Author Topic: -NEWSFLASH!- Great Galactic Market Destroyed!  (Read 8640 times)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
-NEWSFLASH!- Great Galactic Market Destroyed!
« on: November 22, 2008, 01:53:14 pm »
GALACTIC NEWS
10 Standard Hours ago, an unprovoked terrorist attack took place apon the Gal-Ex HQ. Experts report that the bomb was a, or several, Nuclear Fusion Bomb(s) exploded in the GalEx offices. While Automatic sealing prodedures saved many lives, all inside the Main Market Forum and nearby areas were killed by the instant lack of Oxygen. Creatures that breated different gasses and were wearing rebreathers survived the initial hit, but died later from temperature and pressure complications in the void. Those inside the hotels and recreation wings managed to seal the doors before they were sucked out into space, and were evacuated.

The monumental loss of life was only harshened by the effect on the buisness world. The Galactic Credit sank to nearly 10 times lower than other equivelent currencys due to the huge loss of shares, mostly from companies who invested money in GalEx. Questions have been raised apon GalEx's dependancy, and many are pulling out investment, switching to the recently formed and more successful Galactic Trade Confederacy. Whether GalEx can pull off a final last act to hold their lead apon the Head of Trade in the known Galaxy remains to be seen.

Sponsered by Beyon Security Enterprises, your saftey, our dedication.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 01:55:16 pm by Plank of Wood »

the real saviour of this forum

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
Re: -NEWSFLASH!- Great Galactic Market Destroyed!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 02:02:12 pm »
((After martyk responds to the thing I posted, don't try to take away from what I posted, since I want to RP with my Vykusi, you should have your character in the GTC say something, .  Also, how much would this affect my other creature in the GTC?))
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 02:03:50 pm by Kenotai »
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 02:04:35 pm »
((1. lolwut?
2. lolwut?
3. lolwut?
4. Not much, you're actualy gaining money because those not commiting suicde over losing all their money are investing in the GTC now.))

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 02:06:43 pm »
((1. lolwut?
2. lolwut?
3. lolwut?
4. Not much, you're actualy gaining money because those not commiting suicde over losing all their money are investing in the GTC now.))

((I must not have made much sense, then.  Basically I was suggesting that you mention this in the GTC thread, but not until after martyk posts a response to my own post.))
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 02:07:37 pm »
((Oh, right. Sorry. Imma finnally finish off the next chapter of SiF))

Offline SporeBuck

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Remember kids, it's only war crimes if you loose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 03:46:49 pm »
In later news, in the wake of this great tragedy now known as “11/23" the Galactic Senate has went  al liaison to oversee this project , Senator Axl of the Correlian race. He has said "We shall overcome" in other news in several the criminal actions of the Blue Dragons in the Outer Rim systems has attracted the attention of the GPA's organized crime department..
Boobs in Star Trek FTW.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 11:36:56 pm »
this great tragedy now known as “11/23"

No it isn't.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 07:32:07 am »
Agreement.  And Correlians are from Star Wars,  and Blue Dragon is a 360 game.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline SporeBuck

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 03:39:20 pm »

Really? I had no idea. And there is more than one blue dragon. But seriously, I don't think the purple lizard man should talk about orignality.

this great tragedy now known as “11/23"

No it isn't.

Ok. So what is it called.
Boobs in Star Trek FTW.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 03:41:07 pm »
It doesn't need to be called anything. At least call it something origanal, rather than something stolen of a similar real life event.

Offline SporeBuck

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 03:42:39 pm »
It doesn't need to be called anything. At least call it something origanal, rather than something stolen of a similar real life event.

I'm a parrarell guy. To me refernces are superior to originality (thus the family guy)? How about G-Day? That sounds cool.
Boobs in Star Trek FTW.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 03:46:30 pm »
That does sound cool, in fact, thanks for the suggestion. But please, in future, stop trying to take over stories by forcing details. I know you mean well, and it was never your intention to godmode, but please, before you post something IC, think "Am I controling the other person's event/character without permission?". It's worth it in the end, trust me.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 05:14:09 pm »
Is any race's leader going to suddenly declare martial law as a result?
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline SporeBuck

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 05:22:05 pm »
That does sound cool, in fact, thanks for the suggestion. But please, in future, stop trying to take over stories by forcing details. I know you mean well, and it was never your intention to godmode, but please, before you post something IC, think "Am I controling the other person's event/character without permission?". It's worth it in the end, trust me.

