hard as Rick could hit, and even if it was, his gangly limbs couldn't muster much strength, but it would surely leave a bruise.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 09:00:06 am by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2008, 07:14:53 pm »
"Gah! Y-you bastard!" Geoffrey stammered "Where is it!? Where is it!?"

He rolled onto his stomach and pulled himself away. As he went he looked across the ground for a ring. He realized that he didn't know which one he was looking for. A bright shiny gold ring sat in the sand in front of him. It was the most valuable-looking ring of the lot, it had to be the one.

"F-f-fine!" Geoffrey yelled, grabbing the ring and clenching his fist "Fine..."

Flavian walked up to the Octavius and looked him over. He reached into his pocket and pulled out an old manila file folder with the letters "JLR" written in fading ink. Thoughtfully, Flavian held the folder open in front of Octavius so that he could read the details about the ring.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2008, 07:29:48 pm »
The ghost looked as though he was reading the folder, though it was difficult to tell. He finally seemed to reach a conclusion.
"While you don't appear to have any specific claim to that particular trinket, I don't think its dangerous enough for it to be of any consequence were I to offer it to you as a gesture of... goodwill. I intend to establish interests on this continent and I believe a man in your position would be a wonderful contact. Should you require anything in the future, you may find me at Century's Rest. The ring is yours, provided it is recovered. I think thats all for now, I shan't detain you further. The truck doors opened again and the sunlight flooding in rendered the specter somewhat indistinct. He waved farewell with an arm as visible as a wisp of smoke.

Rick took a few deep breaths through gritted teeth as Geoffry ran off clutching his prize. Regaining his composure, he stooped to look at the scattered rings. Rick had never seen jewelry before, or if he had, he couldn't remember it, so nothing about the scattered collection struck him as odd, despite the fact he saw them very differently to the average onlooker. One caught his eye in particular, a dull pewter band. He picked it up delicately and turned it over in his hand, sticking a finger in his ear and waggling it as a faint whispering started on the edge of his hearing. There was a little snake carved onto the band, Rick thought it looked cute. It flicked its tongue and crawled out of the ring and burrowed into his flesh, though it caused no pain and left no wound.
Then Rick went to lie down inside for a bit, the heat was making him lightheaded.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2008, 07:53:43 pm »
Nicolas had moved deeper into the oasis as soon as the fighting had started. Not too deep, though; this place certainly wasn't somewhere to spend the night. Though he couldn't see the battle with his eyes, he had watched as the lifelights flicked about in combat. He caught glimpses of intents, and had the vague idea that whatever the trucks had been carrying had been important. Not to him, of course, as very few things slotted into that category. The helecopter had startled him, and made him briefly reconcider his position, but chose to stay put. Firstly, he was curious about this exchange. Secondly, he wasn't about to test how well his hiding was with so many armed people around...

So he listened and watched...

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2008, 08:04:06 pm »
Jack sat from yet another improvised bush shelter.  This person was waiting, listening and watching.  Jack hadn't expected someone this deep into the oasis.  Jack absentimindedly forgot about the waiting man for a few fractions of a second before realizing.  The person was listening and watching him.  In a literal split second Jack decided not to hide.  The person certainly wasn't armed by just a cursory scan of his body.  Jack let out a stuttering whisper.  "Wh-who are you?"
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2008, 08:07:49 pm »
Marty grunted softly into the sand as Command nudged him with her foot.  Slowly the fuzziness clouding his mind began to lift as he remembered what just happened.  He wasn't sure whether he should pissed that they took him down so easily, or happy to still be alive.

Slowly, he tried to get up, but realized that his limbs weren’t responding.  Sighing softly, he resigned to lay still for the time being, face down in the sand, and listen in on what was going on around him.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Neoteric

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2008, 08:09:09 pm »
Ethan stood, watching the scene. Grimacing slightly as Geoffrey was shot, he waited until he had grabbed the loose ring and began to run, then jumped and grabbed him, knocking him to the ground once again.

"Look, Geoffrey. I just want to talk. If you try to run again without answering my questions, though, don't think I won't set you on fire. Because if you try to run, I'll set you on fire. Is that clear?"

