Author Topic: PSP too much $ for Canadians  (Read 2933 times)

Offline Syncmasterk

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
PSP too much $ for Canadians
« on: March 24, 2005, 02:49:59 pm »
PSP costs 601.00 for a decent bundle with taxes and all one that would cost around 425.00 in the US i want a PSP badly but not at that price WOW... as well for me to buy games on average a new game for PC costs 70 bucks or more in Canada :( and a Ps2 game costs about 75

EDIT-

i want to also state that i do not mind paying that much but i really can't afford to gamble on bad games
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 03:22:31 pm by Syncmasterk »

I got my name from a computer monitor

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
Re: PSP too much $ for Canadians
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 10:11:30 am »
I now have the mental image of a team of geeky smugglers, crossing the border with unlabelled boxes filled with PSPs hitting the streets and selling them out of dark alleys.  Greatest criminal syndicate ever.  -leeman

Offline Nic

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 04:03:15 pm »
Except it's the exchange rate not greed that makes the prices higher.

Offline voodoo

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 04:54:45 pm »
I'm curious - does anyone know if that freeipods.com freepsps.com stuff work? Kevin Rose apparently says it works (he's gotten a $250 gift certificate and a free Mac Mini from it), but I'm still skeptical. Just wondering if this could be my way to get a PSP!!

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 08:49:26 am »
I know somebody who got a free iPod, but you have to get people to sign up for stuff. He was a webmaster so he just gave away exclusive accounts on his site if people signed up.

Offline voodoo

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 05:42:00 pm »
That's a great idea! I'm the webmaster of a site also...maybe I could do that.

My friend is currently trying to get a free iPod through one of those things (of the 5 people, he has 4, although they haven't signed up yet). I'm waiting to see how that goes for him. I have heard that it works great and the only problem is long waits, but I'd like a close friend to try it first. If it works out for him, I'm going to organize it so that all my friends will help one another get a free thing that they want by signing up for each other. As long as we all get different things, it should work fine.