Author Topic: Playstation Home  (Read 2585 times)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
Playstation Home
« on: December 11, 2008, 11:38:22 am »
Woo Playstation Home is out today!.... To bad the Playstation Network is down and no one can download Home. Ooops  :-\

I'm not to terrible excited about Home, I was interested in at least checking it out, looks like we'll all have to wait a little bit longer.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 12:20:02 pm by ilikesanta »

I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation Home - it's out, sorta...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 04:44:03 pm »
My cousin went to play GTA 4 last night but the download for home started up. Oh well drag out the Wii for some SBB.

Offline jorum

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 04:51:33 pm »
Anyone know any of the features of home??? (Im new and have only "Heard Of It")

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 12:34:13 pm »
I finally got it downloaded last night but things still aren't running smoothly.

You start off And you need to make an Avatar, there seems to be a robust face making machine and if you want to make a perfect digital copy of yourself you probably could. Then there is the clothing options. If you were disappointed by the NXE 10 shirt options then you'll love Home's 5 shirt options. Hopefully there will be some free cloths to download later.

So then you appear in your apartment which looks nice except for the boring furniture. It has a nice view of the sea, but when you look at it longer then five seconds you realize how static it is expect for some seagulls flying overhead. So first thing I tried to do was go to a different area. Hit start and a phone device pops in front of you and you can select an area to go to. I selected the central plaza, but if it's your first time going anywhere you have to download it first. the central plaza is only 77mb but it still took a while for it to download. The nice thing is you can download it in the background and run around where aver you are.

So as I waited I decided to stack my furniture or I should say make a pile out of it. I later discovered that you have a chair, you can put like 10 copies of that one chair in your house. There might be a cap but I'm might try building a fort with a bunch of sofas later. So The Plaza was finally downloaded and I went into it, where I was greeted by a bunch of ghost. Penny Arcade covers it well in there comic(watch out for swearing.) Also they have a good blog post on it.

So I try to to a emocon and I get kicked off of PSN. Oy, I log back on and I load up home and I start off in the Central Plaza (as appose to my home) which is a nice feature. I wander around, dace, see peoples bodies finally fill in. I get bored of this and try to goto the theater. I walk up to the door and a screen pops up telling me I need to download the theater, but the screen won't load all the way. Let me say this again, The screen that allows me to download the theater won't load.

I give up on that and thought maybe I might have better luck if I download it form my "home" I pull up My PDA but I don't see my "home" on the map, (it could be hidden somewhere else) so I tried walking into the front door and the screen went all fuzzy, like it was going to load, and then nothing happens. It just sits there and I just eventually shut down my PS3.

Some of this could be because my wireless connection might not be the greatest but still it shouldn't be this bad. I feel like I'm on a 56k modem. Can't say i'm to impressed at the moment, even if everything was running smoothly I can't find anything to be excited about.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 02:20:59 pm »
Smooth for me. Bowling and pool are fun.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 03:44:37 am »
Yeah after I wrote that I noticed my internets goin g really slow, restarted my modem and then checked home and it seemed to be running  smoother. When I have time I'll try checking things out more.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation Home
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 12:27:57 pm »
Sorta Necro Bump Double post FTW!!!

Home is now less terrible because there is now something interesting to do! It's called Xi. It just started and they give you little quest like find 3 pieces of paper, then you have to solve a puzzle, and there's some other stuff. You get there by looking for the graffiti in the central plaza, then you teliport to the "Hub"

I'm just happy they're finally doing something cool with Home, and this Xi thing is promising. So turn on your PS3s and dust off home and check it out.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Playstation Home
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 12:33:18 pm »
Oooohhhh! Sounds a bit like Uru. That could be fun!