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2008, 08:17:47 pm »
Kevin slid to a stop near the shack and looked on as someone tackled someone else before clearing his throat.  "Um, sorry to interrupt, but who here is the good guy?  Ced get's a little jumpy around gun fire and I'd like to make sure he doesn't attack the wrong person."  Beside him, the robot rotated it's sensor dome, examining the scene in detail and occasionally shifting it's weight or flexing a claw.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2008, 08:22:09 pm »
He whipped around at the sound of the voice, his bone-white mask catching dapples of sunlight filtering through the trees. He knew he had pushed his luck by staying in one place for so long, especially with people on edge, looking for any new danger. Growling quietly at his own foolishness, he lightly probed the man's ?jack? mind. He found no intent of violence, and decided to answer this observant fellow's question.

"Nicolas..." he whispered in simmilar tone to the stranger. His voice was raspy from disuse, dry as the desert he'd just hiked through. The effect was rather creepy in the relative silence of the deep oasis.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2008, 08:23:25 pm »
"Ugh..." Geoffrey spat as the Raven Company crony stood over him "Why don't you shove it up your ass?"

Flavian bowed to Octavius and left the back of the truck. He looked over at Sally and gave her a respectful nod. Flavian and his bodyguards walked away from the convoy toward the place where their helicopter had landed. Delilah was sitting on the sand nearby.

"Mr. Brady... I'm sorry abou-" she stopped as Flavian raised his hand to her.

"If Delilah is correct..." the female bodyguard began "and Geoffrey did take the rings..."

"Perhaps he was the one we saw running in the desert on the way over." the male bodyguard finished.

"Leave it to the Madisons to state the obvious." Delilah spat.

Flavian pointed at the helicopter and they all piled in. The large machine lifted off and raced toward the shack.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2008, 08:23:57 pm »
Harland went through the whole shack not finding anything of interest. Seeing a crow perched outside a window, he rapped on the window with the handle of his cane.

"Shoo, shoo, there's no food for you here." before turning back for one last look around, "Now if I wanted to hide something, where would I put it..."

Walking back into the small study, he inspects a mostly inconspicuous bookshelf. Looking through the titles on the shelves, he spotted one of interest:

Obano; A False Continent

Pulling the book from its spot, he opens it and looks through it. The book turned out to be too dry even for Harland's tastes, going more into detail of the governmental procedures leading up to the creation of Obano rather than the meaning of a continent made entirely by man. Sliding the book back into place, Harland heard a faint click. A few floorboards moved away to reveal a hidden staircase. Pulling out a satchel, Harland produces a small lamp and descends the staircase to a dark cave under the house. Stepping off the last step with a gentle splash, Harland looks down and sees a flow of fetid water flowing underfoot to locations unknown. Bringing the light back up, he starts exploring the cave.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 12:34:11 am by Yossitaru »
Virus Buster.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2008, 08:27:40 pm »
The response was refreshing; as far as he could tell this was the closest he had gotten to making a reconnection with the ailing human society yet.  Jack saw that this man, "Nicholas" obviously meant him no harm.  "Do you know- do you know what this battle is?  Because I certainly don't."
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2008, 08:33:42 pm »
He canted his head to one side, mulling over not the purpose of the battle, but whether he should go and find out. Not probing the fighter's minds ruled out.

"Figthing over resourses; food, machines, gold..." he continued to whisper. He trailed off, then shook his head, signifying he knew no more.

Offline Neoteric

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2008, 08:43:48 pm »
Ethan sighed. The Rookie wasn't being cooperative, and having company here would just make this more difficult. He tightened his grip on Geoffrey's collar and turned to the new arrival.

"We've both already been attacked today and we don't really need to be a second time. He ran off with something and I want to ask him why."

He took a second to calm himself down and turned back to face Geoffrey.

"Ok. Who was the woman on the bike, why did she want the ring and why the hell did you run off with it?"

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2008, 08:45:53 pm »
A moment of silence passed.

"Which side was the attackers, and which side was attacked?  I know that I'll defend anyone who needs it so long as they don't steal things."