I don't think I godmodded. The whole point of rping is to react to someone’s post with your own characters. You posted, I reacted.  Senator Axl is going to oversee the G-day incident which will probably be stared in a joint effort thread between me, you and the GPA.
Boobs in Star Trek FTW.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 05:23:04 pm »
G'day?  Like Australia?
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 05:27:27 pm »

Really? I had no idea. And there is more than one blue dragon. But seriously, I don't think the purple lizard man should talk about orignality.

Excuse me?  And and what are the Nauceans hmm?  Blue dolphin men?  Have you even looked at them?  You know, I'm just gonna stop here, before this get's out of hand.  But you need to learn to watch your mouth and not to stick your nose where it isn't wanted.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline SporeBuck

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 05:32:32 pm »

Excuse me?  And and what are the Nauceans hmm?  Blue dolphin men?  Have you even looked at them?  You know, I'm just gonna stop here, before this get's out of hand.  But you need to learn to watch your mouth and not to stick your nose where it isn't wanted.

(Oh no you din't)

Where do you get off rating and judging my actions like some king of secret police, I was perfectly fine rping here, when you had to come on and stick your nose in my business as a member of this forum I have a Steve given right to post whatever I want as long as it does not violate the bounds stated in the Gaming Steve's Forum Rules. Ergo I am in the right here and you started a completly unnecessary flame attack.
Boobs in Star Trek FTW.

Offline SporeBuck

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 06:42:25 pm »
((Query: Is this a thread for the rping of this event or just an announcement cause I got a great 9/11 aftermath-esque story brewing up in my head.))
Boobs in Star Trek FTW.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 06:44:11 pm »
I have been summoned, everyone needs to cool it. Constructive critisisim is fine there is no need to get personal. SporeBuck & martyk both of you settle down take some time to cool off.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 10:00:31 pm »
Ahh drat, beaten to the punch again. Ah well.. I concur! *flies away dramatically anyway*
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 11:28:45 pm »

I don't think I godmodded. The whole point of rping is to react to someone’s post with your own characters.

I know, but you basicly told me what the event was called, and then told everyone what the senate was doing, despite the fact that you have never actualy posted in the senate thread.

Offline SporeBuck

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 08:38:26 pm »

I don't think I godmodded. The whole point of rping is to react to someone’s post with your own characters.

I know, but you basicly told me what the event was called, and then told everyone what the senate was doing, despite the fact that you have never actualy posted in the senate thread.

I concede the first point but on your second I'm going to have to elaborate more.

You see, once the senate thread died it 'ascended" to what I call 'metacanon', the open source book which is pretty much open to everyone. The moment the senate ceased to be an acting rp such as the AoH or the AoP it developed into a part of the game world itself. just like galactic basic (of which thread will be composed soon as soon as find my **ing charts) and days of the week, the senate has officially become an abstract thought for the galactic government. Thus it is free reign and I am well with my rights to make that action.
Boobs in Star Trek FTW.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2008, 08:49:47 pm »
That makes incredibly little sense as the Senate thread never died.
Threads can't die until they're locked.

Offline SporeBuck

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2008, 08:51:31 pm »
That makes incredibly little sense as the Senate thread never died.
Threads can't die until they're locked.

I'm sorry. "Went into a coma." Happy now?
Boobs in Star Trek FTW.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2008, 11:38:47 pm »
You only have control over a dead group if you actualy took any part in it. I'm pretty sure you never did, and posting now would revive it anyway, so either way you're wrong.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 05:13:25 am »
     So umm, shall we discuss the bombing in the Galactic Senate Thread? ??? This does have a pretty large effect on the galaxy's economy as a whole, especially when it comes to the other economic powerhouses.

Offline SporeBuck

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 08:22:56 am »
     So umm, shall we discuss the bombing in the Galactic Senate Thread? ??? This does have a pretty large effect on the galaxy's economy as a whole, especially when it comes to the other economic powerhouses.

That would be a huge necrobump but I think it qualifies. But since it transended I don't think things like 'member races" matter now.
Boobs in Star Trek FTW.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 08:43:41 am »
To be able to take part in the senate, you have to post in it. You havn't posted it in it, so you have no control over it. At all.

