Author Topic: Episode 26 Posted  (Read 3625 times)

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Episode 26 Posted
« on: November 14, 2005, 06:05:30 pm »
In this special Gaming Steve episode I sit down with Jack Emmert, aka "The Statesman", Creative Director of Cryptic Studios. In the interview Jack and I talk about City of Heroes and the newly released City of Villains (of course), the future of comics, what's next for Cryptic, Jack's favorite comics, and much more. Oh yeah, and we talk about the comic book classic Atari Force, enjoy!

Gaming Steve Episode 26 Program
  • 00:03:59  GameTalk: Interview with Jack Emmert, aka "The Statesman", Creative Director at Cryptic Studios.
  • 00:28:28  Show Mail: I answer your audio and email questions.
  • 01:16:05  Final Thoughts on finding an Xbox 360, the PSP as a gaming platform, and where is the rest of the show?

Get the Podcast from this page (83 minutes): Gaming Steve Episode 26 (MP3).

Subscribe to the Podcast directly in iTunes (MP3).
Add the Gaming Steve Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator.
Vote for Gaming Steve on Podcast Alley.

Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 26 Posted
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 07:19:14 pm »
Half a show and its still long.  ;D
Still loving the show Steve.
"Listen, I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."
-Richard Feynman

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 07:40:21 pm »
The "original" show was 3-hours, I had to split it up otherwise the podcast was just going to be WAY too big. Actually I might do this more often in the future as it gives you "more" shows and it allows me to continue to talk on a variety of subjects.

Oh yeah, and I made one big mistake in the show. When I talk about RollerCoaster Tycoon and I say that Atari was the publisher I was incorrect. Actually Microprose/Hasbro was the publisher of the original game, Atari publishes RT3. My bad!

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 08:11:23 pm »
Holy flying pope hats, 3 hours? Sounds awesome.

Yeah, I'm still downloading...

Offline Kagan

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 10:13:19 pm »
The "original" show was 3-hours, I had to split it up otherwise the podcast was just going to be WAY too big.

Should have kept it.

Offline versatek

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 04:47:27 am »
Awesome Interview!  I want to know more about the "Incarnates".  Will that be the CoV version of the Kheldians?  And why "thugs", why not Pirates?!

Did it ever cross your mind to ask Statesman about the controversial new changes to the way enhancements work, or the "nerfing" that's been going on?  Or were you trying to keep the interview light, and not put him on the spot too much?  Not a criticism, just curious.

And on that note, how do you feel about the recent changes to the Coh/CoV powers and enhancement Diversification?

--Steve

Offline retman

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 08:38:42 am »
Does not sound like a good show but o well iam downloading it right now on iTunes
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 10:44:09 am by retman »

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 09:14:20 am »
Awesome Interview!  I want to know more about the "Incarnates".  Will that be the CoV version of the Kheldians?  And why "thugs", why not Pirates?!

Did it ever cross your mind to ask Statesman about the controversial new changes to the way enhancements work, or the "nerfing" that's been going on?  Or were you trying to keep the interview light, and not put him on the spot too much?  Not a criticism, just curious.

And on that note, how do you feel about the recent changes to the Coh/CoV powers and enhancement Diversification?

Yeah, those Incarnates are cool but I knew that he wouldn't talk about them that much more so I didn't press him.

Jack was very tired during the interview and to tell you the truth I wanted to talk more about his ideas on comics and superheros than the changes and nerfing. These changes occur in every single MMO and it is actually, in my opinion, often a good thing rather than a bad one. If the developers are continuously changing and updating the game that means powers and abilities need to be changed. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse, but what's important is that the developers are updating and enhancing the game. And that is, in my opinion, a good thing.

Hence, I didn't ask this because it's just part of running an MMO, even WOW does this with every patch they release. Nerfing and overpowering will always be part of the MMO world...

Oh yeah, and pirates would be freaking awesome!

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 09:20:54 am »
Great as always, though there are some things that confuse me.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 09:39:37 pm »
Oh yeah, and pirates would be freaking awesome!

Not as awesome as Ninja-Pirates.