The Star Report
Paradise Gulf Colonies Cut off by Pirates
GalEx Questioned over Convoy Safety

The Propsering Paradise Gulf project has been cancelled by GalEx due to Organised Pirate raids apon Convoys moving into the Paradise Colonies. "The risk to Colonist life has become too high" One spokesman for GalEx said "The War on Piracy in the Galactic South of Union Teritories has had no effect on either Paradise Gulf pirates or those anywhere else. The recent tragedy apon the GGM has weakened the company, our manpower and our PR by a huge amount. Paradise Gulf raids have occured in the past, but not on this scale, and in our weakened state we cannot cope. We are handing the issue of rescuing the Colonists to our Member Government's military."
Critics of GalEx claim that their abandoning of Colonists is immoral and a sign of their fall from power. As of recently, colonies have been sold to neighboring empires to help raise money for the company; many of these a joint effort with the Union.
Experts in piracy and organised crime say that a single organisation is harrasing GalEx, some even belive that the GTC is privatly paying terrorists to destroy this rival in the buisiness world. Evidence for this theory is non-existant, however forensic officers at the GGM ruins can barely find any evidence identifying the intentions of the terrorists or their identity.

Next up: The News at Beyon
Tommorow: Wexxian - A documentry poratraying the true story of the Wexxians
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 12:23:35 pm by Plank of Wood »

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 12:58:18 pm »

I concede the first point but on your second I'm going to have to elaborate more.

You see, once the senate thread died it 'ascended" to what I call 'metacanon', the open source book which is pretty much open to everyone. The moment the senate ceased to be an acting rp such as the AoH or the AoP it developed into a part of the game world itself. just like galactic basic (of which thread will be composed soon as soon as find my **ing charts) and days of the week, the senate has officially become an abstract thought for the galactic government. Thus it is free reign and I am well with my rights to make that action.

You really have to stop making stuff up. The only people that any of this 'property' belongs to is the people that participated in the RP and you haven't done any such thing. Your interference in such things is out of line along with your claims of being able to do whatever you see fit.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 02:59:08 am »
Mon-Krai Official AssinatedLinks to Austian Military have been found

5 Hours ago, reports that Mon-Krai council member Jou-Mak had been shot have come in. The high ranking council member was in charge of trade and the economy; many have drawn up a link to his death with GalEx's attacks. However, an extremly disturbing piece of evidence has been found - The killer was caught with Austian Armour and Weaponry. The assasin refused to tell of any link to the Austian Military, or where he found the armour.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2008, 08:38:32 am »
OH NOES! NOT THE MON-KRAI!
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2008, 10:28:28 am »
Is assinated some worse form of death?  ;)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2008, 10:30:50 am »
Assinated is death by bad spelling, apperently.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 11:35:48 am by Plank of Wood »

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2008, 11:43:39 am »
Assinated is death by bad spelling, apperently.
GAAK! AKK! AAK!
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2008, 11:46:21 am »
I didn't know if it was some form of horrible torture...  :D

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2008, 11:57:14 am »
Yes, it is a cause of consern. We'd better figure out who's assinating the Mercants before we have a Galactic Stalingard on our hands.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2008, 05:07:56 pm »
Yes, it is a cause of consern. We'd better figure out who's assinating the Mercants before we have a Galactic Stalingard on our hands.
GAH! ERK! BLEAHG!

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2008, 11:17:06 pm »
That was scrasm or similar. Do I have to point out the misspelled words in bold so people and tell that I'm joking?

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2008, 10:51:17 am »
That was scrasm or similar. Do I have to point out the misspelled words in bold so people and tell that I'm joking?
Crap, now I feel stupid. :-[

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2008, 05:31:32 pm »
Austian Home System

Deep within space outside the Austian home system, far beyond reasonable sensor range, the background of the stars suddenly began to shift and their light was deformed by the stealth field of a Naszan Frigate called Isona.

On the bridge, Captain Hajar Gragon sat in his chair, calm and stone-faced. Hajar had been specially selected not too long ago to command Operation Seeker. Seeker was the most ambition operation in the short history of the Jazaniro space operations, with the idea being to trek far beyond the Line of Interception, deep into unexplored and possible hostile territory, to spy on what was predicted to be a very violent race.

General Tyronan had predicted that such a race would have a net of sensors to detect enemy ships ahead of time, and so Hajar had been ordered to warp in a week's sub-light travel time from the Austian home system, and to approach so that the Isona would enter the system from beneath, and stay there, monitoring incoming and outgoing ships. Hajar was not to contact the Homeworld, as per protocol in operations beyond the Line of Interception. The mission was predicted to take a number of months, until another Naszan Frigate would arrive to relieve the Isona. Further action was to be taken on Hajar's orders, without High Command clearance.

And so, Hajar and the Isona began moving from beneath the orbital plane of the Austian home system to get into position. A gruelingly slow week in a field of foreign stars, not what Hajar had dreamed of.